MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:34 am

Ice-Fire wrote:
khmrP wrote:I didn't see it in the replay but then again twc didn't show good clip of it, oh well its not like numbnuts is squeaky clean, he's been borderline idiotic this season anyways with his antics, should've known better with his reputation.

I saw the replay, he did nothing that warranted a suspension.... the league were just crying wolf for Brandon Knight... in fact I hope the league makes a new rule for players getting suspended for pissing & moaning about someone hurting there poor little jaw.

which replay though? cause TWC didn't show that incident live and whatever replayed they showed just had peace/knight tangled up already but I didn't see this hand on neck and striking but its Peace afterall, you really doubt he's incapable of doing such a thing? As for Ebanks playing or starting, hopefully he'll be put on Wallace, he's no longer an offensive threat now, just that garbage guy but better not leave him open ebanks :mad1:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 am

^ Rock posted the video. That's the entire altercation.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:37 am

I was watching the game on the Detroit broadcast, they showed the reply and it was just tangled up situation were Peace barely pushed Brandon Knight.

I think the league wants the Lakers to fail on this road-trip so they can see this franchise burn and miss the playoffs.
Ice-Fire

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 am

Ice-Fire wrote:I was watching the game on the Detroit broadcast, they showed the reply and it was just tangled up situation were Peace barely pushed Brandon Knight.

I think the league wants the Lakers to fail on this road-trip so they can see this franchise burn and miss the playoffs.

ok...its unfortunate he's getting scrutinized by his past but if he was just a lil bit smarter in that department he would realize he's not getting away with ANYTHING anymore.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 am

What a F'n joke. The NBA really doesn't want LA being on the winning side. At the worse Ron could of been fined but that too would not have been deserving either. So we go into Brooklyn with both our top defenders. :bang:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:55 am

What a load of crap. Are you serious. I can't believe this. Dwight's not playing and not Metta. I can't believe this stupid [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby kenzo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:00 am

History catching up with Artest once more :bang:
kenzo

Postby The Rock on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 am

Well Nash will be really exposed now, whos he gonna guard? Cant stick with Deron, Joe Johnson or Gerald Wallace

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:14 am

The worst thing ? It's Knight who asked/pushed the NBA to investigate this with his postgame comments
wcsoldier81

Postby Center Court on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 am

if the league didn't have such a vendetta against Ron, they'd step back and realize he was fight for position and when BK was oushing and shoving him, Ron tried to stick his arm up between them and push him away. A move Ron often uses when trying to stop a scrum.

does it to KG

thats a his way of really "brushing off" a situation. Ron just happens to be bigger and stronger than the rest.

shame on Stern. Turning this league into the puppy bowl...
Center Court

Re: MWPeace Discussion: suspended 1 game without pay

Postby kobebryant248 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 am

no words for that. wade gets away with a one game suspension earlier in the season as he kicked sessions in his nuts and mwp gets a one game suspension for a little bit. if mwp had kicked sessions he wouldve been suspended for 5 games and if wade had that little fight against knight he wouldve get nothing. so i am pissed over these pathetic nba officials . some guys can do what they want and some guys only when they breath they get a suspension.but mwp couldve been a little smarter on that play because he has to know that the league will punish him for everything he is doing espicially since he knocked harden to the ground. :bang: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 am

The Rock wrote:Well Nash will be really exposed now, whos he gonna guard? Cant stick with Deron, Joe Johnson or Gerald Wallace

Why now ? Who do you think Nash would have guarded if Metta wasn't suspended ?

"Best" strategy imo ... Put Nash on Deron who is going to post up Nash ... bring the double team and let Wallace open for 3
wcsoldier81

Postby KB24 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:11 pm

I really don't understand people are surprised or think its unjustified...

you will be getting the benefit of the doubt once or twice...Ron is a high frequency repeater. Of course he will get punished harder than guys like Wade...he has a history of on court issues. Every time he adds to his accolades, he will be punished harder and harder...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby borri on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:14 pm

So....who's starting in place of MWP? Jamison?

Good lord our D is gonna be real real real bad.
borri

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 pm

KB24 wrote:I really don't understand people are surprised or think its unjustified...

you will be getting the benefit of the doubt once or twice...Ron is a high frequency repeater. Of course he will get punished harder than guys like Wade...he has a history of on court issues. Every time he adds to his accolades, he will be punished harder and harder...

While I've already said I agree with you, it's still frustrating in the moment and it's still difficult to accept on an "incident-to-incident" basis.

He didn't do anything in that altercation to warrant suspension. He was already given a flagrant in the game which would have meant a fine. Suspension is overkill for no reason.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakeshow24 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:22 pm

KB24 wrote:I really don't understand people are surprised or think its unjustified...

I agree. Ron was definitely acting up. He purposefully roughed the opponent up.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby KB24 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:30 pm

yes, realdeal...it is overkill...not even Knight felt any pain or something. It was a typical NBA "heat up" moment. Do I think that incident warrants a suspension? hell no, the NBA is not a girly game. That was literally nothing. All I'm saying is that Ron KNOWS he will be punished for the slightest of any actions but he is too stupid to keep his hands away it seems.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby seasonVet24 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:34 pm

brandon knight is the definition of a crying sissy. :bang:
seasonVet24

Postby karacha on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 pm

The league is soft. That's the truth.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:48 pm

ron basicly gonna miss a huge game in brk lakers first game ever in brk and ron is from NY AREA :disagree:
PurpleNGold1

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:05 pm

seasonVet24 wrote:brandon knight is the definition of a crying sissy. :bang:

and Artest defines stupidity, no matter how much he tries to pretend the overall crazyness will never leave him.
khmrP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 pm

you are right we shouldn't be suprised at all. It is still completely unjustified. While I agree that history plays into effect when giving out punishment the fact was Ron did nothing in what was a tangle up that Knight increased. If the league was fair and impartial (yea right) they would look at each incident. How come Knight didn't get a fine or suspension since he hit ron with an elbow? Is it because he doesn't have a history? If that is the case then that too is BS. I guess the next time Ron is battling for position in the paint and someone flops like he shot them he should get two game suspension. Reggie Evans should be suspended every other game. This has vendetta and overreaction stamped all over it to me. Completely unjustified.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:15 pm

khmrP wrote:

and Artest defines stupidity, no matter how much he tries to pretend the overall crazyness will never leave him.

So someone grabbing him makes him stupid? Thats stupid. Ron hasn't done anything to warrent fans, especially Lakers fans, to say that. Even Nash gets into this types of tangle ups from time to time. Guess Nash is stupid. We know Kobe does. Must be stupid too. The King does and so does KD. All stupid. Come on man you know Ron didn't do anything in that little dust up. Had it been KD and someone else it would be a nothing issue.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:17 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:

So someone grabbing him makes him stupid? Thats stupid. Ron hasn't done anything to warrent fans, especially Lakers fans, to say that. Even Nash gets into this types of tangle ups from time to time. Guess Nash is stupid. We know Kobe does. Must be stupid too. The King does and so does KD. All stupid. Come on man you know Ron didn't do anything in that little dust up. Had it been KD and someone else it would be a nothing issue.

his reaction is stupid and does Nash have Artest history? Exactly had it been ANYONE else it wouldn't warranted a suspension, thus the stupidity of not knowing ones rep/past history.
khmrP

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Everything is about reputation in this league ... Metta has built his by himself ... can't say it's unfair ...

He was probably doing ok for a while reputation wise until the elbow to Harden last season ... he's dirty Artest again for everybody since this incident
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion