Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Reports! Jordan wants Kobe!

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Reports! Jordan wants Kobe!

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:15 pm

The history of Jordan's inability to attract star-quality players while with the Wizards would have been rewritten had Kobe Bryant been available. Bryant apparently wanted to play for or with Jordan, and now comes word that Bryant may opt out of his contract with the Lakers after next season. Kobe in a Bucks uniform?

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:16 pm

Shouldn't he be more concerned with getting Mil. first?

Anyways, this article interesting, but I don't like it...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Coppertop on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:18 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Shouldn't he be more concerned with getting Mil. first?

Anyways, this article interesting, but I don't like it...

Yeah, so I'm just curious why exactly it is Kobe wants to tie his own legacy to Jordan. I seriously doubt the credibility of this article. Maybe Kobe will play for the Hawks in two season when Jordan own that franchise :man1:
Coppertop

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:20 pm

Oh, for those stressing about it... Don't. In my personal opinion, Kobe will NOT leave Los Angeles for a long time, possibly later in his career.

Also, don't worry also because it looks like Mil.'s owner is NOT ready to sell... MJ probably has the money but the owner won't sell.

- - - - - - -

ESPN.com news services

Michael Jordan wanted to buy the Milwaukee Bucks. But in the end, Herb Kohl wasn't ready to sell.

Kohl, the Bucks owner and U.S. senator from Wisconsin, announced that he is pulling his team off the market.

In a statement released Sunday, Kohl said: "I have decided not to sell the Milwaukee Bucks at this time, and will continue to own them, improve them, and commit them to remaining in Wisconsin."
Lakers Dynasty 2000

:

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:38 pm

I read this article a couple of days ago, but I am not concerned about it because I agree as long as the Lakers are trying to improve the team, they have Phil, Shaq (in shape), and a couple of new veterans, then Kobe will be there. I highly doubt Kobe will ever leave LA, and in the smallest possible chance of him doing so wouldn't be until Shaq and Phil leave. I think the only time Kobe probably thought about playing with Jordan and leaving the Lakers was probably in the summer of 98 when they had yet to win a championship and Jordan's plans were up in the air, that is probably the only time he probably considered leaving to play with Jordan, because seriously who wouldn't want to play for or with Jordan. When he became apart of the Wizards tons of players said they wanted to play for or with Jordan-Vince, T-Mac, and other big named players but they were under contracts. Kobe saying this is no big deal. I am sure most NBA players have made this statement at some point or another.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby ZenMaster on Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:42 am

Agreed.
The more I think about it, the less I worry...I think Kobe will be back.
If he does consider 'opting out' of his current deal it will be mostly out of curiousity, that's all, just to see exactly how this free agency process works, b/c he has never been able to experience it before. But I think it will only go so far, if it even reaches THAT point. Deep down I think he knows L.A. is his best chance for more rings, and that the Lakers are committed to getting back on top and staying there. In the end he will re-sign with us.
ZenMaster

Postby SWOL on Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:21 am

THIS IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN......JORDAN IS NOT GOING TO OWN THE BUCKS, THE OWNER SAID TODAY THEY ARE NO LONGER FOR SALE
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Neumatics on Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:25 am

Why would Kobe leave LA after Phil and Shaq leave? Because he doesn't want to be the unquestioned leader, superstar, and veteren player on the most publicized basketball team in the world in one of the largest major cities? Give me a break.
Neumatics

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:23 pm

Hey guys,i wanna Vanessa Williams!! Do u think i could agree a sign-trade with Rick Fox? i'll send him my housemate!!

:

Postby JSM on Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:25 pm

yeah he would stay, only if he doesn't want to win any more championships, and wants to start getting a lot better draft picks, say within the top 15. Once Phil and Shaq leave his chances of getting another ring dwindles quite a bit. The only way he would stay is if he has a young nucleus of players put around him that are good and would be there for awhile and could help him win, this is very possible, especially with them not having to spend 1/3 of their money on Shaq, but if it doesn't happen expect to see Kobe packing it up. You honestly think Kobe would want to stay there if he was the only one that was any good, well I don't, I think winning is a lot more important to him than being a "unquestioned leader, superstar, and veteran player on the most publicized basketball team in the world in one of the largest major cities". If he stayed he would be no different than T-Mac, with the exception of being a better overall player. He would be MVP probably every year and would make the playoffs every year, but he can’t win it all by himself. Name one team that has ever won it with ONE player. Let's see Tim had Robinson; Kobe had Shaq; MJ had Pip; Hakeem had Drexler; Thomas had Dumars, Laimbeer, and Rodman; Magic had Worthy and Kareem; Wilt had Baylor and West; Bird had Parish and McHale.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:06 pm

The concept of the one man championship team is one that has NEVER been realized in the history of organized competitive basketball. It is a myth. A truly great and championship level team requires at least 2 great players, and even then they have to be (as the Lakers proved) two of the top 5 players in the league AT THE TIME of their partnership. All other teams that have been champions or at that level have had 4-6 great players...there will NEVER be a player in any team sport that is good enough to make a bad or mediocre team a champion just with their presence...EVER! Cleveland will find that out pretty fast as well...
Snakell Beast

Postby FirstLady on Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:20 pm

Heck, name me one team that wasn't salivating at the thought of getting Kobe when they heard his FA comments!Image
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Return to Lakers Discussion