No more games on FSW and KCAL!!

No more games on FSW and KCAL!!

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 06, 2003 1:27 am

For the rest of the postseason there isn't gonna be anymore games on KCAL and FSW :man6:

Under the NBA's new television contract that went into effect this season, TNT has exclusivity after the first round of the playoffs.

That means any Laker game from here on out that is carried by TNT cannot be shown by the local carrier, which is Channel 9 for road games and Fox Sports Net for home games.

However, ESPN's exclusivity doesn't kick in until the conference finals, so any Laker-San Antonio game televised by ESPN can also be carried by the local carrier.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakernote5may05,1,1786778.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

Can u believe there aren't gonna be n e more simulcasts. They gave the TV broadcasts Sundey, and they let Stu choose which one he wanted (radio or tv) to stay with so he wanted TV. Stu stayed with the TV cuz Chick always told him if they split up then choose TV. Man I dont wanna hear 2 new people on the radio... This sux!!

Dayam I hate hearin ESPN and TNT announcers!! They really suck! :man7:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Tue May 06, 2003 5:25 am

I HATE THOSE FREAKIN BROADCASTERS!

STU AND PAUL ROCK! :jam2:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 8:26 am

Well, I can't get the radio broadcasts because I live in NY...so that doesn't really affect me. But, I do wish Stu and Sundy were the playoff broadcasters in place of at least the ABC guys, because they are bad and irritating!
Snakell Beast

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Wed May 07, 2003 1:50 pm

Looks likeI'll be hanging out at the local sports bar, or choking on my neighbors cigarette smoke to watch the games. :bang: Oh well, back to the static of am rdio (just like my sig, you can see it, but it's kinda fuzzy).
Slayer Alstarx

Postby 4Rings on Wed May 07, 2003 1:57 pm

I just turn down the TV and listen to Paul and Stu. Yeah, it's a one second delay from the radio to the TV, but it's better than listening to the TNT announcers.
4Rings

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 07, 2003 2:32 pm

Yes, I hate the TNT announcers. They suck. And no more simulcast, what has this organization come to :disagree:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby MONIE32373 on Wed May 07, 2003 2:38 pm

EVEN WORSE I HEARD STU SAY LAST WEEK ON THE LAKERS PRE GAME SHOW ON THE RADIO THAT THEY MAY NOT BE BACK AT ALL NEXT YEAR, SOMETHING ABOUT THE LAKERS TRYING TO GET THEIR OWN STATION, AC ALLER CALLED IN UPSET BUT STU SAID HE'S NOT SURE WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO BUT THAT WE COULD WRITE TO THE STATIONS
LOVE AS IF TODAY IS YOUR LAST DAY!
MONIE32373

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 2:40 pm

MAN THAT WOULD SUCK [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. I wish I could listen to the radio audio and watch the TNT video...but I live in NY. I have to sit through the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] broadcasters!
Snakell Beast

Postby BDG on Wed May 07, 2003 2:58 pm

i hate the damn broadcasters on tnt, espn and abc, except for kevin harlan and marv albert. the other guys walton, tolbert etc., should just shut the hell up and let us watch the game. sure bill walton is funny at times but he needs to know his role and shut his mouth. plus, these commentators always try to make some controversial remark about refereeing. just shut up and let us watch a damn game.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 07, 2003 3:02 pm

Actually, I love Walton and Tolbert. Walton always tries to talk about the past or something, and Tolbert just disses him all the time, it's comedy.

But no Lakers announcing by Stu & Sunderland? I thought they were great together, that would really suck.

Ahh how I miss Chicky baby :man6:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Wed May 07, 2003 3:33 pm

Yeah I think Bill Walton CAN BE funny sometimes but I hate how all sports are trying to capitalize on this 'everyone loves contraversy" thing and refuse to give in and let it die...like reality TV!
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 07, 2003 6:53 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:i hate the damn broadcasters on tnt, espn and abc, except for kevin harlan and marv albert. the other guys walton, tolbert etc., should just shut the hell up and let us watch the game. sure bill walton is funny at times but he needs to know his role and shut his mouth. plus, these commentators always try to make some controversial remark about refereeing. just shut up and let us watch a damn game.

Thank you!! But the reason why we like Albert and Harlan is cuz they do the play by play and they dont voice their opinions! They don't show favoritism and they show the same support for all the players and teams... But Tolbert and Walton are I guess the commentators, and they show a lot of favoritism for the winning team, or why they are supposedly winning! Plus I hate Ainge! He's the official Kobe hata of commentating!! It's sick!! :man2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby clublakers on Fri May 09, 2003 6:53 am

Just to clarify, as mentioned in the first post, only TNT has exclusivity, but ESPN will take the big games in the later rounds, for instance games 5-7 in the second round.

When ESPN broadcasts the game, so will Fox or Ch9, so there will be more Stu and Sundy to come.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Return to Lakers Discussion