MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: 12k pts, 4k rbs, 1.5k stls, 1k threes!!!

Postby khmrP on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 pm

dont mind him chucking 3's but not the type like tonight, just quick shots, not set, pretty much just chucking it whenever he feels like it but props for the D.
khmrP

Postby Forward Three on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:51 pm

He's having a great year all around, he's fun to watch, consistently seems to give a damn, doesn't make the types of boneheaded head-scratcher plays he was making last season, has become(returned to being?) a three point threat and maybe his defense isn't super elite anymore it's still good enough to where he'll give you timely steals, and/or make the opposition think.
Forward Three

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 am

Shot TERRIBLE but it was his D and energy that makes him valuable. He had a big shot on that fader late in the game but if he shoots more consistently then i feel he'll be a huge help for us.

Im not too sure about starting him off the bench though...im all for him playing at the 4 but that can come later in the game. thats up to mike to manage rotations. Pau and Metta can be the 4 and 5 in a rotation without benching metta to start.

Also he can find room for Jamison too as we'll need his O off the bench. He was already losing confidence and this game may have shut him down. Ebanks didnt do much at the 3 today so id say play Jamison for 10 mins a game and you'd get more than ebanks
Ariza3

Postby charvin on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:08 am

Good defense and all, but still didn't like him going iso and getting blocked by Mullens.
charvin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:12 am

He was really one of the huge reasons we won this game. Having him come off the bench will be interesting... Someone (Roos?) pointed out in another thread that this will put pressure on Kobe to defend the opposition's best perimeter player. That's true, but it also holds him accountable on that end and FORCES him to defend better.

Not to mention, if Artest embraces this then we're going to have a serious sparkplug off the bench. Not to mention he can still close games out.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:14 am

therealdeal wrote: Someone (Roos?) pointed out in another thread that this will put pressure on Kobe to defend the opposition's best perimeter player. That's true, but it also holds him accountable on that end and FORCES him to defend better.

dont think it worked, wasn't Kobe suppose to be defending Henderson last nite?
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:18 am

Hendersen went 6-16.

The ones who killed us were Sessions and Walker. If Kobe was defending Hendersen he did an alright job.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:28 am

therealdeal wrote:Hendersen went 6-16.

The ones who killed us were Sessions and Walker. If Kobe was defending Hendersen he did an alright job.

then he wasn't defending any one, just ball watching as usual, I saw several instances where he just gave up once he got screened and a bobcat player would just get a wide open 3. As for Henderson, he might not have had good fg% but he did his damage and its not like those shots were contested.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:37 pm

You've got to do better than that. I gave you statistical evidence that Hendersen was held below 40% from the field (and he's a pretty talented scorer by the way) and you just dismiss that? Please.

1. Kobe will focus defensively.
2. Well he didn't focus on Hendersen.
3. Henderesen shot 38% from the field.
4. Yeah well Kobe wasn't defending anything and who cares about the stats.

C'mon man.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Greatest of All Time on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 pm

I guess I'm ok with Ron Artest as the backup 4. He's still going to get 30+ minutes and he stays aggressive. Now Pau Gasol as a 6th man was just one of the most utterly ridiculous, short-sighted suggestions I've seen this year. Almost as ridiculous as having Pau Gasol shoot corner 3s.
Greatest of All Time

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:25 pm

Its not ok to play Artest as a backup 4...what are Hill and Jamison supposed to do?

if we want to be a solid playoff team, we need at least 3 guys off the bench playing regular and solid minutes. Can't have 2 of your best bench players ride the pine for Artest to play out of position.

I know dumbtoni will do it but it makes no sense at all. Its not like the bench is very talented. Instead we will see Blakes and Duhons and Morris playing SF and gunning 3s...god I hate the future. :mad1: :bang:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:27 pm

I'm alright with it, but then we've got to do something about that spot... If we're going to force Artest there, we might as well force Jamison to the backup 3.

Duhon/.../Jamison/Artest/Hill.

That's not lovely.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:34 pm

therealdeal wrote:You've got to do better than that. I gave you statistical evidence that Hendersen was held below 40% from the field (and he's a pretty talented scorer by the way) and you just dismiss that? Please.

1. Kobe will focus defensively.
2. Well he didn't focus on Hendersen.
3. Henderesen shot 38% from the field.
4. Yeah well Kobe wasn't defending anything and who cares about the stats.

C'mon man.

Henderson avg. 13pts a gm, yea great scorer there just like the Cartie Martin and Alonzo Gee of the league that went off on us......and he missed shots that were open had nothing to do with Kobe's D, all of his 3pts shots were wide open and I can recall 2 of them were results of Kobe ball watching and getting screened cause he wasn't paying attention. Pau shot 30% did that mean Mullens or whoever was guarding him play great D on Pau? If you really think what Kobe is doing out there is good D, then I dont really have much to argue with you on it cause I see a completely different Kobe out there.
khmrP

Re: MWPeace Discussion: now bench 4 & 3

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Did I ever claim Kobe a good job? I said he did alright. The scenario that I painted was future tense as in what will happen if we continue running with this lineup.

Henderson is averaging 13 points per game because he's been hurt and his minutes are down. Just because he's not putting up great numbers on a truly horrid team doesn't mean he's not talented. If he were coming off the bench on a good team, he'd be doing a good job of scoring for them. He'd be great here behind Metta World Peace.

Cartier Martin and Alonzo Gee ARE talented scorers. That's why they're still in the league. I don't get what that argument was.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:Did I ever claim Kobe a good job? I said he did alright. The scenario that I painted was future tense as in what will happen if we continue running with this lineup.

Henderson is averaging 13 points per game because he's been hurt and his minutes are down. Just because he's not putting up great numbers on a truly horrid team doesn't mean he's not talented. If he were coming off the bench on a good team, he'd be doing a good job of scoring for them. He'd be great here behind Metta World Peace.

Cartier Martin and Alonzo Gee ARE talented scorers. That's why they're still in the league. I don't get what that argument was.

you gota be kidding bout Martin/Gee :man10: , what exactly are you using GREAT as a berometer for scoring? If they're great then I guess Kobe and the likes who are in the high 20's must be god-like compared to these guys. Martin scored 21ptson this team avg. 7 measly pts off the bench for the worse team in the league, I'm pretty sure it was Kobe's assignment but hard for me to tell when he's always open, same with Gee, his % wasn't there by his production was none the less and even then it was hard for me to tell if Kobe was guarding him or Cj Miles, either way both guys got there ways. The fact that you even bring up how talented these guys are makes Kobe defensive efforts even more putrid considering he doesn't even bother guarding them most of the time letting them shoot open shots, always floating in the paint for whatever reason and gets caught in no mans land with his man has the ball for a wide open shot.
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:20 pm

“I’ve been watching him play for a long time and I still don’t understand how he steals the ball from behind like that,” Lakers guard Kobe Bryant said. “If he gets a finger tip on it, the ball sticks to his hands. It’s phenomenal.”
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Did I ever claim Kobe a good job? I said he did alright. The scenario that I painted was future tense as in what will happen if we continue running with this lineup.

you gota be kidding bout Martin/Gee :man10: , what exactly are you using GREAT as a berometer for scoring?

Where the **** did I say great? I said they're talented. Read please.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:

you gota be kidding bout Martin/Gee :man10: , what exactly are you using GREAT as a berometer for scoring?

Where the **** did I say great? I said they're talented. Read please.

7pts a game is talented these days? and check out the talented Henderson tonight against a medicore team like Pho, 2-9, 4pts, incredible talent there...I guess if these "talents" are dropping these types of production on Kobe's watch, I wonder what true talents like Thompson is gona do.
khmrP

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Kobe did a good job last game defending. Nothing horrible stood out like it used too. That last play defense on kemba was pretty solid and that AMAZING weakside block on their center biyombo nearly made me fall over. He seems to have cleaned up on his D the past few games. I don't see what khmrP is talking about.
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Here's that block I was talking about.
King of Clutch

Postby khmrP on Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:52 pm

King of Clutch wrote:Kobe did a good job last game defending. Nothing horrible stood out like it used too. That last play defense on kemba was pretty solid and that AMAZING weakside block on their center biyombo nearly made me fall over. He seems to have cleaned up on his D the past few games. I don't see what khmrP is talking about.

i guess you forgot how Henderson kept getting wide open for his 3's.
khmrP

Postby davriver290 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Why hasn't Jamison gotten any PT?
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby 432J on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 pm

davriver290 wrote:Why hasn't Jamison gotten any PT?

because we have a complete moron as head coach
432J

Postby OX1947 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:12 am

khmrP wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:Kobe did a good job last game defending. Nothing horrible stood out like it used too. That last play defense on kemba was pretty solid and that AMAZING weakside block on their center biyombo nearly made me fall over. He seems to have cleaned up on his D the past few games. I don't see what khmrP is talking about.

i guess you forgot how Henderson kept getting wide open for his 3's.

Yo khmr, I sent you a private message, check it out and let me know if you need anything else.
OX1947

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:32 am

khmrP wrote:7pts a game is talented these days? and check out the talented Henderson tonight against a medicore team like Pho, 2-9, 4pts, incredible talent there...I guess if these "talents" are dropping these types of production on Kobe's watch, I wonder what true talents like Thompson is gona do.

Those guys are also capable of dropping 20 point games if and when they're given the opportunity. Martin being the least among them. Being talented doesn't mean you're going to do something every single night. I never claimed that, you're the only one drawing outlandish conclusions based on something I'm saying.

I never claimed these were great players or great scorers. They're talented players who can get hot when called upon. Like J.R. Smith or Nick Young. Would you call either of those guys great? No, but they're very talented. They're probably a step above the names I mentioned, but that doesn't mean the guys I mentioned (really that you mentioned) AREN'T talented. In fact, I'd take any of those guys on this team in a heart beat.

And Henderson played less than 20 minutes, so big surprise that he didn't put up huge numbers.

By the way, try responding to a post with something OTHER than sarcasm. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and should be used sparingly.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion