MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: greets cops in cookie monster PJs (p181)

Postby Greatest of All Time on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 pm

last stand wrote:he is so detrimental to offensive flow, has been for about 2 years now.

He's been detrimental to offensive flow since he got here which is why they had to break away from the triangle in 2010. He at least had excellent man d back then but now his defense is vastly overrated but everyone forgives him because he comes up with some steals after getting burned from gambling 95% of the time.
Greatest of All Time

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Eff it.

He locked down LMA vs POR and prevented him from tying the game down the stretch.

He locked down Dirk and prevented him from tying the game down the stretch.

I'll take it.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Eff it.

He locked down LMA vs POR and prevented him from tying the game down the stretch.

He locked down Dirk and prevented him from tying the game down the stretch.

I'll take it.

I'll also take it... for now.

But once his defense stops making up for his offense, I want him on the bench or on another team (preferably the former).
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 pm

I dont know why its so hard for him to play within himself?? come on hes been in the league so long, hes been with us 4 years now doesnt he know his role and limitations, Im not saying dont take open 3s created from ball movement but when you dont have it going, pass the ball since theres time on the clock. Theres just this lack of recognition on what his abilities are and how he fits into this team

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:22 pm

there are times when the ball gets to Metta and i just put my head down...the walking black hole
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 pm

He takes Kobesque difficulty shots w/o the Kobesque skills :freak2:
khmrP

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:55 pm

therealdeal wrote:I love Metta's effort and I don't want him going anywhere. His defensive ability is still very high and I wouldn't want to see him defending us.

If we trade Gasol for a starting caliber SF and moved Metta to the bench, we'd be in great shape. Metta can do all of his dumb things off the bench and we wouldn't have to worry about it much, but he'd still bring that fantastic defensive presence and energy.

^ That's what I think as well. I'm not sure you find another guy of his caliber at a lower price. Yes, MWP is getting long in the tooth, but if we can bring in a starting caliber SF by moving Pau in the offseason I'd still be into having him come off the bench.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:23 pm

therealdeal wrote: I'll also take it... for now.

But once his defense stops making up for his offense, I want him on the bench or on another team (preferably the former).

Yeah unfortunately he's more up and down than a girl at the wrong time of the month. Of course if we improve he is expendable.

But I'd love to see the number of possession changes he has caused. Or the number of times he's made a momentum basket....like when the game was within a few points in the 2nd half. He does have a knack for that.

I'm also afraid that he becomes a true black hole on the bench, but that's purely speculation.

As for the hypothetical Deng trade...Pau + Metta for Deng & Butler/Belinelli & a pick?
Chillbongo

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm

i just remembered that Ebanks is the other option...i'm not so mad anymore
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
therealdeal wrote: I'll also take it... for now.

Yeah unfortunately he's more up and down than a girl at the wrong time of the month. Of course if we improve he is expendable.

But I'd love to see the number of possession changes he has caused. Or the number of times he's made a momentum basket....like when the game was within a few points in the 2nd half. He does have a knack for that.

I'm also afraid that he becomes a true black hole on the bench, but that's purely speculation.

As for the hypothetical Deng trade...Pau + Metta for Deng & Butler/Belinelli & a pick?

Pau alone makes MORE than the entire trio of those Bulls, Boozer would have to be included or routed to a 3rd team.
khmrP

Postby last stand on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:
last stand wrote:he is so detrimental to offensive flow, has been for about 2 years now.

He's been detrimental to offensive flow since he got here which is why they had to break away from the triangle in 2010. He at least had excellent man d back then but now his defense is vastly overrated but everyone forgives him because he comes up with some steals after getting burned from gambling 95% of the time.

Well he gives effort and that's enough for some. For me I personally like production.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:46 pm

khmrP wrote:Pau alone makes MORE than the entire trio of those Bulls, Boozer would have to be included or routed to a 3rd team.

Yes of course a third team would be involved. We wouldn't want Chicago's pick and they would never take both MWP & Pau.
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 am

The problem with trading with Chicago is they won't want/be able to make any move that DOESN'T include Boozer. And there's nobody in the league that wants any part of Boozer or that contract.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:03 am

Chillbongo wrote:
khmrP wrote:Pau alone makes MORE than the entire trio of those Bulls, Boozer would have to be included or routed to a 3rd team.

Yes of course a third team would be involved. We wouldn't want Chicago's pick and they would never take both MWP & Pau.

I think they would, MWP/Pau both expire next season but the question here though is do we need Deng that badly and do we really hate MWP that badly to eat Boozer contract? My answer, HELL F'N NO! :man10:
khmrP

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Nope, don't want Boozer.

Why would we trade Pau for Boozer?
Chillbongo

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Nope, don't want Boozer.

Why would we trade Pau for Boozer?

because he's needed to make the salary work, like I said your scenario of Pau for Deng and 1 or 2 low end Bulls players dont work salary wise as both teams re over the cap. Also Bulls wont take on Pau w/o dropping Boozer, so either they amensty him (highly doubt that) or we have to take on more useless contracts then the names you listed.
khmrP

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:27 pm

3rd team. Someone wants Boozer, someone wants Pau.
Chillbongo

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:05 am

Chillbongo wrote:3rd team. Someone wants Boozer, someone wants Pau.

Tor who desperately wants to dump Bargani didn't even want Boozer, says alot of Boozer contract/value :man10:
khmrP

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:49 am

I really believe there will be a high probability that MWP will get amnestied this off-season.

I'm not saying I don't like him or that I am for him. Right now I am indifferent (middle of the road). I love his hustle and that magical left hand of his when he steals every ball that comes into contact with it, but this guy can't hit consistent shots. If we had someone in that SF spot that made just half all of misses MWP has had over the course of the month of February we would be in a lot better shape.

Time will tell I guess
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:39 am

I think it'll depend on what exactly is the return on Gasol. I think Mitch is going to swing for an All-Star level SF. If he can do that and it saves some cash, Metta might survive on the team. If he can't do it, and we settle for a few pieces, then I don't see Ron making it this summer.

First step though: re-sign Howard.
2. Trade Gasol
3. Re-sign CLark
4. Everything else.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:48 am

I dont see LA amenstying anyone, they didn't do it the 1st time and there's no signs of it this time around outside of writers/fans speculations.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:48 am

double
Last edited by khmrP on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:03 am

I don't know why I get frustrated with Metta anymore. He does this time and time.

Good start, slow midseason, rising end to season. Then he usually shows up for playoffs.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Juronimo on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 pm

khmrP wrote:I dont see LA amenstying anyone, they didn't do it the 1st time and there's no signs of it this time around outside of writers/fans speculations.

Brian Grant says hi.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Juronimo wrote:
khmrP wrote:I dont see LA amenstying anyone, they didn't do it the 1st time and there's no signs of it this time around outside of writers/fans speculations.

Brian Grant says hi.

so he does :man10:
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion