MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: too sexy for his cat (198)

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:25 pm

The missed dunk was so dumb, but can't really criticize much of his game tonight, he played with great effort, play the post very well, great D.
Can't minimize the fact that he's recovering from a serious injury. Props again, Metta.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:40 pm

I can't believe a guy that had knee surgery like 3 weeks ago drove and dunked on 2 guys,, and almost did it again later. Overall I thought his energy was good too, and he was vocal out there directing guys.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:44 pm

unreal what hes doing after surgery. or whats hes at leasat trying to do. thats mental strength to not even think about the injury. that dunk at the end was awesome even though he missed...simply bc he tried to do it.
Ariza3

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Weezy wrote:I can't believe a guy that had knee surgery like 3 weeks ago drove and dunked on 2 guys,, and almost did it again later. Overall I thought his energy was good too, and he was vocal out there directing guys.

Me neither. Pretty crazy. Well, Too Sexy brought the energy tonight for sure.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:19 am

Great leadership from him last night and yes that's weird to say.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:27 pm

The Rock wrote:that dunk attempt at the end :man10:

I was :man10: too, but was made at him for not running more time off the clock
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Who knew tearing your meniscus and playing on it prematurely gives you an extra 8 inch vertical.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby TylerCaviar on Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Who knew tearing your meniscus and playing on it prematurely gives you an extra 8 inch vertical.

The Lakers are my drug of choice.
TylerCaviar

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 15m
Metta World Peace said if man can go to the moon, the Lakers can win a championship as a 7th seed
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:22 pm

What happened to him in the 2nd half :man3: , another MDA classic
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Jamison was playing pretty well on both ends. Glad he kept him in. Sucks that Metta didnt play but glad MDA stuck with what was working. Metta needs the rest anyways
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Metta World Peace says, in so many words, Gregg Popovich could coach "The Golden Girls" to victory.
As a result of Wednesday's win over the Rockets, the Lakers secured the seven-seed, along with a first round matchup against a struggling, aching Spurs squad. To some, this may constitute a lucky break, but Metta World Peace isn't buying this narrative. After insisting the Spurs are "great," a reporter noted how they could be potentially vulnerable right now. Immediately, MWP interrupted and disagreed.

"Not when you got Popovich," insisted MWP. "Uh, uh, uh, uh! Popovich is amazing. I'm telling you right now. That coach is something else. I mean, I just know. He draws up plays. That coach is something else.

"He can have five old ladies after they ate 14 boxes of chocolate chip cookies, he'll put them on the court and they'll win. That's how good Popovich is."

And after that win, those ladies would look at Pop and say, "Thank you for being a friend."

:man10: :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:34 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:What happened to him in the 2nd half :man3: , another MDA classic

Jamison helped big time with his scoring while MWP was bricking everything. Defensively its not like MWP was doing any better than Jamison.
khmrP

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:36 pm

:man10:

Someone please upload MWP's presser. Him talking about wanting another "thing thing" (trophy) was hilarious
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Could have been in for useless Meeks
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:48 pm

I'm fine with not overplaying him coming back off surgery. The only play I was like "why is MWP not out there" was the last play of regulation. I believe Meeks was on Harden while the ball was being inbounded and I was practically yelling at the tv "why isn't that Metta?!"
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:23 am

I thought we could have used him to close the 4th quarter, but hey who knows? Our defense ended up being fine without him.

I know I'd rather have him on the floor than Jodie in the playoffs though. I thought he played a solid game. He didn't stop Harden, but he made him work hard. I liked it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:16 am

Weezy wrote:I'm fine with not overplaying him coming back off surgery. The only play I was like "why is MWP not out there" was the last play of regulation. I believe Meeks was on Harden while the ball was being inbounded and I was practically yelling at the tv "why isn't that Metta?!"

Same here, I thought we could have used him defensively on that last play. It didn't seem it bothered him though, as he was up and cheering for his teammates.
XXIV

Postby denimPortugal on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:31 pm

After the Lakers beat the Houston Rockets to slide into the seventh seed, Metta World Peace talked about when he found out about Utah's loss, which allowed the Lakers to secure a playoff spot. Plus, Metta compares the Lakers making the championship to a man walking on the moon.

:man10:
denimPortugal

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:46 pm

Just bleeping BALL Metta and stop with the space cadet interviews. I honestly was disappointed with his inability to even give an answer to what he or the team was feeling or would be dealing with, the night Kobe ruptured his achilles. It was like where was his schtick to lean on. He couldn't just say how he felt. Whatever, just Ball now and don't become a problem if Dan thinks Antawn or Easy Earl has the hot hand or is what is needed in the matchups in the 4th quarter.

P.S. Because Kobe will be making these decisions now anyway and we've all seen him rip you a new one on the floor when you need it. Just effing BALL and play smart.... and huge props to you for coming back in unheard of time after getting scoped. :bow: :jam2: :bow: :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby gcclaker on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:23 pm

therealdeal wrote:I thought we could have used him to close the 4th quarter, but hey who knows? Our defense ended up being fine without him.

I know I'd rather have him on the floor than Jodie in the playoffs though. I thought he played a solid game. He didn't stop Harden, but he made him work hard. I liked it.

World Peace looked to have been subbed in the second because the offense was stagnant. Jamison scored well while Meeks was stil a threat. Yes, he did make Harden work for his points in the second when Coach Hee Haw made the switch.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:32 pm

gcclaker wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I thought we could have used him to close the 4th quarter, but hey who knows? Our defense ended up being fine without him.

World Peace looked to have been subbed in the second because the offense was stagnant. Jamison scored well while Meeks was stil a threat. Yes, he did make Harden work for his points in the second when Coach Hee Haw made the switch.

Yeah I remember. Offensively he wasn't getting anything done, but defensively he was doing a pretty fine job on Harden. It's a catch-22 with him. That's kind of why we need a new SF.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:19 pm

He's going to be important in the SA series. I like the matchup between him and Manu. I think it could favor Metta positively. We also need his physicality, experience, & toughness. I sure hope he rediscovers his shot from the 3-point line. That would benefit us tremedously.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Hitting his shots at good % or not, Metta needs to be in the game more minutes. A bull in a china shop on offense but hey he can create things often enough and we need the physicality and fearlessness out there. Not shrinking violets.
LTLakerFan

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:54 am

He didn't shoot well at all last game and hasn't been for awhile. I would try to get him going in the post against Leonard. Metta is too big & strong and can possibly create easy opportunities for himself and potentially get Leonard in foul trouble. We need his scoring this series.
dwighthowardsdad

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion