MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: great McMen article - pg 161

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:49 pm

And you're wrong. There's no reason to hold anyone to that standard, it's simply ridiculous. You're talking about the two most dominant forces in the game today and using that as your barometer.

He plays defense just as well as anyone could ask or expect from a defensive player and because he can't stop the two most dominant players in the game he needs to go. I just keep typing it because it's so absolutely ludicrous.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:04 pm

And you're not reading what Im saying, I never said completely stop them, I said make them work harder for them, have them sweat it out to get their shots and points, get some stops at critical moments of the games, that hasnt happened at all from Ron. And I said fulfilling it in an adequate manner, thats being reasonable. If our team has championship aspirations then we ask our guys to do things that would help us win a championship and regular season is an opportunity to prep for that, if they're not reaching those standards why keep them? If we compare them to like the Bobcats or TWolves or something and say well nobody else in the league can slow them then Ron isnt worth keeping on the team since he cant give you the extra defensive playmaking that is needed and is expected from him.

Ive said this before Ron's trade value is sky high right now packaging him and Pau should give us good returns

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Armani on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:43 pm

I have been advocating moving him to full time PF for a while now. He's the perfect fit there in MDA's system, and has got the physical tools to body up PF's. Gasol's holding that idea back, for now. Gasol's holding back everything, actually. :man11:
Armani

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 pm

The Rock wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:
The Rock wrote:That last play was just a straight up isolation vs Lebron, we really needed that stop

and how do you stop an off balance shot off the dribble ?

Lebron got most of his basket from TOs and Pow Pow garbage defense as an anchor .

Metta did OK on Bron Bron

Ron is gotta defend him better seriously that last play is an iso, Iso defense is Ron's strength if hes getting scored on in that situation then he just cant help us anymore.

By LeBron James. Yeah ship his bleep out he's useless. Who you got lined up hypothetically (and more importantly, realistically) to stop......errrrr....."slow down" James for us if that's the bar now?
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm

Okay name me someone on the Clippers that's going to stop LeBron.

Name me someone on the Thunder that will stop LeBron.

The Knicks? The Celtics? The Spurs?

Or how about you name me anyone from any of those teams that's going to "put a dent" in Kevin Durant?

No?

Because said person does not exist. You have yet to provide any examples of someone who could do what you ask from any other team in the league; contender or not.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:59 am

MarkCubanScrotalSack said : KD had a career night tonight, Shawn Marion can't D up anymore , he has to go
wcsoldier81

Postby BDG on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:23 am

Durant and LeBron got their season highs because they were allowed LAYUPS -- that has much more to do with team defense and rotations than Artest's individual defense.

Half of LeBron's points were on breakaways from turnovers.

IF we didn't let them get 8 points to open the game off BREAKAWAYS we would have won easily.
IF we didn't turn the ball over a ridiculous amount of times we would have won easily.
IF we had a defensive system in place we would see more consistency on that end.

But unfortunately those IF's don't mean anything. This team lacks discipline and has severely underachieved.

Solely blaming Artest for wings going off on us is ignoring the fact that we don't have a clear defensive strategy and lack communication there as well.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:35 pm

At the 7:40 mark is the play that Lebron scored on Ron late in the game......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4VL9sLTQh0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ron is funneling and pushing Lebron to his left from the get go because that is where the help is supposed to come from.....

Guess who isn't there to help or get a hand up and is back on his heels.....

The star starter.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:04 pm

I find the last page.... funny like funny as hell funny. Why did Ron not stop the so-called "best player ever?"
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 pm

I was impressed with his d tonight. Guarding centers and power forwards. The guy has one of the best set of hands in nba history. He's so good at picking guy's pockets from behind.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby dj vitus on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:I was impressed with his d tonight. Guarding centers and power forwards. The guy has one of the best set of hands in nba history. He's so good at picking guy's pockets from behind.

He was also great with this help defense. Prevented several sure baskets and trusted his teammates. We only lost by 13 instead of 27. :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 pm

Shut up you guys, Ron doesn't play defense anymore.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 pm

Am I the only one that's kinda forgotten he's even on the team? Seems like he's lost out there, doesn't get any plays called for him, doesn't get a ton of shots, isn't taking it hard to the hoop or posting up anymore, it's strange.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:03 am

since i'm tired of lamenting the lakers' season, i thought i'd say that despite another soul-crushing loss, metta's effort on d against randolph was excellent last night. i'm not sure i've seen an individual defender really quiet zbo without any help like that.

so that's good. now back to weeping.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:10 am

Weezy wrote:Am I the only one that's kinda forgotten he's even on the team? Seems like he's lost out there, doesn't get any plays called for him, doesn't get a ton of shots, isn't taking it hard to the hoop or posting up anymore, it's strange.

Actually he's attacking the basket a lot. He takes it to the hole all the time and he's really been one of our best offensive weapons at times because teams totally forget about him. They try to put Ginobilis or Tony Allens on him and he muscles his way to the basket all the time.

He just doesn't play with the same fire he used to, but then again neither does anybody else on the team. Kobe included. Nash included. Gasol and Howard and Jamison included. Clark is the only one trying his heart out.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:28 am

therealdeal wrote:
Weezy wrote:Am I the only one that's kinda forgotten he's even on the team? Seems like he's lost out there, doesn't get any plays called for him, doesn't get a ton of shots, isn't taking it hard to the hoop or posting up anymore, it's strange.

Actually he's attacking the basket a lot. He takes it to the hole all the time and he's really been one of our best offensive weapons at times because teams totally forget about him. They try to put Ginobilis or Tony Allens on him and he muscles his way to the basket all the time.

He just doesn't play with the same fire he used to, but then again neither does anybody else on the team. Kobe included. Nash included. Gasol and Howard and Jamison included. Clark is the only one trying his heart out.

I agree that his offense has looked comparatively great at times. Especially when the team is looking confused/timid and he muscles up to the hoop.

Also, I think his defense is taking too much heat this year. Sure he cant guard the ultra quick perimeter guys the way he used to. He's still guarding 2-3 positions, getting steals, playing hard, and generally pissing off ever player on the opposite team?

People want to try to slam him because Lebron or KD had a good game against him?? :man10:
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:31 am

I've been one of the few in this thread consistently saying that. :man10:

C'mon the dude can't guard LeBron and Durant! Trade him!

Nevermind that he just had a GREAT defensive performance against Randolph. Randolph got maybe 3 good looks this last game and a lot of them weren't on Artest.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 am

Ron played better last night. If he can play like that more often I wouldn't complain, Ideally you dont want him shooting more than Pau, Howard or Nash

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 pm

No bump? MWP with the defense all game, and he held the lead steady for us with those 3's in the 4th.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Corner 3s were huge. Opened things up in the middle. Nice game

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:13 pm

Trade him. His value will never be higher.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 pm

^Im interested to see how he does vs Durant Sunday.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Armani on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:16 pm

If only we had another starting caliber SF... he would be killing it at PF. Good game from him. Seemed lost for a while.
Armani

Postby Armani on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:16 pm

The Rock wrote:^Im interested to see how he does vs Durant Sunday.

Here we go again. :man10:
Armani

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:18 pm

Well Durant is almost a lock for 30 every night, so if MWP can hold him to anything less than it's a victory. You don't just stop Durant, you make him work for everything, play good team defense and hope he has an off game.

Same way you play all the great players.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion