Minnesota Timberwolves Vs Los Angeles Lakers

Minnesota Timberwolves Vs Los Angeles Lakers

Postby Dragan on Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:47 pm

We won 9 championships in LA and 5 in Minneapolis. And for a long time I have bean thinking should be count for 14 or just 9. And that is why I am thrilled that we are playing Wolves in the playoffs cose if we beat them I feel that we would have rightfull claim to those 5 championships and wouldn't think of the subject any more which would be a relief.

During 3 peat a lot of Laker fans became arogant. Thay toth: We dont care who we play. Who ever we play and when ever we play him, we are going to win. Most invalid oppinion was: Bring Kings in the 1 st round it would be even sweeter to beat tham in the 1 st. I agree. It would. But what if we lose ? What than ? I honestly believe that Spurs and the Kings are the only teams that can beat us if both Shaq and Kobe are helthy. So my first priority was to avoid these two. Once we did, it was my priority to avoid the Mavs. Even though I think we would beat tham, I just think thay would take a lot out of play. Who ever we play and when ever we play him, we are going to win. Most invalid oppinion was: Bring Kings in the 1 st round it would be even sweeter to beat tham in the 1 st. I agree. It would. But what if we lose ? What than ? I honestly believe that Spurs and the Kings are the only teams that can beat us if both Shaq and Kobe are helthy. So my first priority was to avoid these two. Once we did, it was my priority to avoid the Mavs. Even though I think we would beat tham, I just think thay would take a lot out of us living out less for later stages. And even more so, I wanted to avoid the Kings untill the conference finals. So with this 5 th sead I got all of that so I am very happy. Ofcourse, finishing 4 th ( witch was within our reach ) would be mutch better, but hey, lets not complain with what we have. The way this season has gone, we should be happy.

OK now. Time to concetrate on the Timberwolves. As I sead previously, I feel that we are going to beat tham. But lets make one thing clear. This will not be an easy series. A lot of people think of home court advantage as home court advantage in game 7 if it comes to that. But I look at it differently. You know, if you happend to win first two games at home, it makes it very dificult for your opponents mentaly to come back into the series. And I think thats a huge advantage. Obviously I dont even want to think of that scenario. We are going in Minneapolis to win one of two gameead previously, I feel that we are going to beat tham. But lets make one thing clear. This will not be an easy series.
Dragan

Postby II LAKERS II on Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:59 am

I noticed how you said what then, well then, if we loose that is, it will show us who the bandwagon hoppers are, and the true fans are... :jam2:
II LAKERS II

Postby Dragan on Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:29 pm

I dont think so. Only repeat of 93/94 season would show that.
Dragan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:35 pm

For master schedule, and Links to the individual game threads, go here - http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion