MWP To Be Bought Out; His Bro Disses Knicks & Praises Lakers

Re: MWP To Be Bought Out; His Bro Disses Knicks & Praises Lakers

Postby TSpence26 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:42 pm

remember the tweet when he kept going off about "kobe... NOT CLUTCH!"
TSpence26

Postby 432J on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:43 pm

khmrP wrote:whats with the recent let bring back "horrible" players back sentiment lately? One of the few I dont ever want to see back, I'd welcome LO/Blake back before this bum.

seriously?

ron was pretty much the only bright spot on the team for much of last season. dude brings it 110% each night. i'd only want lamar back for nostalgic reasons but i'd take ron first any day
432J

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:17 am

432J wrote:
khmrP wrote:whats with the recent let bring back "horrible" players back sentiment lately? One of the few I dont ever want to see back, I'd welcome LO/Blake back before this bum.

seriously?

ron was pretty much the only bright spot on the team for much of last season. dude brings it 110% each night. i'd only want lamar back for nostalgic reasons but i'd take ron first any day

yes really, some bright spot, dude shot an amazing 40% from the field and couldn't guard a chair. Whats shocking is the fact anybody would still want to bring any these guys back at all, LO issue is in his head. MWP knee is still tore up from last season. In fact lets also bring back Clark, Duhon, etc. while we're at it.
khmrP

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:11 am

While I agree that Ron brought his 110% every game and I respect that, I've also got to agree with khmrP on this one.

Ron's attitude was great and he was a great guy. I'm happy he was a Laker, I thank him for what he gave us, and I'll think never in my life I'll enjoy a press conference as much as I enjoyed his post-game 7 press conference.

That said, he was beyond horrible in his last year. He had his strength, but was incredibly slow, so he was really only effective as a defender in the post (when his rival wasn't 10cm taller).

On offense it was just sad. It wasn't just a bad FG%, its the fact that opponents were directly ignoring Ron on offense, they just let him free unless he had the ball. He not only didn't execute, but that was a serious burden for the other players, specially Kobe, who had to deal with Ron's defender also.

Also, he thought he could do a lot more than he could, so he could really ruin the offense... His dribbling REALLY bad, and him trying to lead a fastbreak was like a horror movie (I don't know how I'm alive after watching so much Ron, Morris and Meeks fastbreak... well, at least the last one has improved A LOT this year on that regard).

So no, Ron's a great guy, but I definitely don't want him on the team.

Maybe one day we'll be like "we should bring Robert Sacre back"... I wouldn't really be surprised.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:20 am

I never said I wanted him back necessarily, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. And I'd certainly want him back before Lamar and Blake.

If he came back next season in a year when we're not likely to be great, then whatever.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:56 am

therealdeal wrote:I never said I wanted him back necessarily, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. And I'd certainly want him back before Lamar and Blake.

If he came back next season in a year when we're not likely to be great, then whatever.

Odom has a faulty brain, MWP has faulty knees.....lets see what Odom does in Spain.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I never said I wanted him back necessarily, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. And I'd certainly want him back before Lamar and Blake.

Odom has a faulty brain, MWP has faulty knees.....lets see what Odom does in Spain.

He's also got a faulty body. He was pretty fat in his year with the Clippers.

I'm all about second chances, but I don't want a guy on our team with his problems. We've got enough problems right now as it is.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:12 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

I'm all about second chances, but I don't want a guy on our team with his problems. We've got enough problems right now as it is.

Odom has problems but its problems he created for himself, we all know mentality he was a disaster after we traded him and compounded with all those death in his life. We also seen what he's capable of at his peak and motivated, MWP and Odom are of similar age but Odom problems are solvable with proper surroundings, MWP knees are shot, they were shot last season and they still are this year even with his limited minutes. I'm not for bringing back Odom this season as are some who want MWP back for whatever weird reason. Just saying, Odom if in proper mind set would/could still be an asset to us next season depending on his tenure in Spain, MWP best days are behind him regardless of his situation with those knees.
khmrP

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:15 am

Me, too. Of the three the only one I would really be happy to see back would be Ron. Just because I'm a fan of his and if he came back super cheap, I wouldn't be opposed at all. I've seen enough of Blake. I dig LO, but he's got a lot of issues right now.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Odom has problems but its problems he created for himself, we all know mentality he was a disaster after we traded him and compounded with all those death in his life. We also seen what he's capable of at his peak and motivated, MWP and Odom are of similar age but Odom problems are solvable with proper surroundings, MWP knees are shot, they were shot last season and they still are this year even with his limited minutes. I'm not for bringing back Odom this season as are some who want MWP back for whatever weird reason. Just saying, Odom if in proper mind set would/could still be an asset to us next season depending on his tenure in Spain, MWP best days are behind him regardless of his situation with those knees.

Odom's best days are behind him too. The team doesn't really benefit from being either back honestly.

But I think most people love watching Ron's fire and the way he brought it every game. Sure he made a ton of mistakes, but he also worked extremely hard and was a very clutch player.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:47 pm

Thing is, I really think we shouldn't bring back any of the three. I don't think any of the three guys (Blake, Odom and Ron) would really help this team. I'd rather use that slot on a young player with some potential, who, if we're lucky, might turn into a decent role player (players like Bazemore, Brooks, Harris or Henry).

While I do appreciate Blake, I don't think resigning him would be going in the right direction, and about the Odom vs Ron... I don't care who'd be a worse choice, as I think they're both a horrible choice (and again, I do love both for what they gave us).

I think this is almost like the T-Mac talk back in the day, when a lot of people wanted T-Mac when he was clearly done. We were not going to get a 2003 T-Mac, and now, we're not going to get a 2010 Artest or Odom.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion