MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: greets cops in cookie monster PJs (p181)

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:25 pm

The Rock wrote:Image

looks like they're singing a song. bohemian rhapsody perhaps
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby KB24 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Metta might be able to defend Boozer or another undersized 4 but he blows against wing players on defense.
He doesn't have the speed anymore and Boozer has really always sucked against the Lakers, regardless of who is defending him.

He needs to go in the off-season.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby WilliamHaven on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:35 pm

yes, he is sucking on offense....way too many shots.

But with Pau out, his defense of opposing PFs has been invaluable. We'd be worse without him right now, and right now that's all that matters.
Move along ho, Super Lakers don't hang out with no skanks.
WilliamHaven

Postby last stand on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:41 pm

KB24 wrote:Metta might be able to defend Boozer or another undersized 4 but he blows against wing players on defense.
He doesn't have the speed anymore and Boozer has really always sucked against the Lakers, regardless of who is defending him.

He needs to go in the off-season.

agreed, thought he did a decent job against rudy gay. decent. one of his better games against an athletic wing. he's still a better defender than anyone available right now but in the offseason i do believe pau needs to bring us a 2 way SF and some actual bench players.

assuming we resign clark and jamison with a returning hill we won't have THAT many holes so conceivably we could use pau to get some solid wing players in here, hopefully young wing players
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:51 pm

Awful offense. Clanked 3 after 3 after airballed 3. It looked like he found a little rhythm in the latter part of the 4th with a couple mid range Js and a lay-in. I'm praying that's enough to get him rolling and break him out of his mini slump.

On D, he was superb. Held Booz to 4-16 shooting. He had 14 & 6 in our other meeting, shooting 41%. Shooting 44% in the month of March. In contrast when Clark was on Boozer, CB tossed him aside like a ragdoll. Believe it or not, MWP had as many blocks as Dwight today -- 4.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Metta's an idiot. I can't believe he is a starting SF in this league. He's just flat-out awful. He's so horrible offensively it offsets anything he does positive defensively. We have no choice right now, though, & that's just sad.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:20 pm

His defense is needed. If his minutes were limited to about 24 and his shots to about 4 to 6, that would be great. He could play within himself, understand his role, and have stamina to help us close out games with a lead.

But he thinks he is still a 20-point per game guy, and that is on MDA. He likes to empower shooters and give them confidence. Ron is not someone who should be free to fire, he needs to be reigned in.

Figures, the Jazz released Bell after the playoff deadline. He would have been nice for us to space the floor and add a little perimeter D for 10 minutes a game.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Doc Brown wrote:MWP offense.......F-

MWP defense........A+

^^ This. He's shooting like absolute crap, but he's getting the job done hugely on D right now. Have to live with those horrible off balance, early shot clock threes that are so fugly at the moment unfortunately.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:12 pm

I hate watching him offensively. He might as well not be there on that end of the floor.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:23 pm

MWP can't hit that outside shot but I don't mind most of the ones he takes. They are open (some would say for a reason.lol) Any case, getting these bricks out now may turn out to be great in the playoffs. His D in the second half of a game has been amazing. Defense wins Championships yo
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby MaddDogg on Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:56 pm

The problem with MWP is that teams are leaving him wide open which means they are helping play D on somebody else.

Fans at staples are going to start yelling "NOOOOOOOOO" everytime metta gets the ball.
MaddDogg

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Mark Medina of the LA Daily News wrote:When the gasps heighten at Staples Center, that means one thing.

Metta World Peace has just attempted a 3-pointer.

Those anxieties diminished at parts this season because of World Peace’s surprisingly improved accuracy. But not in the Lakers’ 90-81 victory Sunday over the Chicago Bulls where World Peace missed all of his six 3-point attempt, including an airball.

Still, World Peace played a large part in holding forward Carlos Boozer to 12 points on 4 of 16 shooting and forcing three turnovers.

“He was a little worried about it,” Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said about World Peace’s outside shooting. “But he was so valuable with his work down inside with Boozer.”

World Peace sounded surprised he provided that job description even though he’s often been considered one of the league’s top defenders. With Pau Gasol out of the lineup for the past four weeks because of a torn plantar fascia in his right foot, World Peace has defended power forwards while also having a large offensive role.

Even though he said he felt fatigued, World Peace said he leaned on his physical 6’7”, 260-pound frame to offset the difference.

“He was putting so much pressure on me,” World Peace said of Boozer. “I may as well have given up on that game. I didn’t have it. It was all mental. Just go and be mentally tough.”

World Peace compensated for his poor outside shooting by scoring 12 points on 6 of 10 shooting inside the perimeter. After missing his six 3-point attempts, World Peace took a step in on his attempts.

“Nobody has ever made all their shots,” World Peace said. “Knowing that, I feel pretty comfortable taking the next shot. But you still want to do what’s best for the team.”

World Peace had issues beyond his poor marksmanship.

Kobe Bryant jawed at him after committing an offensive foul on Luol Deng late in the first half, prompting Steve Nash to intervene.

“That’s not necessary with me and Kobe,” World Peace said. “We have that relationship where we’re honest.”
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:15 pm

Kobe Bryant jawed at him after committing an offensive foul on Luol Deng late in the first half, prompting Steve Nash to intervene.

“That’s not necessary with me and Kobe,” World Peace said. “We have that relationship where we’re honest.”

I didn't see that. Surprising. No one calls Metta on his s***ty play here, that's why he gets away with so much offensively. That and his stellar defense, but still. His decision making in general leaves a lot to be desired.

I'll give him credit for adjusting in late and taking that step inside the line on his shots. I noticed he shot those much better.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:32 pm

I called this 2 months ago hes way outta control. I understand to keep the defense honest he needs to take open shots but not when theres a lot of time on the clock and his shot is not falling. THeres no need to jack up early shots. I thought his decision making would get better as he gets older but its getting worse

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:41 pm

JSM wrote:
Mark Medina of the LA Daily News wrote:When the gasps heighten at Staples Center, that means one thing.

Metta World Peace has just attempted a 3-pointer.

Those anxieties diminished at parts this season because of World Peace’s surprisingly improved accuracy. But not in the Lakers’ 90-81 victory Sunday over the Chicago Bulls where World Peace missed all of his six 3-point attempt, including an airball.

Still, World Peace played a large part in holding forward Carlos Boozer to 12 points on 4 of 16 shooting and forcing three turnovers.

“He was a little worried about it,” Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni said about World Peace’s outside shooting. “But he was so valuable with his work down inside with Boozer.”

World Peace sounded surprised he provided that job description even though he’s often been considered one of the league’s top defenders. With Pau Gasol out of the lineup for the past four weeks because of a torn plantar fascia in his right foot, World Peace has defended power forwards while also having a large offensive role.

Even though he said he felt fatigued, World Peace said he leaned on his physical 6’7”, 260-pound frame to offset the difference.

“He was putting so much pressure on me,” World Peace said of Boozer. “I may as well have given up on that game. I didn’t have it. It was all mental. Just go and be mentally tough.”

World Peace compensated for his poor outside shooting by scoring 12 points on 6 of 10 shooting inside the perimeter. After missing his six 3-point attempts, World Peace took a step in on his attempts.

“Nobody has ever made all their shots,” World Peace said. “Knowing that, I feel pretty comfortable taking the next shot. But you still want to do what’s best for the team.”

"The last game in New York, all he had to do is play offense," World Peace said. "[Tuesday] he had to play offense and defense. It's hard to play offense and defense. Anybody that plays basketball knows it's not easy to do that." This was a Metta World Peace Quote on December 25 post game during the Knicks game describing how he wanted to make Carmelo work on both ends of the court.

I agreed with Metta when he said that, and I've been thinking about that quote recently regarding his sputtering offensive play in recent weeks. He's not the best decision-maker, he's a streaky shooter, and can be very frustrating at times. Nevertheless, I do believe there is some merit to Metta playing a lot at the PF position guarding bigger, stronger individuals, and I believe that's effecting his game offensively. He's exerting so much energy on that end night in & night out, IMO. I'm not a Metta apologist. I've criticized him and will continue to when warranted. I'm just trying to be fair given the circumstances.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:52 pm

i thought other than the 3 point shooting he had a good game. d on boozer was strong and annoying for boozer. and his screens for kobe were strong and he rolled and finished around the rim well. mid range was on point too. hope he keeps that up with the cutting and rolling to the rim bc no one thinks he will and makes the d have to respect him more.
Ariza3

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:03 pm

I thought for sure Ron was gonna lose it and punch Kobe.
D.B. Cooper

Postby khmrP on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:10 pm

just step in for a shorter mid-range shot its not that hard....teams are giving him so much space on his 3's that he could step in on them most of the time. He did a few times and actually did the closer shot but he's just getting caught up in the moment and chucks away.
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:09 am

Ariza3

Postby gcclaker on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:19 pm

therealdeal wrote:I hate watching him offensively. He might as well not be there on that end of the floor.

The defender covering World Peace is on "help" mode daring 24 or Nash to give it up to him. It is not a surprise how he had all those "open" looks.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:22 pm

khmrP wrote:just step in for a shorter mid-range shot its not that hard....teams are giving him so much space on his 3's that he could step in on them most of the time. He did a few times and actually did the closer shot but he's just getting caught up in the moment and chucks away.

He did that in the second half and hit like three shots if I recall correctly. World Peace is NOT a catch and shoot scorer. He's better straightaway or at the elbows. Corner shots? Not so much.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 pm

This guy is the biggest momentum killer on the team. Garbage shot selection, and low IQ plays. I can't wait till his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] is amnestied.
Frank Dux

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:23 pm

^Actually, at least MWP his hitting his shots today. He's had a decent 1st half...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:29 pm

^Fools gold. Hits a shot here and there, but his lack of athleticism and bonehead plays continue to hold this team back.
Frank Dux

Postby last stand on Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 pm

buzz killington should be ron's nickname
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba