Modified Triangle / Kobe / George / Role Playing = WIN

Modified Triangle / Kobe / George / Role Playing = WIN

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 09, 2003 11:19 pm

Wow, what a great game you guys. I told you, just believe, now what haters? However, don't get to excited yet, let's just look at the positives of game 3, and hope they carry into game 4.

First off, George, what a surprise! I wasn't expecting that at all, and then he goes on to his the Lakers first 2 shots of the game! But man, he must have been in pain, he was jumping like no other, and what great Zen by Phil - "He'll be lucky to throw in an inbounds pass", then PJax starts him. That's Zen at it's best...

Next off, The modified triangle is so deadly, what a great adjustment, by just having Shaq come up to the free throw line opens up so much space on the court, that more picks can be made cleanly, and then more room for the role players to move. Frees up alot of space, great adjustments by the entire coaching staff...

And lastly, that is the MVP side of Kobe we saw tonight. Getting his teamates involved. Scoring when it was needed, and more importantly, he played under control. It seemed in game 1 & 2, he was to over-aggresive, plus I loved the pick and role plays with Shaq and Kobe. I mean when is the last time you saw Shaq come up and set a pick for KB at the three point line? Great stuff....

Tonight, the Lakers have regained their swagger, and now, I feel, have taken control of the Spurs weak areas. This win defineltly sent out a message. The game is just so easy when the Lakers play like they did tonight...

Now, like I mentioned before, don't get overconfident yet, but be proud. The swagger is back, and so is this series. Let's hope they carry over these key factors into game 4.

HERE WE GO LAKERS HERE WE GO CLAP CLAP CLA-CLA-CLAP
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 12:13 am

Dayam this game was so fulfilling! I have all these people calling mah house when the Lakers lose, and when they won, silent all night. But they don't follow any teams or know anything, they just know what they read in newspapers, and see on TV. It's aight tho... The Lakers played great basketball, and made their shots, it's as easy as that to win. They took the Spurs' momentum away early in the game, and that's how they won. They/We didn't expect Devean to play and when he did, dayam!! PJ and his deverge statements made it seem that Devean was gonna be of no use. LMAO...I love it when he does that!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Sat May 10, 2003 2:11 am

that equation is definitely correct. plus, they used a lot of backdoor and high screen & roll plays. imma try and upload a bunch of clips from game 3. i hope it works, cuz technical problems have been poppin up lately
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Sat May 10, 2003 8:20 am

I LOVE THE EQUATION LD2K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS 100% CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby shaqass on Sat May 10, 2003 8:58 am

I don't agree with you guys. The equation is not ok.

If you saw the game you should have noticed something obvious...

WE HAVE TO MOVE SHAQ TO THE PG SPOT!!!!!! HE RUN THE FLOOR AND COAST TO COAST LIKE MUGSY WHEN HE WAS 20!!!!!!

....and we haven't seen all his weapon yet....sure Daddy can shoot 3 pointer as well :man1:

4ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! :jam2:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 10, 2003 10:07 am

:man10: Hell yea, Shaq at PG...

But seriously, have you ever seen a 300+ Dominant center catch a rebound, and outrun 5 Spurs in the opposite direction for a dunk? I have...

In the words from the greatest ever...
"He went coast to coast"
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 10, 2003 11:48 am

I think the first team to win on the road wins the series because if SA wins sunday, they go up 3-1 and we won't come back from that having two of three in SA. And if we win in sunday then we will have two chances (to the Spurs 1) to win one on the road, so I say what Barkley, EJ and "The Jet" all agreed to last night...the first team to win in the other team's building wins the series....I just hope it isn't sunday at Staples cause that would suck. I have faith that the Lakers will duplicate their defensive effort again in at least the first half sunday, so as long as Derek Rob and Devean continue to get the looks they need and most importantly Kobe keeps under control, we may win this series in 6 (or lose it in 6) but I say again...win or lose...we WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN A 7 GAME SERIES...I just got a feeling during the Wolves series that we wouldn't and until I am proven wrong I will stick to my guns!
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Sat May 10, 2003 3:43 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:I think the first team to win on the road wins the series because if SA wins sunday, they go up 3-1 and we won't come back from that having two of three in SA. And if we win in sunday then we will have two chances (to the Spurs 1) to win one on the road, so I say what Barkley, EJ and "The Jet" all agreed to last night...the first team to win in the other team's building wins the series....I just hope it isn't sunday at Staples cause that would suck. I have faith that the Lakers will duplicate their defensive effort again in at least the first half sunday, so as long as Derek Rob and Devean continue to get the looks they need and most importantly Kobe keeps under control, we may win this series in 6 (or lose it in 6) but I say again...win or lose...we WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN A 7 GAME SERIES...I just got a feeling during the Wolves series that we wouldn't and until I am proven wrong I will stick to my guns!

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!
LAKERS IN 6!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2:
TOMOROW IS A MUST WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 10, 2003 5:30 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:I think the first team to win on the road wins the series because if SA wins sunday, they go up 3-1 and we won't come back from that having two of three in SA. And if we win in sunday then we will have two chances (to the Spurs 1) to win one on the road, so I say what Barkley, EJ and "The Jet" all agreed to last night...the first team to win in the other team's building wins the series....I just hope it isn't sunday at Staples cause that would suck. I have faith that the Lakers will duplicate their defensive effort again in at least the first half sunday, so as long as Derek Rob and Devean continue to get the looks they need and most importantly Kobe keeps under control, we may win this series in 6 (or lose it in 6) but I say again...win or lose...we WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN A 7 GAME SERIES...I just got a feeling during the Wolves series that we wouldn't and until I am proven wrong I will stick to my guns!

Very good insight on that... I hope we win Game 5 as the 1st road team to win a game this series..... :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 11, 2003 9:44 am

On more factor I forgot to mention...

Let Duncan get his, and defend the supporting cast. That's a great idea, because when you look at the numbers of game 2, then game 3, the Spurs shot terrible from the role players. All due to the defensive switch P Jax made... It's smart, and it stopped the tremendous firepower the Spurs team can execute out. So I think game 4 looks very good to us...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun May 11, 2003 10:44 am

I think we should let Rob, Mark and Samaki guard Tim as well as they can and play everyone else up tight. We should also play the high post offense and make sure to get an EARLY lead so we can get momentum for the role players and make Kobe and Shaq' job easier!
Snakell Beast

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun May 11, 2003 12:24 pm

I say use Madsen at the end of the 1st, and a quarter of the way through the 2nd to bring some energy to the feild. ALSO, I just thought of something else...

Think about Rob & Shaw, neither have been hitting their shots, this is good news people. You know one of them will hit some this game....
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion