MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: Metta World Peace Discussion (p.141: Metta Starring in Film)

Postby karacha on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Morris/MWP/Jamison/Hill/Dwight is absolutely awful. Jamison is too slow at the 3 to do anything serious, and no one there can spread the floor for Dwight. With Pau, it might be a little better, but not by much.

It's not like Duhon/Meeks/Ebanks/Jamison/Dwight would be any better, right coach?

As I said in another thread -- Meeks is going to bail for sure. It's sad really, the kid can play.

In Brown's version, you have a non-playmaking guard who can't really shoot, a capable but slow defender who is an inconsistent shooter, an old 4 playing the 3 (a most athletic position where people will just blow by him) where he lacks athleticism to score efficiently, a hustle 4 who can't score and a center (Dwight) who needs someone to create for him (but no one there can) or another center (Pau) who will be turned into a playmaker for -- wait for it! -- Jordan Hill.

:bang:

And why is this done? Because Brown has noticed that this group managed to extend the lead by 3 (!) points.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:10 pm

/\ against the worst team in the league nonetheless.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby gill on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:10 pm

So... more ball handling from MWP, cuz let's face it... Morris won't do any better. :bang:
gill

Postby Legendary on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Is this a joke?

Ron at the 2? Maybe it will work if he never has to dribble the ball, pass the ball, or make a make a layup with the ball...

I guess we'll see how this all pans out. :wow:
Legendary

Postby XXIV on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 pm

MWP can't play the two well, he needs to be strictly a SF or a PF when the other team goes small.
XXIV

Postby GNC on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:35 pm

This must be a sick joke :splat:
GNC

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Morris and MWP as the back court is hilarious...ball movement will come to a stand still and dribbling like you're drilling for oil will be the norm. You can get away with it, with Gasol in that 2nd unit, but if you put Dwight in, he will go ape ish for not getting enough touches cause that backcourt will have a hard time passing into the post.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lotus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:47 pm

Just like last year, this rotation uncertainty is the main concern coming out of his mouth. Do other coaches really have this much confusion?

This guy Brown is like a kid who has too many toys to play with. He can't make up his f'ing mind. It's just disgusting.

Another wasted year coming up.
lotus

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:50 pm

lotus wrote:Just like last year, this rotation uncertainty is the main concern coming out of his mouth. Do other coaches really have this much confusion?

This guy Brown is like a kid who has too many toys to play with. He can't make up his f'ing mind. It's just disgusting.

Another wasted year coming up.

what's more, he likes choosing the really bad ones to play with. like a cat choosing a box over a toy.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby karacha on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 pm

They will have a hard time just trying not to get stripped while dribbling.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:01 pm

where did this guys learn to thrown a pass into the post? he should get a refund from whoever taught him
Pig Miller

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm

this guy is garbage. he lost weight and he's cut...but that didn't translate into anything good on the court.

the preseason was a huge tease. bumbling buffoon.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:42 pm

There's tunnel vision and then there's MWP vision.....

Once he starts dribbling, he's not passing it to anybody.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:43 pm

he became a straight up idiot once the regular season started. he was actually decent during the preseason.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:01 am

He's a huge liability .... the thing I don't get is why he's allowed to be featured in the offense like he is a third option ? ... remind me of Shannon having the green light to jack up shot after shot two seasons ago ..

This team would be so much better with a Battier type of player at the 3
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:He's a huge liability .... the thing I don't get is why he's allowed to be featured in the offense like he is a third option ? ... remind me of Shannon having the green light to jack up shot after shot two seasons ago ..

This team would be so much better with a Battier type of player at the 3

Definitely.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 am

Metta is a weird dude.

I think a lot of what he does on a basketball court is based on respect. It's clear he has no respect for his coach and that's leading to a lack of respect to the team. Inadvertently of course. The man put in work this off-season, but the fire isn't there. He doesn't look anything like the Metta he did at the end of last season, he looks more like a guy out there just messing around.

It all starts and ends with respect. We know he respects Kobe. I think he and Dwight probably aren't going to be super close because they're two competitive guys and Metta doesn't like thinking he's not the best defender on the team. But Metta is a good teammate and I think if he had a coach that was more authoritative he'd perform better.

Bottom line is: Metta is better than Battier. He's not as deadly outside but he's a better defender and rebounder and Metta is a better offensive player (when he's under control of course). We just need to get him working on the same page and the same level as the rest of the team instead of trying to do too much.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:32 am

therealdeal wrote:Metta is a weird dude.

I think a lot of what he does on a basketball court is based on respect. It's clear he has no respect for his coach and that's leading to a lack of respect to the team. Inadvertently of course. The man put in work this off-season, but the fire isn't there. He doesn't look anything like the Metta he did at the end of last season, he looks more like a guy out there just messing around.

It all starts and ends with respect. We know he respects Kobe. I think he and Dwight probably aren't going to be super close because they're two competitive guys and Metta doesn't like thinking he's not the best defender on the team. But Metta is a good teammate and I think if he had a coach that was more authoritative he'd perform better.

Bottom line is: Metta is better than Battier. He's not as deadly outside but he's a better defender and rebounder and Metta is a better offensive player (when he's under control of course). We just need to get him working on the same page and the same level as the rest of the team instead of trying to do too much.

^^ Great post realdeal. I totally agree. Although, man, I do wish we had a Battier type player off our bench!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 am

Well Battier type guys are always great to have on the team. A good locker room guy and a solid player. He's a little dirty, but some would call it veteran savvy.

I think he's as much a reason for Miami's Championship as anything else.

He'd obviously make us a much better team.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 am

therealdeal wrote:Metta is a weird dude.

Good post. I don't mean Battier is a better player than MWP, I think he's a better fit for the team. He provides better floor spacing, and doesn't have the ball much or make mistakes like MWP does when he tries to create.. Defensively I don't know if MWP is better. He's stronger, and his hands are insanely quick, but Battier's IQ is through the roof. His help D is great, either contesting shots or drawing charges. He's always a very effective 1 on 1 defender, always gets a hand on shooters faces. His preparation is always remarcable, knowing the other teams' plays and players, their tendencies, and even most of their plays.
Right now, as a fit to the team, I'd take Battier over MWP.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:37 am

As moot as it is...Hill would have filled the Battier role perfectly BUT something swayed him from signing with the Lakers. Nash and Bryant's sales pitches weren't enough.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am

he doesn't even look like he knows what the play is or what to do, he just doing his own thing and or still standing around the 3pt line, also pretty pathetic to get swatted by Foye and Hayward mutliple times :disagree:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 am

Finwë wrote:Good post. I don't mean Battier is a better player than MWP, I think he's a better fit for the team. He provides better floor spacing, and doesn't have the ball much or make mistakes like MWP does when he tries to create.. Defensively I don't know if MWP is better. He's stronger, and his hands are insanely quick, but Battier's IQ is through the roof. His help D is great, either contesting shots or drawing charges. He's always a very effective 1 on 1 defender, always gets a hand on shooters faces. His preparation is always remarcable, knowing the other teams' plays and players, their tendencies, and even most of their plays.
Right now, as a fit to the team, I'd take Battier over MWP.

I disagree just because I think at their best, Metta will do far more for this team. He's a better passer and his ability is there in the clutch. He usually comes up with big shots or big steals down the stretch of games when it's needed.

I mean, honestly you couldn't go wrong if you picked Battier, I just think that Metta is a good fit here in the right situation. Bring Nash back, bring in a good coach, and Metta will be better for this team than Battier ever would.

If you wanted to insert Battier off the bench, I mean damn. That'd be beautiful.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 pm

New rule, MWP can't cross half court on offense or dribble the ball. It would work best for everyone.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:20 pm

Well... at least he still plays hard on D... I guess. Seriously though, MWP for a 2nd round pick, any takers?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion