MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: 12k pts, 4k rbs, 1.5k stls, 1k threes!!!

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:42 pm

21 mins tonight. IDK why....i mean everyone came out with NO energy and effort on D...but he and dwight are our teams defensive backbone and i really thought that, as well as meeks was playing, he should have been in and maybe gotten the defense going. He was also shooting VERY well and made some timely baskets for us. He should have been out there getting some steals and strips and helping on D when Kanter or Milsap were killing us.

Could have ignited this team or something like he always does with a single play.

Wish we could have seen a Meeks/Kobe/MWP/Hill/Dwight lineup while Duhon was resting just to see what could happen. When youre a coach and youre team has NO energy on D for the entire game why not try something to get them going together. idk just wondering why he played so little when defense was the problem not O
Ariza3

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Dude needs to stop being distracted by his music career. He dropped a new single today so that may be the reason he didn't really bring the energy last game. Mind just wasn't there.

Side Note: Represented (his new single) isn't half bad.
Ariza3

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:44 am

Ron is a streaky shooter; his jumper is on/off. He's not as quick laterally anymore so you can blow by him. Ron's advantage is his quick hands and using his strength to body up and wear down the SF's he guards. I hope he has a big trip. We need him...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 am

His confidence that he had early in the season seems to be shaken... I don't know what happened...

It doesn't look like he's having any fun out there at all right now. I'm guessing he's wondering why he's not a bigger part of the offense with both Nash AND Gasol out.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:09 pm

therealdeal wrote:His confidence that he had early in the season seems to be shaken... I don't know what happened...

It doesn't look like he's having any fun out there at all right now. I'm guessing he's wondering why he's not a bigger part of the offense with both Nash AND Gasol out.

It's not just him from what I see, almost nobody out there looks to be having fun. Kobe and Dwight to my eyes don't seem to love eachother, always pointing fingers when a layup is given up, Dwight always shaking his head in frustration. I just don't see a lot of chemistry all around on this team.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Weezy wrote:
therealdeal wrote:His confidence that he had early in the season seems to be shaken... I don't know what happened...

It's not just him from what I see, almost nobody out there looks to be having fun. Kobe and Dwight to my eyes don't seem to love eachother, always pointing fingers when a layup is given up, Dwight always shaking his head in frustration. I just don't see a lot of chemistry all around on this team.

Agreed. I don't think there's necessarily a lack of love, but just a palpable frustration. Why isn't this working? Well here's why! No this is why!

They've all got to have one of those fluffy sit downs and get all the crap out at once. That way we can get back to focused basketball. Kobe needs to take some f***ing responsibility and Dwight needs to play with more anger. More aggression. We all saw what he could do against Denver. Do it every f***ing night. Too much [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] around.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:54 pm

:man10:

I said "kitten"footing around... Just so everyone knows.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:05 pm

therealdeal wrote::man10:

I said "kitten"footing around... Just so everyone knows.

:man10: That is one of those times where had you bypassed the swear filter on purpose so your word showed up, it would have been fine, as that term is not a swear any more than "p*ssycat" is.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Yeah I was a little surprised that came up...

But I guess if you think about it, it's a pretty strange word anyway. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:03 pm

MWP not happy in his post-game interview with John Ireland, kinda implied he asked a dumb question.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Weezy wrote:MWP not happy in his post-game interview with John Ireland, kinda implied he asked a dumb question.

Makes sense though, these guys are getting frustrated having to answer the same questions from a ton of media members after every loss. The answer? Stop losing games and the media can't ask as many stupid questions.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Weezy wrote:MWP not happy in his post-game interview with John Ireland, kinda implied he asked a dumb question.

things are getting chippy. maybe they'll finally start playing like they're worth a damn.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Outside of the 3rd Q he didnt play lick of defense tonight. Hes out of control with his dribble ugh

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Legendary on Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:40 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:

Makes sense though, these guys are getting frustrated having to answer the same questions from a ton of media members after every loss. The answer? Stop losing games and the media can't ask as many stupid questions.

John Ireland?

I'm already tired of his post-game interviews. If he's not kissing major a**, he's trying too hard to get his version of what the answer SHOULD be with a dumb question...

"So, do you think going on the road will help this team bond and get on the right track?"

...After we just came off a road trip in which we went 1-2. :bang:
Legendary

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 pm

I miss Barnes. He was a perfect backup to MWP. Despite his playoff injuries which sucked but you cant blame him for bad luck, he brought energy and effort on both ends everynight. Hes playing very well for the Clips and idk why we didnt resign him. I gave Ebanks a chance but hes sucking it up big time and Barnes should have been resigned instead
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Ariza3 wrote:I miss Barnes......... Despite his playoff injuries

I don't miss him because of his playoff injuries.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:10 pm

MWP needs to be relegated to the bench. I've been saying it for awhile now. If we do move Pau, we need a starting NBA SF. Only if Danny Granger was healthy...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Legendary wrote:
LakerFan1235 wrote:

John Ireland?

I'm already tired of his post-game interviews. If he's not kissing major a**, he's trying too hard to get his version of what the answer SHOULD be with a dumb question...

"So, do you think going on the road will help this team bond and get on the right track?"

...After we just came off a road trip in which we went 1-2. :bang:

yea his leading questions can be a bit annoying sometimes. like the whole "are you embarrassed/discouraged/______? because i'm not"
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:31 pm

The Rock wrote:Outside of the 3rd Q he didnt play lick of defense tonight. Hes out of control with his dribble ugh

couldn't agree more, gets blown by with EASE
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:19 am

anybody noticed his Defense has gotten pretty bad since he got lit up by Durant last week. Not sure what happened
Also hes making a good amount of his shots but hes turning the ball over, not playing defense or passing the ball....last 5 games, 9 turnovers 1 assist total

I think the minutes have caught up to him, hes playing 35 min/gm right now, we dont have a backup for him so we're using him and Kobe for a lot of mins at the 3 spot. Both now are conserving their energy on D for offense. CJ Miles and Alonzo Gee just lit us up from the 3 point line yesterday coming off screens

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby karacha on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:34 am

^
Durant "shattered his swag."
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:50 am

Ariza3

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:51 am

Maybe since his single just got released he'll get his mind back in basketball. Now that he's healthy and in better shape i hope he brings the fire and intensity all game vs the Knicks and when hes guarding Melo. He wont stop him but he can sure bother him and play tough defense and that could spark the rest of the team.

This game was just unreal D from Metta. He was locked in, engaged, and had that fire in his eyes we all love to see on D form him. He wont defend like this but if he brings the same effort and intensity and engagement into his D on Melo i can be happy

Ariza3

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am

Its like watching a lion scaring off a hyena.

Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:29 am

Tonight will be an interesting test for this Laker team. Metta has the biggest challenge of course, stopping one of the hottest players in the league. But he loves challenges like this, and I think tonight we'll see him get his intensity back.

I haven't seen him really pumped up since before the OKC game. It's been strange.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion