MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: Metta World Peace Discussion (p.141: Metta Starring in Film)

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:30 am

Metta World Peace ‏@MettaWorldPeace
what was the best flop tonight? out of the three?i am so happy the nba charges $5000 per flop......

the two gerad wallace flops were crazy..lol i am on the court like"what in the world"!!! it is crazy because i am still strong but quicker

i was so nervous when gerald wallace flopped twiced.lol i thought the ref ws going to call a foul on me.. Nick Batum got me in portland

i can see overseas players flopping but not american players.. they made the rule for the overseas players.. but now its out of hand.....

LOL, MWP calling out guys. Love it.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Legendary on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 am

^
He's right. Wallace should be ashamed of himself. NBA better fine him for BOTH flops. Ridiculous.
Legendary

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:33 am

HAHA gotta love that from MWP.

Forgot about those Gerald Wallace flops because Reggie Evans' flops were so awful.

Both guys should get fined. Period.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:42 am

wait.... when did the Gerald Wallace flops occur??? I definitely remember the Evan's flop but not the other ones
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:06 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:wait.... when did the Gerald Wallace flops occur??? I definitely remember the Evan's flop but not the other ones
3rd quarter I believe. Right before Artest missed an open three (following a second consecutive Wallace flop) from the top left corner of the arc.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby borri on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:32 am

Dantoni at the presser said he want's MWP to shoot 10 threes a game because he's gonna get them, and make 4 of them easy.

In fantasy basketball land.....MWP's stock is going through the roof right about now.
borri

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:36 am

In case anyone missed the flop. Or has Dish.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 am

Nothing I hate more than somebody that disrespects the game like that. 6'8 250 flopping on the slightest contact. I wish this was the 80s-90s and someone could just level that POS and get a simple foul call for it.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:49 am

Doc Brown wrote:Nothing I hate more than somebody that disrespects the game like that. 6'8 250 flopping on the slightest contact. I wish this was the 80s-90s and someone could just level that POS and get a simple foul call for it.

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
For his second flopping offense, the NBA has fined Brooklyn's Reggie Evans $5,000, league source tells Y! Sports.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Ohh what a fine. That will stop him.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:24 pm

so dumb. kobe bets more than that on a free throw. $5k is nothing to an nba player....
Ariza3

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Hmmm......Clippers last year a bunch of ridiculous floppers with their ringleader CP3. Reggie Evans a Clipper last year. Old habits hard to change and maybe he didn't think Darth was serious. For someone who likes to grab them, he has no balls :man10: (love that quote from Kobe last year)
LTLakerFan

Postby XXIV on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:32 pm

Ariza3 wrote:so dumb. kobe bets more than that on a free throw. $5k is nothing to an nba player....

You can't really compare him to Kobe, I mean he's only making $1.2 million a year compared to Kobe's near $30 million salary. Let's say after taxes he has about half, these flops could begin to add up.
XXIV

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:04 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:For someone who likes to grab them, he has no balls :man10: (love that quote from Kobe last year)
What's this quote? Did I miss him say this last year?

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Ariza3 wrote:so dumb. kobe bets more than that on a free throw. $5k is nothing to an nba player....

I don't know you kind of have to put it into context. Evans makes about 1.7 mil this year so for an average joe making 40k a year lets say, that's like having to pay a $113 fine. Would you be happy about having to pay that? Probably won't kill you but it would suck.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:27 pm

well when they get fined $25,000 for removing their jersey, $5,000 for flopping seems kinda low. I mean flopping can change an entire games outcome while removing a jersey (like Bynum did) is just out of frustration anger etc and has no affect on the outcome of the game.
Ariza3

Postby NewDynasty on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:30 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
For his second flopping offense, the NBA has fined Brooklyn's Reggie Evans $5,000, league source tells Y! Sports.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Ohh what a fine. That will stop him.

well if he flops 3 more times it will cost him 35k. That should hurt his pocketbook quiet a bit. ITs not like the guy makes Kobe money.
NewDynasty

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:56 pm

BDG wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:For someone who likes to grab them, he has no balls :man10: (love that quote from Kobe last year)
What's this quote? Did I miss him say this last year?

Contained in this link's article:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... ng-charges

Bryant, who made it clear, "I don't flop," echoed Stern's remarks.

"There's a difference [between taking a charge and flopping]. We all know what flopping is when we see it," Bryant said. "The stuff that you see is where guys aren't really getting hit at all and are just flailing around like a fish out of water. That's kind of like, where are your balls at?"

:man10: :man10: :bow: :bow:
LTLakerFan

Postby Weezy on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:55 pm

Yikes, Metta kinda just called Kobe out, said he played well, but that everyone needs to be involved in the offense so the Queens have to use all their players on D and tire out. Can't say he's wrong, but Dwight and Pau weren't exactly fighting to get shots, the ball was a hot potato in their hands.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kblo247 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Ron deserves Pau checks this year as he's been out third best player and it airs close between them
kblo247

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Weezy wrote:Yikes, Metta kinda just called Kobe out, said he played well, but that everyone needs to be involved in the offense so the Queens have to use all their players on D and tire out. Can't say he's wrong, but Dwight and Pau weren't exactly fighting to get shots, the ball was a hot potato in their hands.

drama-mine in the sleeptrain arena.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby lotus on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Metta is in better shape than anybody on the team. Gotta respect his hustle.

Tru Warrior has returned! :jam2:
lotus

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:40 am

Meh. He's been playing well the last two games. I'm surprised, actually. I was one for trading or amnestying him. Hopefully, he keeps it up...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby XXIV on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:06 am

He's been one of the more consistent players on the team, hopefully this continues and his numbers improve when Nash returns.
XXIV

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Ariza3 wrote:well when they get fined $25,000 for removing their jersey, $5,000 for flopping seems kinda low. I mean flopping can change an entire games outcome while removing a jersey (like Bynum did) is just out of frustration anger etc and has no affect on the outcome of the game.

That's a good point. I think Kobe once got a $100.000 fine for saying something offensive to a referee, can't remember what it was but it wasn't that long ago.. Not saying it should be that much, but it could certainly be higher than 5k.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion