Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby emplay on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Hey all,

It’s been a busy week!

Here’s a bunch of recent updates:

Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 9730.story

I have the Clippers at #1, Lakers #20 in the HOOPSWORLD NBA Power Rankings Week 10
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-power-rankings-week-10-2/

Lakers’ Week 10 in review
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 7361.story

Did Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard nearly come to blows?
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 8446.story

Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard mock story that they nearly had a fight
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 1587.story

Dwight Howard out indefinitely with shoulder injury
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 8576.story

Lakers: Week 11 predictions
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 5532.story

Lakers waive Darius Johnson-Odom, keep Robert Sacre
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 8298.story

Preview: Lakers at Rockets
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 9319.story

YouTube parody begs for a team that will trade for Pau Gasol
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow ... 0408.story

Thanks!

Eric
Check me at at www.HOOPSWORLD.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus
emplay
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 3945
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:50 pm

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:02 pm

They certainly aren't.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15220
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:03 pm

you gave the Ferrari to a guy that doesnt know how to drive it...and now the engine is all broke
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:04 pm

running on empty for 2 seasons
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20547
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Can't access those news articles from the Times. And I am not gonna pay for a subscription just to read news that can be viewed for free all over the net. They have enough annoying ads don't they?
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:27 pm

wow, the let djo go. poor guy, he had a lot of upside.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9904
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:36 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Can't access those news articles from the Times. And I am not gonna pay for a subscription just to read news that can be viewed for free all over the net. They have enough annoying ads don't they?


I don't understand that, why would it ask you to subscribe and I can read them just fine without an account or anything? Is it something to do with living outside LA/OC?
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50950
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby MC on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:you gave the Ferrari to a guy that doesnt know how to drive it...and now the engine is all broke


twice..... gave it too a guy twice....... in a row
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
User avatar
MC

 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Image
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9451
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby MC on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:49 pm

dj - got to drive it on the road and not in the lake if you want to know that for sure.....

one could be compounding the other instead of trying to work around it...

no team is 100% weakness free......... we are a vet team...... so why not get them playing like one which is controlling the pace and reducing the turnovers playing efficient half court basketball with good off ball movement using screen action to get guys freed up for better looks than jacking up long perimeter shots that lead to easy transition opportunities from the bricks that go up.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
User avatar
MC

 
Posts: 4374
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:54 pm

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby lakersfever on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 pm

It's not the cylinders or the car. The Lakers are a V-12 ferrari enzo that could blow away anything. It's the driver. Gotta get a competent driver. Saw PJ in that Audi commercial? :jam2:
User avatar
lakersfever

 
Posts: 350
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:38 am
Location: OC

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:10 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:you gave the Ferrari to a guy that doesnt know how to drive it...and now the engine is all broke


phil Jackson is a good mechanic.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby SublimeAnarky on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:15 pm

Weezy wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Can't access those news articles from the Times. And I am not gonna pay for a subscription just to read news that can be viewed for free all over the net. They have enough annoying ads don't they?


I don't understand that, why would it ask you to subscribe and I can read them just fine without an account or anything? Is it something to do with living outside LA/OC?


Have the same issue. Stupid. I enjoyed reading emplay's work. Could someone please paste it here, so us lesser mortals can read it too?
User avatar
SublimeAnarky

 
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:22 am
Location: India

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby kosstick on Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:18 pm

Anyone see this comment on the Kupchak article rofllll..


"Please tell me the press will not begin making excuses about how great the Lakers will be when everyone is healthy... They were & are NOT A GOOD TEAM LET ALONE A CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER...THE LAKERS NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING;

A. FIRE THIS MIKE & HIRE B. SCOTT...

B. TRADE DWIGHT TO THE NETS ALONG WITH PEACE.

C. TRADE NASH TO TORONTO FOR LOWRY

D. TRADE GASOL TO THE TIMBERWOLVES FOR LOVE.

E. TRADE OR PUT ON THE BLOCK OF EXPIRING CONTRACTS THE WHOLE BENCH EXCEPT FOR HILL.

F. NEW LAKERS SHOULD ONLY HAVE KOBE & HILL ON IT.

G. DO NOT TAKE PLAYERS THE TEAMS WANT TO DUMP, TAKE NO ONE OVER 25, TAKE NO ONE WHO WILL NOT BE A SUPER STUD IN THE FUTURE..."

Lakers got some brain dead fans.
kosstick

 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby Savage1 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:41 pm

kosstick wrote:Anyone see this comment on the Kupchak article rofllll..


"Please tell me the press will not begin making excuses about how great the Lakers will be when everyone is healthy... They were & are NOT A GOOD TEAM LET ALONE A CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER...THE LAKERS NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING;

A. FIRE THIS MIKE & HIRE B. SCOTT...

B. TRADE DWIGHT TO THE NETS ALONG WITH PEACE.

C. TRADE NASH TO TORONTO FOR LOWRY

D. TRADE GASOL TO THE TIMBERWOLVES FOR LOVE.

E. TRADE OR PUT ON THE BLOCK OF EXPIRING CONTRACTS THE WHOLE BENCH EXCEPT FOR HILL.

F. NEW LAKERS SHOULD ONLY HAVE KOBE & HILL ON IT.

G. DO NOT TAKE PLAYERS THE TEAMS WANT TO DUMP, TAKE NO ONE OVER 25, TAKE NO ONE WHO WILL NOT BE A SUPER STUD IN THE FUTURE..."

Lakers got some brain dead fans.

I hope the poster wasn't serious! :man11:
User avatar
Savage1

 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Florida

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby gcclaker on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm

They're not because one cylinder is worn out, another was refurbished, one just came off repair, one comes and goes which leaves just one that works just fine doing most of the firing.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:34 pm

The Lakers FO are a joke for choosing Adelman over Mike Brown and D'Antoni over Phil ! :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5564
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:43 pm

gcclaker wrote:They're not because one cylinder is worn out, another was refurbished, one just came off repair, one comes and goes which leaves just one that works just fine doing most of the firing.


Big Block Chevy running like a 93 Hyundai 4 banger..... :man10:
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23017
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby khmrP on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 pm

kosstick wrote:Anyone see this comment on the Kupchak article rofllll..


"Please tell me the press will not begin making excuses about how great the Lakers will be when everyone is healthy... They were & are NOT A GOOD TEAM LET ALONE A CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDER...THE LAKERS NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING;

A. FIRE THIS MIKE & HIRE B. SCOTT...

B. TRADE DWIGHT TO THE NETS ALONG WITH PEACE.

C. TRADE NASH TO TORONTO FOR LOWRY

D. TRADE GASOL TO THE TIMBERWOLVES FOR LOVE.

E. TRADE OR PUT ON THE BLOCK OF EXPIRING CONTRACTS THE WHOLE BENCH EXCEPT FOR HILL.

F. NEW LAKERS SHOULD ONLY HAVE KOBE & HILL ON IT.

G. DO NOT TAKE PLAYERS THE TEAMS WANT TO DUMP, TAKE NO ONE OVER 25, TAKE NO ONE WHO WILL NOT BE A SUPER STUD IN THE FUTURE..."

Lakers got some brain dead fans.


I guess concept of reality doesn't apply to that guy who made that comment :man10:
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby Nikez on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:56 pm

He's right. There is no reason we shouldn't far and away be the most powerful basketball force in the league.

I think Mitch's comment was the understatement of the year.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.


It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
User avatar
Nikez

 
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby Juronimo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:06 pm

SublimeAnarky wrote:
Weezy wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Can't access those news articles from the Times. And I am not gonna pay for a subscription just to read news that can be viewed for free all over the net. They have enough annoying ads don't they?


I don't understand that, why would it ask you to subscribe and I can read them just fine without an account or anything? Is it something to do with living outside LA/OC?


Have the same issue. Stupid. I enjoyed reading emplay's work. Could someone please paste it here, so us lesser mortals can read it too?


I think if you view over a certain amount of articles a month it will throw up that subscription roadblock. it has happened to me too.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6597
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby karacha on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:09 pm

That's an understatement, really.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37471
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:10 pm

gcclaker wrote:They're not because one cylinder is worn out, another was refurbished, one just came off repair, one comes and goes which leaves just one that works just fine doing most of the firing.




Jim Buss raises hood...takes a long hard look...then says 'yup, i think its a flat tire'
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:13 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
gcclaker wrote:They're not because one cylinder is worn out, another was refurbished, one just came off repair, one comes and goes which leaves just one that works just fine doing most of the firing.




Jim Buss raises hood...takes a long hard look...then says 'yup, i think its a flat tire'


Or another metaphor, just for fun:

Jim Buss feels car not running well---> decides best fix is to take it to race track and push RPM to redline---> engine throws a rod and doesnt finish race---> Jimmy reads about it in the paper days later from his box at Hollywood Park.
Last edited by phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Mitch Kupchak says Lakers 'not running on all cylinders'

Postby Nikez on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Another metaphor:

Our players need to act like they belong in the NBA

ok so that wasn't very poetic lol
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.


It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
User avatar
Nikez

 
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:29 pm

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 10 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.