Mike must go and PJ must be brought in: TMZ video - pg3

Mike must go and PJ must be brought in: TMZ video - pg3

Postby Shobe on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:05 am

This team is being used completely wrong! We are too old and are built to play the triangle. Mike is completely wasting this talent on this team. You can't expect to have Pau to be launching 3's and having Dwight floating around and not being in the paint where he belongs! Management needs to suck it up and apologize to PJ and say goodbye to Mike! Or this season and beyond will be a disaster and you can bank on Dwight walking away and seeing kobe going elsewhere to finish his career. So wake up MITCH!
Shobe

Re: Mike must go and PJ must be brought in

Postby revgen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 am

So the Lakers are going to pay Mike Brown's, D'Antoni's, and Phil salaries' all at the same time?

I'll believe it when I see it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:10 am

Not gonna happen, at this point roster shake is all that is left, they will not risk humiliating themselves at Jackson's feet begging for forgiveness and offering him a job as both a coach and the new team owner, even though they should :man1:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Shobe on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:12 am

Roster has nothing to do with it. This team is stacked with talent. Its being coached completely wrong. Mike didn't win in Phoenix, didn't win in NY so what makes you think hes going to win here? His system is NOT meant for this team. I don't know what managment was thinking. Calling Phil. Time for some a** kissing.
Shobe

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:13 am

Shobe wrote:Roster has nothing to do with it. This team is stacked with talent. Its being coached completely wrong. Mike didn't win in Phoenix, didn't win in NY so what makes you think hes going to win here? His system is NOT meant for this team. I don't know what managment was thinking. Calling Phil. Time for some a** kissing.

Duhon/Morris/Sacre/DJO/Ebanks

WE STACKED BRO! :jam2:

GoldenKnight

Postby Shobe on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:15 am

I'm sorry injuries aside. With a full healthy team we are stacked. Coach cannot coach this team correctly!
Shobe

Postby RushDelivery on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 am

Shobe wrote:This team is being used completely wrong! We are too old and are built to play the triangle. Mike is completely wasting this talent on this team. You can't expect to have Pau to be launching 3's and having Dwight floating around and not being in the paint where he belongs! Management needs to suck it up and apologize to PJ and say goodbye to Mike! Or this season and beyond will be a disaster and you can bank on Dwight walking away and seeing kobe going elsewhere to finish his career. So wake up MITCH!

You do realize there's no chance Phil Jackson is going to coach this team right?

After the way he was treated with the midnight call, combined with Jim's well known distaste for him, combined with Jerry's well known desire to rekindle Showtime, combined with the fact the Lakers would have to pay Mike Brown, Mike D'Antoni, and Phil's massive salary all at the same time, there's practically zero chance he's ever coming back to coach the Lakers.

That ship has sailed, and the Lakers are stuck with D'Antoni for at least this season and likely longer.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat
RushDelivery

Postby Tragic on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:18 am

Doubt that happens.
Tragic

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:19 am

watch Phil ask for 20mill/yr now with 20% of the team :man10:
khmrP

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:21 am

Also Phil went on record saying he doesn't think this team has the talent to compete with the East's faster, younger & more athletic teams either way, that kind of does it....

GoldenKnight

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:23 am

^ I agree with you OP. But it's not going to happen now. Our ownership basically spat in Phil's face. They thought they knew better than the fan base and they jerked everyone around for what became a very long weekend. In the end they already had their guy picked out.

I heard so many times about how much fun it's going to be with D' Antoni at the helm. Are we having fun yet? We were actually having fun under Bernie B. That's the ironic thing. B was leaving them alone for the most part but using very intuitive and astute substitution patterns. It was working.

For what it's worth though, I never truly believed that it would work out to get Phil back. I thought it would be amazing, but I never really bought it because of the rift between him and Jim Buss.

My guy all along was Sloan. Defensive accountability, hard nosed but smart coaching, good with veterans, and a system offensively that fit our personnel to a tee - a much better fit IMO than the Princeton, Run and Gun or the Triangle even.
Last edited by Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:24 am

phil jackson shouldve been hired in the first place but its not gonna happen
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Shobe on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:28 am

Yea I know it's a long shot but this team, city and fans are not gonna stand for this all season long. We have too much to lose. Dwight is gonna walk away, Kobe isn't gonna keep quiet nor keep losing to finish his career. This is just down right ridiculous! What a waste of talent.
Shobe

Postby dak22 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:31 am

If we need phil to be at .500 with 2 top 5 players, then we were never a serious threat to win it all come june.
dak22

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 am

Sloan would have been the best move because he doesn't carry the baggage/drama of Phil vs. Jimbo. But he's still hall of fame and an undeniably great coach. Certainly world's better than Mike D' Antoni.

But the damage is already done. D' Antoni is the coach. We had a chance for redemption after Brown. There was the possibility of rectifying the mistake Jimbo made last time around. Instead he compounded the situation with another mistaken hiring. It's just maddening. :bang:

He had an opportunity to choose between two Hall of Fame coaches. One he led along and then stabbed him in the back essentially (Phil). The other he didn't even bother to call on the phone in Sloan.

Instead we have Mike "no D" Antoni.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Shobe on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:38 am

Yup, out front office is a bunch of low lives. They did PJ wrong, they did Lamar wrong, they did d fish wrong and too that off with Brian shaw. They do not know how to be a professional business that's for sure.
Shobe

Postby gcclaker on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:40 am

That ship sailed at midnight...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:42 am

show of hands... who actually thought that hiring d'antoni over phil was a good idea?
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:42 am

Shobe wrote:Yup, out front office is a bunch of low lives. They did PJ wrong, they did Lamar wrong, they did d fish wrong and too that off with Brian shaw. They do not know how to be a professional business that's for sure.

fish/odom was business, every team does that.....as for PJ, yes they did him wrong.
khmrP

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:45 am

gcclaker wrote:That ship sailed at midnight...

:man6: :man6:

Sad but true. The "midnight coup" as Phil called it. It's long gone now.

To be fair to Antoni though - we won't truly know what he or this team are going to be able to do in each other's company until he gets the full coterie back and healthy. He needs his muse, Nash. Obviously he can't adjust to life without him. Couldn't in NY. Couldn't so far here either.

We shall see. I never thought he was a good fit for this team. But there's nothing really to do at this point but watch it all play out. Maybe it'll all get a lot better. Maybe . . . .
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:show of hands... who actually thought that hiring d'antoni over phil was a good idea?

Three [maybe actually two]... One old...the other one young. Both initials JB.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Murdock on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:48 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:show of hands... who actually thought that hiring d'antoni over phil was a good idea?

talent wise, how this team is built - I say Mike was the right choice, handling all the egos (mainly Kobe) - Phil's the choice ...

I don't think we would play much better D with Phil over here IMO ...
Murdock

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:53 am

we had our chance to bring him in and jim buss didnt. huge mistake but we gotta let dantoni play a full lineup before anything
Ariza3

Postby RushDelivery on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 am

Murdock wrote:talent wise, how this team is built - I say Mike was the right choice

So run and gun fits this team :man3:

IMO Phil's offense would have fit this team far better than D'Antoni's rigid system, and he would have had the Lakers playing better defense. Just look up the defensive efficiency under Phil for the Lakers, I remember someone else posting that and his Lakers teams always played at least decent defense.
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat
RushDelivery

Postby bnr034 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:55 am

Murdock wrote:

talent wise, how this team is built - I say Mike was the right choice, handling all the egos (mainly Kobe) - Phil's the choice ...

I don't think we would play much better D with Phil over here IMO ...

At least phil will play mind games with them to keep them semi on track... right it its like :bang: :bang: :bang:
bnr034

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion