Mitch Kupchak Training Camp Press Conference (Video)

Mitch Kupchak Training Camp Press Conference (Video)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:16 pm

I know some of his quotes from this mornings press conference have been put in threads already started but for anyone wants to see the entire press conference in video here are the links:

Part 1: http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2013/09/25/130925KupchakPt1mov-2602650/

Part 2: http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2013/09/25/130925KupchakPt2mov-2602596/

I can't wait for Saturday when TWC SportsNet starting at 10am pct will be doing a 2-hour special on the Media Day and with the very first practice later that night. Then, of course, we have our first preseason game on Oct. 5th :jam2: :bow: :jam2:

Enjoy the videos, I'm so glad we have Mitch in our corner. I hope fans heard the first answer Mitch gave where he said the recent comment my Jeanie Buss where actually made a year ago, not recently like the article I'm sure suggested.

:man10: at what Mitch said about Demarcus Cousins in Part 2
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Re: Mitch Kupchak Training Camp Press Conference (Video)

Postby Center Court on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:51 am

two big takeaways here:

1) Unlike the past where Mitch has stated stuff along the lines of "we feel like we're in the mix of teams that can compete to win a ring", he flat out stated he has no expectations for this season but feels like if healthy, can win a lot of games.

2) We are not going to settle for marginal talent like Deng and Granger when free agency rolls around. They want to put together a dynastic team, even it means waiting a couple years.
Center Court

Return to Lakers Discussion