MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: great McMen article - pg 161

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:59 am

Even when he has great games, he takes shots he shouldn't & is a ballstopper at times. He does alot that doesn't show up in the stat sheet but he's not good enough to defend the entire perimeter.. We need him out there with a quicker, more athletic wing, not Kobe, Nash, Meeks, Blake etc. Barring a trade T-Will is someone I thought we should have signed since the offseason.. Not sure a tweak like that is enough to put us over the top, we probably need to trade Pau before the deadline to make a good run.
lakersin4

Postby kobebryant248 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:36 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:List of dumb mistakes he has been repeating all season long :

- Get the defensive rebound , try to push the tempo with his poor speed and handles instead of passing the ball to Nash
- NEVER passes on a 2 on 1 fastbreak
- Brick a wide open 3 , we get the offensive rebound , let's immediately chuck another long J .

+ Inconsistent D

agree . he does that every game . so bad :bang:
kobebryant248

Postby nameant on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:46 am

Not like we didn't know what we were getting into when we signed him. MWP is either really good or really bad. There usually isn't a common ground. Most of the time when he's playing he's trying to do too much...but sometimes it works out. The 02-05 Ron tho...that man was a beast.
nameant

Postby l__o on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:15 am

For his entire career, consistence never exists.
He could still get 18+ ppg, several rebounds, assists on a starless team. E.g. 2008 -2009 Rockets.
But man, u asked him to be a shooter? :man10:
l__o

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:38 am

l__o wrote:For his entire career, consistence never exists.
He could still get 18+ ppg, several rebounds, assists on a starless team. E.g. 2008 -2009 Rockets.

I dont think the team is asking him to be a shooter, he's settling for it and it doesn't help the fact that the opposing teams leave him open and we help that matter by passing it to him. That doesn't mean he can't do other things with it once he gets the ball, he could try to drive in, dribble in a bit and take shorter jumper, you know basic things if your shots aren't falling. Peace is playing the Marion role when Antoni was therein Pho and I dont recall him just chucking away even at his best, he found didn't settle for constantly jacking up 3's.
khmrP

Postby l__o on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 am

khmrP wrote:

I dont think the team is asking him to be a shooter, he's settling for it and it doesn't help the fact that the opposing teams leave him open and we help that matter by passing it to him. That doesn't mean he can't do other things with it once he gets the ball, he could try to drive in, dribble in a bit and take shorter jumper, you know basic things if your shots aren't falling. Peace is playing the Marion role when Antoni was therein Pho and I dont recall him just chucking away even at his best, he found didn't settle for constantly jacking up 3's.

We are talking Ron right?
He devastates the ball movement, makes bad decisions all day.
Should just stop passing the ball to him.
l__o

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 am

l__o wrote:
khmrP wrote:

We are talking Ron right?
He devastates the ball movement, makes bad decisions all day.
Should just stop passing the ball to him.

unfortunately yes, New name same old brain
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:27 am

January...34 mins, 13 points, 4.8/12.5 Field goals, 38% from the field, 34% from 3 point land. When you're shooting this bad why the heck would you keep launching shots. SMH

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:31 am

I'm just discouraged by the inconsistency. I know what he brings to the table. I just don't know if it's worth having him at all at this point. I could be wrong, though.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby khmrP on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:38 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:I'm just discouraged by the inconsistency. I know what he brings to the table. I just don't know if it's worth having him at all at this point. I could be wrong, though.

its his consistent chucking and bad decision making on offense that has me discouraged, his D is nothing to talk bout either. Only thing he's good for is defending other ploding methodical snails like himself that try to out muscle him, other then that anyone with decent speed and dribbling ability can easily get by him.
khmrP

Postby scissors on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 am

It almost looks like he wants to be the hero in every game. I guess MWP was excluded in the closed door meeting or everyone was just too busy telling Kobe to pass the ball in the meeting that someone forgot to tell this idiot to stop chucking up 3s.
scissors

Postby JLaker17 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:41 am

He kills all ball movement with the offense.
JLaker17

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:19 am

He's the wrong player for this team. After the team meeting and playing unselfish basketball the last thing we need is a player who wants to break out of the offense, go 1 on 1, and brick shots while getting burned on defense. It's too bad we're so thin at SF or I would be all for never giving him minutes.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby NeeJee on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:20 pm

He might be getting tired. His defense has become sporadic lately. His shooting has been shaky too. He clanked so many wide open 3's last night. At one point, I was on my knees in front of my TV begging him to make a damn 3.
NeeJee

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:25 pm

God, imagine if we had a deadly 3pt shooting sf getting 10 wide open shots a game instead of Metta. I'll take the crappy defense from whoever it would be.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:31 pm

Beasley just owned the hell out of Pau and MWP especially on one on one situations in the 4th. SMDH

Straight out of NBA.com. Look at his shooting in the 4th Quarters :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

http://www.nba.com/advancedstats/player.html#Metta-World%20Peace|1897;year=201213;season=r;splitType=period;splitValue=4

It gets worse during Clutch time...

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/

clutch time, which is defined by NBA.com as when the game is within five points in the final five minutes

Last edited by The Rock on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:49 pm

Punk-101 wrote:God, imagine if we had a deadly 3pt shooting sf getting 10 wide open shots a game instead of Metta. I'll take the crappy defense from whoever it would be.

this is what Ive been saying for a month or so. Ron isnt playing lockdown defense. We should trade him for a player who is younger and can hit some 3s even though he sucks on defense. The frustration that grows from missing open shots and breaking the rhythm of the offense is spilling over to the other end

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:57 pm

The Rock wrote:this is what Ive been saying for a month or so. Ron isnt playing lockdown defense. We should trade him for a player who is younger and can hit some 3s even though he sucks on defense. The frustration that grows from missing open shots and breaking the rhythm of the offense is spilling over to the other end

Mike Dunleavy or Martell Webster/filler are good options for this team, if the Lakers decide to trade MWP by the trade dead-line.
Ice-Fire

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:31 pm

i bet you all would be complaining more if we had gotten beasley at the deadline last year and dealing with all his bone headed issues. would be nice though if 24 was passing to beasley for jumpers.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby scissors on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 pm

The Rock and all the stats he posts. Props. :jam2:
scissors

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:37 pm

scissors wrote:The Rock and all the stats he posts. Props. :jam2:

Thanks. We all know Ron is up and down when it comes 3 point shots but its amplified now since hes taking 6 3s a game that is just too much. Even when he struggled with 3s you know we could count on him to hold it down on the other end and stay in the game, but thats not happening either. He can guard power forwards who are slow and cant dribble around him thats it really. Its very very frustrating, teams are gameplanning to exploit him, he and Pau are the weaklinks so far in the lineups late in games.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby charvin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:02 pm

Easiest way to gameplan for him now is to just let him bomb the 3's. Live and die by that.
charvin

Postby thkthebest on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:20 pm

What annoys me about Ron is his inability to move the ball. We have enough ball-dominant players, but Nash, Kobe, and even Howard have been adjusting. Ron is just a blackhole. If he gets the ball, he has to hold the ball for 5 seconds and think about what to do before taking action. Then, he just dribbles, dribbles, and dribbles in the same spot before jacking up a retarded shot.
thkthebest

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:05 pm

His low IQ plays shot attempts are beyond me. Dude's 33. Learn how to play in control, like a veteran should. Either make your shots, or shoot less.
Armani

Postby easyguy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:49 am

cant dribble, cant shoot, now can't even play defense. :man9: :man9: :man9:

Watching MWP is soo awkward!
easyguy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion