Postby The Rock on Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:50 pm

gonna see Ron live in Jimmy Kimmel monday :jam2: :jam2:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: Ron Artest Appreciation Thread

Postby borri on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:26 pm

therealdeal wrote:Luol Deng :

16.4 PPG 9 RPG 1.5 APG 44.8% FG (including last night)

Last night : 6 PTS 6 REB. 0 ASST. 2 TO 3-11 FGs ( 27%).

That was a defensive CLINIC that Artest put on Deng that night. It was awesome to watch. Just awesome.

Reminiscent of Kobe's defense on Lebron last year at Staples. :bow: :bow:
borri

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:32 pm

borri wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Luol Deng :

16.4 PPG 9 RPG 1.5 APG 44.8% FG (including last night)

Last night : 6 PTS 6 REB. 0 ASST. 2 TO 3-11 FGs ( 27%).

That was a defensive CLINIC that Artest put on Deng that night. It was awesome to watch. Just awesome.

Reminiscent of Kobe's defense on Lebron last year at Staples. :bow: :bow:

Kobe finally got the Pippen to his Jordan.

This will likely ensure better health and a prolonged career for Kobe. I'm grateful for the Laker management for making this happen. Best lock-down defensive player (Artest) and best player in bball(Kobe) on the same team. This is ridiculous. haha
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby kray28 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:11 pm

11/22/09: Lost in the shuffle of behind the backboard circus shots and sick tomahawk dunks was Ron Artest's complete shutdown of Kevin Durant for the second time this season.
kray28

Postby 100%effort on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Ron Ron's D was top notch once again. KD didn't score a single point until Ron sat down.
100%effort

Postby TT24 on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Ron has been great for us. Thank God he's in LA.
TT24

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:51 pm

This is why I and so many Laker fans have been dreaming about somehow getting Ron on this team. It's just incredible to have this guy here. Again, another defensive clinic on Durant.

We are very lucky to have this guy here finally. The most amazing thing to me is that we didn't have to give up Lamar to get him either.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:05 pm

It was hilarious that the second Artest was summoned to the bench for a breather...Brooks was shuffling in Durant A-S-F'N-P! Durant managed to score on two straight possessions. Other than his obvious strong defensive outing, Artest also made some really nice interior passes to Bynum and Gasol for scores. What was that again about The Ronald would be pining for his shots according to the detractors?
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

If I say that Ron is in the extremely early running for DPOY does that still make me a homer? When you're shutting down the SF of almost every team you play that has to count for something.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Weezy wrote:If I say that Ron is in the extremely early running for DPOY does that still make me a homer? When you're shutting down the SF of almost every team you play that has to count for something.

Nah...not homerism at all. In the end though, Howard would win that IMO. Artest should make First Team All Defense along with that 24 guy.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:19 pm

ron artest - 2
kevin durant - 0
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:32 pm

gcclaker wrote:
Weezy wrote:If I say that Ron is in the extremely early running for DPOY does that still make me a homer? When you're shutting down the SF of almost every team you play that has to count for something.

Nah...not homerism at all. In the end though, Howard would win that IMO. Artest should make First Team All Defense along with that 24 guy.

This. Without putting up some sort of impressive stat (3 blocks or 3 steals a game, etc.) it's hard to win that award.

His defense so far this season though has been incredible. Durant had a rough night of it and the majority of his made shots were when Ron wasn't on him.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:39 pm

Was Ron putting up a stat like that the one time he won it before? I don't really follow the award closely and see the stats of those who win it, but I have to think if you are seen shutting down the guy you guard every game you are in the running for the award.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:43 pm

Weezy wrote:Was Ron putting up a stat like that the one time he won it before? I don't really follow the award closely and see the stats of those who win it, but I have to think if you are seen shutting down the guy you guard every game you are in the running for the award.

Well from what I remember watching the analysts talking about it, they always seem to mention something of that sort.

As for Ron being in that discussion? I doubt it. He's not going to get a whole lot of love at this point in his career outside of LA. Being Laker fans, we get to see it every night, but I don't think the rest of the league has really taken notice of it yet.

I'm with gcc on the idea of him getting a first team all defense vote. I just don't think he can win DPOY.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:57 pm

The year Artest won it in 2004 the runner up was Ben Wallace. That was the year before The Incident at The Palace if I'm correct. Howard with his shotblocking and rebounding while being recognized as the best center in The League will get most of the ink. Of course being "personable with a cleaner image" helps...nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

You really can't measure the effort in ball denial, bodying up on your cover, anticipating their moves...all the while not having any help. Artest has to cover 2s and 3s...the positions of the most talented swingmen in The League. The ONLY factor that can render him useless defensively are whistles from the zebras.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:16 am

I get what you guys are saying and I agree. But I do think that as the year goes on with the number of nationally televised games we have and with us being a top team he will get more notice. If he gives Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, and LeBron fits he will get noticed.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:08 am

^ I'm really looking forward to seeing Ron D-up against those guys.

Another night of spectacular defense from Artest. As a team, we played great D overall ... OKC only shot 37% for the game.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:55 am

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby UncLaker on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:36 am

:bow: 2 words Da------yuuuuuuuum!! go Ron Ron!!
UNC Lakers

Mitch Kupchak,Bob McAdoo, James Worthy, Rick Fox, Sam Perkins,
JR Reid, Shammond Williams,George Lynch, Charlie Scott,
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_North_Carolina_players_went_to_the_NBA_dont_forget_Brandon_Wright

"that guy has the best NO PASS look in the game today"
"If ya dont practice Defense, You cant practice winning"

"Antawn Jamison in Purple and Gold please"
UncLaker

Postby BDG on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:42 am

Cachooka thank you for making a Ron Artest defensive highlight again. I absolutely love re-watching this stuff in that format.

And us fans can use it to lobby for Artest for DPOY. :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:54 am

Stu: Kevin Durant is going to see Ron Artest in his dreams tonight and it's going to be a nightmare just like it is right now.

haha
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby d.James on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:33 am

gcclaker wrote:The year Artest won it in 2004 the runner up was Ben Wallace. That was the year before The Incident at The Palace if I'm correct. Howard with his shotblocking and rebounding while being recognized as the best center in The League will get most of the ink. Of course being "personable with a cleaner image" helps...nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

You really can't measure the effort in ball denial, bodying up on your cover, anticipating their moves...all the while not having any help. Artest has to cover 2s and 3s...the positions of the most talented swingmen in The League. The ONLY factor that can render him useless defensively are whistles from the zebras.

What you said is true, but you're talking about the wrong player.

2007 NBA Finals: 32-90 (.356), 5.5 Turnovers.

2005 NBA Finals: 49-127 (.386).
Last edited by d.James on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby borri on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 am

ROFL...poor Durant. I felt bad for him. It seemed as if Durant was wearing a cape around his neck...but it wasn't a cape...it was Artest.

Durant was pawned. Simple as that.

Artest :bow: :bow:
borri

Postby JSM on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:34 am

No one has played better man-man D this season. I still find myself getting surprised when he locked up Durant or Deng like this. I'm not sure why though. I knew what type of D he's played over the years and what he's capable on that end of the floor. But I still find myself pleasantly surprised when he breaks out the old stamp and puts "property of Ron Artest" on the SF of virtually every team we've played so far.

Unless I'm missing it, he's not getting much national recognition for it though. Maybe it's too early. I don't think he has a shot at DPOY, I think Dwight already has that locked up. But I will be disappointed if he's not runner up.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby KobeFoThree on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:23 pm

lol the kids over at realgm still think ron is a non-factor for us. they couldn't be any more wrong.
8 + 24 > 23 + 6
KobeFoThree

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion