MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: Ron Artest Appreciation Thread

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:12 am

frankrj wrote:says who? " says many people.

he ain't here to score. we have much more than enough people to score.

where is this ALL time defender?

First of all -- the all-time defender happens to be the best defender on this team right now. Everyone can see it.

Second -- why 5th option? Kobe, Pau, for sure... then Bynum or Artest, depending who's feeling it... and then? It's certainly not Fisher or Odom, they are not scorers.

So, Artest is a #4-#3 option depending on the situation, and when he's feeling it -- even #2 (which is rare, I admit). Why did you write #5 is beyond me. Who are those "many people" that say Artest should be a #5 option, please give us links so we can check them out? In the meantime I'll give you this link

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910LAL.HTM

where you can see that Artest has 3rd best on/off court production on the team, and the opponents have their worst production against our SF position -- which happens to be him.

The rest of your post is meant for someone else, so I'll let them respond. But let me give you a friendly advice: cut that "STFU" from your post or you won't last long here.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Venomenon on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:25 am

they would do fine without him and win a championship.

calling someone a troll due to not agreeing with them is real intelligent, especially on a forum. I bet your head is has shaved letters in it too. that is just too 1990.

Pleez. has he ever been to the finals? You could be his towel boy the way you defend him. I don't like non-Lakers coming over to ride the coat-tails to win a championship. he's a distraction.
Did we win when Rodman came? or Malone? STFU

lol gtfo
Venomenon

Postby frankrj on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:35 am

K,

you must have been here a long time, 20,00 posts. I have followed purple and gold since Jabbar, Wilkes, * Nixon days. remember Jim Chones, Landsberger...when Pat Riley was a broadcaster. before Stu Lantz; LOL..

Alright, your stats prove your point;

I have no links but ESPN TV analysts, ESPN 710 John Ireland, Steve Mason all mentioned BEFORE Ron came all alluded to him being the 4th option and how he would deal with it. You don't want to disrupt a championship team'sflow and what is working. I have seen it happen too many times. Phil knows best though.

It's true that Ron brings defense and his stats prove it. Let's not let him forget what he came here for. He is not here to shoot 3's (unless he shoots them well; which he is). He's here to do what he is doing.
Last edited by frankrj on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
frankrj

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:45 am

frankrj wrote:Why the F is Ron Artest shooting more than Bynum
he gets 9 shots and Bynum only 5?

he is supposed to be the 5th option, not 3rd !!

I don't like him either. dam fool with f'n shaved signs in his head..He's a dam bad luck charm..now we won't win just like we lost when Karl Malone came.

Thinking shouldn't only be considered a suggestion but should be used in all aspects of life. You should try it before posting.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby frankrj on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:53 am

point taken and will consider your suggestion.
frankrj

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:16 pm

Now let me say that the tone of my response is deliberate in order to prove a point to a new poster. I hope that you can see the point I am making. The response I have given are directly correlated with the way you have spoken. Discussions are great when you can bring some heat to them but name calling and empty statements don't get you anywhere. As a new member it is a great way to have the sharks come in and attack you without you being able to establish yourself as valuable member. Just a word of thought.

="frankrj"]says who? " says many people.

Many people said the world was flat. How did that work?
Many people said the Lakers were to soft to win a Championship. How did that work?
Many people said LO was to dumb to win a Championship. How did that work?
Many people said PJax and Fisher were to damn old to win another Championship. How did that work?
The TNT Crew said that the Lakers don't respect the game enough to win. How did that work?
Fans said we couldn't win with that horrible bench. How did that work?

I could go on forever but using "many people" is not a great way to start. I would try a different tactic.

I know facts are irrelevent to you and your post but I figure I should try and help you out. THe Triangle is set so that we play inside out basketball. That we have movement without the ball and that the open man gets the shot. Since Ron IS NOT forcing shots he is playing within the flow of the offense. In fact the coaching staff wants him to shoot more. I know what you are thinking. What do they know? Right? Well we should obviously ignore them and listen to your awesom coaching skills. Wait have you won a champioship? I can't listen to you if you haven't as you pointed out later in this post.

Yeah where is he? I mean he is getting lit up by all these SF's in the league. I don't know how we have won any games with such a scrub. so glad you have enlightened us :bow:

And you know this how? Can you tell me the winning lottery numbers for next weeks powerball?

calling someone a troll due to not agreeing with them is real intelligent, especially on a forum. I bet your head is has shaved letters in it too. that is just too 1990.

So becuase a person doesn't agree with you nor dresses like you approve they are not intellegent or knowledgeable. Hmmm that sounds pretty bigoted which is just to 1900. I suggest having a real point and backing it up with something with substance and people won't consider you a troll. Before you respond please know that I do not have anything shaved into my head so find another thing to point out.

Pleez. has he ever been to the finals? You could be his towel boy the way you defend him. I don't like non-Lakers coming over to ride the coat-tails to win a championship. he's a distraction.

Did you actually question someone else's intelligence and then write "pleez"? Not only that but how easily did you come to "his towel boy" because the poster disagreed with you? That doesn't have any logic to it what so ever. I suppose in your world if someone says that Lebron James is a great player they must be a fanboy or towel boy or something like that. Also, what the hell is a non-Laker? Is it a Lakers player who isn't a Lakers player? How does that work? Can we pick and chose which players are and aren't Lakers since it is obvious the NAME ON THE JERSEY THEY WEAR isn't indicative of who they play for?

You are right we did not win with those guys congratulations for bringing that to light. By your reasoning we should only bring in people who have won Championships. I guess you would be one of those geniuses who thinks that bringing Horry back would be a smart idea.

Oh and STFU? Are you serious? Come on if you have to resort to that by your third post then you really don't have anything to bring to the table in this discussion.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:22 pm

^ Thanks puffy, I was going to respond but you got it. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:27 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ Thanks puffy, I was going to respond but you got it. :man10:
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby frankrj on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:50 pm

OK. I got somebody who is sarcastic and overly critical. After all, I am in the appreciation thread so what could Mr. Artest possibly do wrong. And let's not forget he is a Laker too.

BTW, I threw that last sentence in so you can be critical again and say what the hell does the troll mean to say?

I do not need triangle offense 101 explanations.

"new poster?" you act like I just discovered the internet. I don't need to validate myself to you or anyone.

The same roster without Ron Artest would do just fine. They did so the last two years.
It ain't broke and it isn't old s don't fix it.....(my logic).

Or are u the "forum BB genius" who would break up a championship team and think well, whoop dee ....dah, this format is better simply because of Ron Artest. On paper, yes, sounds good, and so far in the "regular season" it is fine; in the playoffs is where it counts. have u hear that before?

I guess you would be one of those geniuses who thinks that bringing Horry back would be a smart idea.
No, I would add Kwame.. (I had to throw that in, you left the door open LOL)

Horry?. I never gave you "the details" of who to bring in. I like young talent and developing them into awesome players. (Disclaimer: I am not an NBA coach.) not working with older veterans on the decline to win a championship for 1 year or two, eg: Boston. Although, veterans are good when used sparingly. ..Sam Cassell, Ron Harper. NS Sherlock (I know)

So becuase a person doesn't agree with you nor dresses like you approve they are not intellegent or knowledgeable. Hmmm that sounds pretty bigoted which is just to 1900

C'mon man. C'mon..where did I mention dress code or sp..sp..sp.. spelling skills The brutha needs to grow up. plain & simple. He is not 20 yrs old wearing hair cuts like that.

If he is promoting himself like Rodman did, OK, I get it. He is kind of funny so he has that going. But I liked having Trevor more.

I will admit I was wrong on the SF defense stats. If he is in the flow & taking shots, cool. I actually did not see this game; just the box score. I'll only comment when I watch the game to make it conducive for debate.

Alright, let's all get along, everybody has had their shot at me and backed it up. I am listening and see your points. Don't be offended and I look forward to more discussions.
frankrj

Postby KobeFoThree on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:16 pm

where in the world did this myth that "artest isn't here to shoot" come from? his D is great, and if he has the open shot, he has the green light to take it. he has a great offensive skillset that i enjoy watching. it's not like he's been jacking up 12 3pointers a game, he's plays within the flow really well.

so quit flaming/trolling frankrj, and if you are serious, then i sorta feel bad for you. instead of just reading the box scores, maybe you should actually watch the games? he's playing the best man2man D in the league right now.
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

Postby KobeFoThree on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:31 pm

frankrj wrote: I don't need to validate myself to you or anyone.

good for you buddy :man12:

realistically though, if you want any respect here, you need to be a little more mature, post with your brain, and not your heart.
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

Postby frankrj on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm

I only missed that game bro' cuz I 'm out east in WadeLand. Ok, if he is doing that then defense wins championships. I WAS WRONG on him hogging. So, let's move on and get ready to hoist another banner up. I hear ya'.
frankrj

Postby KobeFoThree on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:40 pm

frankrj wrote:I only missed that game bro' cuz I 'm out east in WadeLand. Ok, if he is doing that then defense wins championships. I WAS WRONG on that. So, let's move and get ready to hoist another banner up. I hear ya'.

:jam2:
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

Postby JediChris31 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:37 pm

kwembinekwek wrote:

lol gtfo
"We have a really really strong team.. A very strong team. It smells familiar to me."

- Kobe
JediChris31

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Ron Artest has only been a Laker for a few months, but he's already sold on Kobe's whip cracking skills. "With Kobe's leadership, he's making it easy for us to focus on every possession," marveled Ron Ron. "He comes out the same way every game. Good team, bad team. He comes out trying to destroy them, so it carries over to the rest of us."

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2009/11/los-angeles-lakers-practice.html

Ron Artest gets my "Best Teammate" award. The guy has sacrificed everything to the point that PJ has to tell him to shoot more. Now you hear about all the praise that he bestows upon the Black Mamba.... Great quotes from a great player.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:51 am

Ron really didn't have much to worry about on the defensive end tonight. None of the Hornets he matched up against posed any threat of scoring the ball. I really enjoyed his swat on Wright, he barely jumped on that one and still managed to block it.

Offensively, despite his awkward fast break TO, he had a very good game. An effortless 16 points on 6-8 shooting (2-3 from 3) in only 27 minutes.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby DMK on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:05 am

Im interested in seeing who covers wade for the majority next game. You think artest will be on Beasley more, or Wade? Or will he even be guarding Wade?

I just love knowing whoever we face, we have someone that can guard them for the most part.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:22 am

^Ron is way too slow for Wade, thats for sure. Actually every NBA player is too slow for Wade so don't get me wrong but Ron is a bit slower than other defenders trying to stay with Wade.

Kobe will be guarding Wade.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby GinoDB on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:15 am

DMK wrote:Im interested in seeing who covers wade for the majority next game. You think artest will be on Beasley more, or Wade? Or will he even be guarding Wade?

I just love knowing whoever we face, we have someone that can guard them for the most part.

Beasley has been playing a lot of PF recently , so Odom will probably match up with him a lot. Im thinking they will start Haslem to matchup with us
GinoDB

Postby The Rock on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:38 am

i would put Shannon on Wade, kobe's been in foul trouble hte lats couple of games hopefully he won't be this game.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JSM on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:07 am

Ron's on live on the Carmicheal Dave radio show:

http://player.play.it/player/player.htm ... estat=khtk
JSM

Postby RHCP on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:35 am

Does any body know where I can get those "boxer" shorts that Artest was wearing on Kimmel?
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Postby -G- on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:38 am

Kobe always guards Wade. He'll be all over him tomorrow.
-G-

Postby JSM on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:42 am

RHCP wrote:Does any body know where I can get those "boxer" shorts that Artest was wearing on Kimmel?

I'm guessing the top drawer of his dresser.
JSM

Postby TT24 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:52 am

GinoDB wrote:
DMK wrote:Im interested in seeing who covers wade for the majority next game. You think artest will be on Beasley more, or Wade? Or will he even be guarding Wade?

Beasley has been playing a lot of PF recently , so Odom will probably match up with him a lot. Im thinking they will start Haslem to matchup with us

Doubt it. Hope not either. Pau should have a feast.
TT24

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion