MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: suspended 1 game without pay

Postby kobebryant248 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:38 am

so i whonder if he can bring it against a elite team. today vs clippers would be good to show it that he still can be a factor vs a good team. but i doubt it. i don t think that he willhave have a good game tonight. it s a complete different thing to have a good game vs a scrub team like phoenix or a good team like the clippers. so once again i hope he has a good game but i don t think he will have a good game vs clippers tonight but we will see.time to show off mwp
kobebryant248

Postby KB24 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:02 am

he can be a factor...for losing.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:46 am

Don't forget Metta bad defense against Ginger in the 2nd half of last game ... he was playing him close instead of giving him some cushion and the open J ...

We'll see how he will do tonight
wcsoldier81

Postby LooN3y on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:53 am

ron will be fine, he just needs to get out of his funk and start pissing the opponents with physical D

but god i wish he dishes out sometimes, it seems like hes busting a space cadet, shooting his way out of his funk
LooN3y

Postby John3:16 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:54 am

Every time I look at the thread title I get excited, thinking he's out for the next game. and then reality sets in.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Outside Metta World Peace's home, real cops confront fake gunmen

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-0222-lakers-world-peace-20130222%2c0%2c7253452.story

"At first when I seen the police, I was like, 'What the hell is going on?'' World Peace said. "I just got finished watching 'Zero Dark Thirty' or whatever that movie is. I'm like, 'I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming. Is there a terrorist in the building? Do y'all need my help?'"

What a character

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Re: MWPeace Discussion: greets cops in cookie monster PJs (p181)

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:54 pm

can this guy guard any one with any type of talent anymore? its unfortunate for us the league elites have such solid wing players and we have MWP :freak2:
khmrP

Postby jOeyB7000 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Juronimo wrote:Outside Metta World Peace's home, real cops confront fake gunmen

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-0222-lakers-world-peace-20130222%2c0%2c7253452.story

"At first when I seen the police, I was like, 'What the hell is going on?'' World Peace said. "I just got finished watching 'Zero Dark Thirty' or whatever that movie is. I'm like, 'I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming. Is there a terrorist in the building? Do y'all need my help?'"

What a character

LOL

"Do ya'll need my help?"

:man10:
jOeyB7000

Postby Elle on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:36 pm

I read that yesterday! Only in Metta's head would that be a logical question, yes Metta,the LAPD needs your help to catch a terrorist *snort* and Cookie Monster pjs? I think I want him to be my BFF.
Elle

Postby escobar8 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:20 pm

again some idiotic rushed shots...but he played great D...he deserved praises...
escobar8

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 pm

That possession where he literally dribbled the entire time and then was called for 5 seconds back to the basket...

Ugh.

But he made up for it with a steal and an and-one. Then followed it up with a foul *cough* defensive stop out of bounds. :man10:

But seriously it's about time that went in our favor. I feel like that rule is almost always biting us in the butt.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:27 pm

The 5 second rule is a joke. Even when it was introduced back in the early 90's, it was something of an eye roller. It's even more dated now that zones are allowed. The NBA should just remove it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:29 pm

revgen wrote:The 5 second rule is a joke. Even when it was introduced back in the early 90's, it was something of an eye roller. It's even more dated now that zones are allowed. The NBA should just remove it.

Well for that particular play Metta had already turned and faced once, so it wasn't even the correct call. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 pm

MWP 4-9 FG this game, I take it good game Ron
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 pm

revgen wrote:The 5 second rule is a joke. Even when it was introduced back in the early 90's, it was something of an eye roller. It's even more dated now that zones are allowed. The NBA should just remove it.

Honestly it is a stupid rule. So arbitrary to me
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby borri on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:

Honestly it is a stupid rule. So arbitrary to me

You all came blame Chucky for that rule. Remembering how offenses can look prior to the rule......it's a good rule.
borri

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:13 am

good rule bad call
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Called this months ago, huge red flag to see him your 5th best player being your 2nd best player its gonna get to his head and it has. Some of his decision making was just ridiculous, its not like he was taking shots from ball movement, he just takes bad shots and to top it off he just sits in the corner instead of moving without the ball and making himself open & creating passing avenues. Defensively he got away with that foul on Dirk but otherwise he did well in the 4th

This is just beyond unacceptable from Jim and Mitch, MWP has never looked any worse than he has right now & yet hes playing more minutes than he ever has any any point in his Laker career...36 minutes tonight. Just so frustrating that we dont have a backup SF to give up some 6-8 quality minutes. Can they let Ebanks loose now please hes been in the dog house 2 months now it cant hurt.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Offensively he's D League material ... defensively he can guard PFs effectively but can't guard perimeter players at all anymore
wcsoldier81

Postby KB24 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:50 pm

needs to get axed in the off-season.

Hurts the team too much on offense to justify playing time. I know other players with solid D and crap O but at least they don't take a shot every time they touch the ball.

If you suck on O...its OK as long as you don't take dumb shots. Artest is clearly a liability and his D is so-so which means he needs to be axed...amnesty, trade, whatever.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby themasterphil on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Ebanks cant be this bad...no chance. MDA need to move this cancer on the bench and try with some minutes with Ebanks, I know he is bad also, but he cant be that bad...
themasterphil

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:59 pm

no, i think ebanks really is that bad.

really bad game today, but mwp had some defensive moments. can't deliver only 1 point on 0-6 shooting on offense though, that's bum territory.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Juronimo on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:10 pm

KB24 wrote:needs to get axed in the off-season.

Hurts the team too much on offense to justify playing time. I know other players with solid D and crap O but at least they don't take a shot every time they touch the ball.

If you suck on O...its OK as long as you don't take dumb shots. Artest is clearly a liability and his D is so-so which means he needs to be axed...amnesty, trade, whatever.

His D has not been soso, his defense has been excellent. He played great D on Dirk, Dirk is a hall of famer that made tough shots. He also had to guard OJ Mayo who wasn't a significant factor in this game. Ron played a fantastic game defensively. I really have no idea what games you guys are watching.

The Rock wrote:Called this months ago, huge red flag to see him your 5th best player being your 2nd best player its gonna get to his head and it has. Some of his decision making was just ridiculous, its not like he was taking shots from ball movement, he just takes bad shots and to top it off he just sits in the corner instead of moving without the ball and making himself open & creating passing avenues. Defensively he got away with that foul on Dirk but otherwise he did well in the 4th

This is just beyond unacceptable from Jim and Mitch, MWP has never looked any worse than he has right now & yet hes playing more minutes than he ever has any any point in his Laker career...36 minutes tonight. Just so frustrating that we dont have a backup SF to give up some 6-8 quality minutes. Can they let Ebanks loose now please hes been in the dog house 2 months now it cant hurt.

Well he did what he's supposed to do and he's done what he's done all season which is play excellent defense. He had a poor offensive game but he did his job which is defense. You guys are putting way too much emphasis on offensive performance. Ebanks already has his chance but he's proven to be an indifferent player with D league level talent. And bashing Jim and Mitch, as if they can just pull out trades out of thin air makes even less sense.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby The Rock on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 pm

^ In today's NBA you cant play 36 minutes and give 1 point, youre hurting your team, other defenses (better team defenses) will exploit that and make us go 4 on 5 and stay home on the rest of the team. Even though he brings it defensively hes not excellent at it, he got away with a foul on Dirk and then he gave up a 3 point play late in the game when thats the last thing we need. He gets his stops and deflections here & there but his negatives are trumping his positives right now. Im not saying Jim and Mitch pull rotation players out of thin air but get some bodies on the team when you have an open spot who can fit MDA's rotation and offer 6-8 mins of relief...Mo Evans, Quentin Richardson, Michael Redd, CDR, Rodney Carney, Renaldo Balkman....just look at Dallas today they signed some dude of the street whos like at the end of the bench, Mike James his skills fit what Dallas does and he played great in the 4th Q tonight when Collison didnt have it going tonight. We need someone like that instead of heavily depending on an aging, declining MWP

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Ron has always gotten a pass because of his fire and energy, but at some point not producing needs to warrant a change. It's a shame we don't have ANYONE who can take minutes away from him (Ebanks is not an NBA player as far as I'm concerned).
JoelMyersScrotalSack

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion