MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: great McMen article - pg 161

Postby kblo247 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:16 pm

I have no problem with him averaging that amount of attempts when healthy, I don't like him not shooting the ball when we are short handed, like we were with Kobe or Metta as out lone scorers. He has to manage the game better than that, it's his job to manage the game, same way people get on Kobe in the catch 22. He needed to look to score in those games. In SA alone, he didnt attempt a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in crunch time. He has to look for a shot jaut to keep teams honest, and a lot of MWPs chucks came because Nash outright didnt shoot at all vs OKC to make Russ work on D. I just expect better because he can be better, yet as it stands now if I were ranking the Lakers in terms of actuality not what the Can do, but What they have done so far it would be Kobe, Dwight, Metta, Nash, Hill,,and Pau sadly.
kblo247

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:19 pm

Good game from MWP, 12 points 6 rebounds 3 assists on a 5-10 FG.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:26 am

:man10: :man10: ^^^ LMAO. Haven't you read the last two pages here..... everyone wants him gone now. What's with you Mr. Glass is half full?

:man1:
LTLakerFan

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:42 am

MWP played well. He shot the ball well & was active defensively.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Hes giving us points that we really needed tonight. 16. But man his D has fallen off really badly he cant seem to slow down Lebron or Durant both guys are getting whatever they want. 39 tonight by Lebron, 36 and 42 already by KD

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:51 pm

i bet metta wishes he didn't auction that ring off now since he won't get another one. deal this guy he can't stop elite scorers anymore.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Finwë on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 pm

I thought he was one of the bright spots out there.
I'm not surprised he didn't do well against LeBron. 1) The Heat were getting away with illegal screens left and right. 2) Guys stats usually improve when the rim is guarded by Gasol. 3) MWP is at his best when he's playing strong players that like to generate contact, but who don't move that much, i.e. someone like Melo, who likes to post up and take one or two dribbles and shoot it over the top. LeBron's game isn't anything like that, he starts running at you from 7 feet behind the 3pt line, and that's not what MWP is great at defensively.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby thisbjgz on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:00 am

While he's no longer the elite defender he used to be, he can still stop the likes of other subpar all stars. He can't stop or slow down the Lebron's or KD's (but nobody can anyway) but he can contain the Rudy Gay's, Paul George, Paul Pierce, etc.
thisbjgz

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:03 am

That last play was just a straight up isolation vs Lebron, we really needed that stop

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 am

The Rock wrote:That last play was just a straight up isolation vs Lebron, we really needed that stop

and how do you stop an off balance shot off the dribble ?

Lebron got most of his basket from TOs and Pow Pow garbage defense as an anchor .

Metta did OK on Bron Bron
wcsoldier81

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:09 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
The Rock wrote:That last play was just a straight up isolation vs Lebron, we really needed that stop

and how do you stop an off balance shot off the dribble ?

Lebron got most of his basket from TOs and Pow Pow garbage defense as an anchor .

Metta did OK on Bron Bron

Ron is gotta defend him better seriously that last play is an iso, Iso defense is Ron's strength if hes getting scored on in that situation then he just cant help us anymore.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:59 am

Rock I'm sick of this bull**** campaign against Artest. It's LEBRON JAMES! NOBODY can stop LeBron James. Why don't you research who has kept him the most under control of his career? Why don't you find the solution then? Go find the guy that's better than Artest at guarding LeBron James. Seriously.

If Ron Artest isn't the answer, go find the guy that is. Go find the one that's available and able to stop LeBron James consistently. Every single time the face each other.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 am

Lebron fastbreak dunk off Laker TO

Lebron fastbreak dunk off Laker TO

Lebron dunk (MWP not in game)

Lebron dunk (MWP not in game)

Lebron makes two point shot (MWP not in the game)

Lebron makes layup (MWP not in the game)

Lebron makes two point shot (MWP not in the game)

Lebron's cheese dunk at the end of the game when no one was playing defense.

8/8 right there and MWP wasn't even in the equation.

9/17 the rest of the shots. Have to watch the game again to see if all those FG's were with MWP on him.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:57 am

Great players can be "limited " by team D , not by one individual ... I'm not sure how some fans still don't understand this ...

LBJ made most of his damages in transition and when Pau was playing the 5....
wcsoldier81

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:50 am

Ron is the team's designated defender, he lost weight, got fit blah blah blah and cant stay with PGs and SGs, fine. Then it became he cant guard guys coming off screens because hes too big. Fine. Now he cant guard guys in isolation. When are the excuses gonna end? Guys like Lebron and Durant are averaging in the high 20s, our desginated defender is supposed to make them work harder to get them not go well above the averages like they have (42, 39, 36) and do it shooting a high percentage with ease.

I still haven't seen a rebuttal to the last Miami sequence where LBJ converted a midrange 16 footer off Ron on a 1 on 1 situation. 1 on 1 defense is his forte thats what we lean on Ron for, if he cant get it done then whats the point?? Both Lebron and Durant got their season highs vs him this year

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Yes you f***ing have you just didn't read it. IT'S LEBRON JAMES! And he is fading to the wrong shoulder off balance! He hit a shot that great players hit!

He's the best player in the entire world right now. Why is that so hard to get?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:13 pm

I liked his play last night. He played hard & energetic. I thought he did a decent job on Lebron. IMO, Metta does a better job on Lebron defensively then KD; maybe it's just me. Both of those guys are superstars and are going to get their points either way.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Juronimo on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:18 pm

therealdeal wrote:Yes you f***ing have you just didn't read it. IT'S LEBRON JAMES! And he is fading to the wrong shoulder off balance! He hit a shot that great players hit!

He's the best player in the entire world right now. Why is that so hard to get?

I agree. Saying Ron is a bad defender for not being able to shut down Lebron James is like saying Bruce Bowen was a bad defender for not being able to shut down Kobe when he was in his prime. Superstars in their prime can't be shut down by anyone, especially with the rules that are in place right now.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Wow talk about twisting my words. I said SLOW them down. How about holding them to their averages? Wouldn't that help? Wouldn't that make a difference? How about making them work harder? and no that last shot Lebron just went straight to a spot pulled up and knocked it in without his dribble or shot being challenged. If hes just like any other player who simply cant slow down these guys then he needs to go, find younger legs who'll actually help. He made his open shots last night which was good but thats been hella inconsistent. Season highs by Durant and LBJ nuff said

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:30 pm

^^^ What are you talking about season highs?

Did you not read my post?

Is Lebron shooting 9/17 on Ron for ~20 points with free throws a season high for him?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:37 pm

^ when I say season high Im frustrated overall while hes guarding Durant as well. Last year in the playoffs we saw this too he scored on MWP in ISOs too (Dagger 3 in Game 4 for example). Same happened last night no screens nothing, a straight up iso that is the situation that is ideal for Ron that is what we hope opposing players and elite players go at him where we hope Ron comes out at the better end of it and he doesnt anymore. Theres just too many of those "Ron specialty" plays where hes not coming up with the needed stop. IF our players are being put in a situation which is of their strengths (ahem Pau in the post and the paint) and theyre not coming up on top enough times then we're flat out screwed

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:15 pm

:man10:

This is completely ludicrous! He can't put a dent in DURANT and LEBRON! He must be a bad defender??

You're smarter than this Rock. Seriously.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:06 pm

Let me put it this way, if Kobe posted up with the ball against CP3 and ended up not scoring, wouldn't we be upset since scoring in the post against smaller guards is one of Kobe's specialties? Even though CP3 is a perennial MVP candidate, an all star, one of the best players in the league, best PG in the last 3 years, amongst league leaders in steals, All Defensive team selections..knowing how great CP3 is when that kinda situation comes you want Kobe to come out on the better end of it. Thats how I feel when it comes to Ron in iso defensive situations against Lebron and Durant, its one on one, Ron hates screens he takes pride in his 1 on 1 defense in this kinda situation he thrives, he calls out players and coaches over twitter for using screens and calling them p****.

When Ron gets the situation he wants, a mano a mano play, I just wish he would force these guys to at least take harder contested shots, he cant even do that now. Its not easy for any NBA player to do that against Durant and Lebron but there is this expectation if anyone in the league can its Artest and he hasnt come thru so far in an isolation situation where his supposed ability to get stops at the right time should come into play

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Since when is posting up 6'6" KOBE BRYANT against 6'0" Chris Paul the same thing as LEBRON JAMES OFF THE DRIBBLE AGAINST RON ARTEST?

It's not even remotely in the same atmosphere. You're reaching and I don't know why you just can't admit that you're wrong about this.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Because each of our guys have a role. Rons rol is designated defender of the other team primary scorers. And hes not fulfilling that role in an adequate manner imo.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion