MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Strained left knee (192)

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:25 pm

this season has just been injury after injury after injury
Ariza3

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:26 pm

Just one more blow in a season of getting pummeled by injuries. If he plays with it, good for him, if he can't, I won't be upset, do what's best for the knee I say, we're going nowhere with or without him. If he's out this all it means is we miss his effort, occasionally great defense, and we'll be seeing more 3 guard lineups because the alternative is Ebanks. :hurl:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 pm

The injuries this year are unreal. Duhon and Sacre might be the only healthy Lakers at this point.

Really tough break for Ron. He plays through a lot, but not sure he can return from this before the two month timeframe. He initially said 1.5 weeks and then later deleted that tweet. He'd be even worse if he came back hobbled. At the same time, it's tough to think that is how his season ends and he doesn't even get a chance to battle with the team in the post season (assuming we get there). Hope to see him back as soon as he's able and ready.

As for the opting out news -- if there's anyone in the NBA who does the unexpected, we should know by now that MWP is the guy. He loves the city, the community, and the team. I think he wants to retire a Laker. Even though he still jacks up shots as though he's a number one option out there from time to time, I think he does understand he doesn't have great value on the open market right now. He's not going to get paid, but could get a much cheaper, long term deal that would ensure he retires in purple and gold. I'd love that. Cause even with the missed shots, his effort on D and his defensive coordinating abilities have been huge. Let's not forget that with the 25,000 injuries we've had this year, he's the only guy we have who's been able to play and defend every position on a MDA squad. Also even if Kobe gives him the death stare, there is no one he'd rather go into battle with cause he's the only other Laker that lays it all on the line EVERY single night. If he'll come back for cheap and come off the bench, that would be huge for us.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Just seriously unbelievable. I've never heard of anything like this...

What are we being punished for exactly? Where is all this negative karma coming from?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:19 pm

done & done. thanks for the good times metta.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Sounds like he will be out a pretty good amount of time, he was our best perimeter defender. Oh well...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby TheOp on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Not that I wish injury on anyone, but Metta not playing is a good thing for us. We at least get rid of 1 black hole on offense.
TheOp

Postby JSM on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:24 pm

Everyone does understand this means more PT for Clark and Pau, correct? Right now, they both make MWP look like an all-star
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:46 pm

JSM wrote:Everyone does understand this means more PT for Clark and Pau, correct? Right now, they both make MWP look like an all-star

well this is more proof that the front office should have signed another wing defender to that wasted roster spot.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby jlkr on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:36 am

Darius Soriano over on Forum Blue and Gold writes the following about MWP:

Darius Soriano wrote:Beyond the minutes, though, Ron’s also been an underrated performer in terms of how his on court performance has translated to team success. When Ron is on the floor, the Lakers’ offensive efficiency is 5.1 points better than when he’s on the bench. On defense, he has a similar impact as the team’s defensive efficiency is 4.8 points better when he’s on the floor than when he’s on the bench. These splits — especially on defense — are some of the best on the team and represent a player who clearly impacts team performance even if he’s had his ups and downs as an individual performer.

Lakers will miss him for sure.

Regarding lateral meniscus tears, sure it may be possible to play on it, just be prepared for the pain. I tore mine but I thought it was a sprain and ended up getting by on it for two and a half years, mostly overseas. During which time the pain was intermittent. Then the pain finally became bad enough that I got the MRI which showed the damage. The resulting operation put me on the injured list for 4 months, but the recovery was 100%. The doctor explained these things do not heal on their own; he cut my tear out, that is the typical procedure. Official name of the procedure pretty much says it all: menisectomy.

So the doctor in LA will do the evaluation: the critical question being does MWP risk further damage by playing on it? Because if MWP has surgery, he is definitely done for the season. But if they can put it off til after the end of the season, then he can be fully recovered before training camp.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:19 am

Anyone who thinks Metta NOT playing is good for us is fooling themselves.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:29 am

therealdeal wrote:Anyone who thinks Metta NOT playing is good for us is fooling themselves.

because there is nobody behind him in the rotation ... has little to do with Metta level of play
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 am

^ Not really. Look at the post right above mine.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nickvanexel on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:08 am

Metta is the only player capable of playing showtime (of sorts) this season. :man9:

I'd miss his antics, his D and his glances of brillance.
nickvanexel

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:09 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Anyone who thinks Metta NOT playing is good for us is fooling themselves.

because there is nobody behind him in the rotation ... has little to do with Metta level of play

it has everything to do with Mettas play. He has been our biggest energy guy and our best defender pretty much all year plus our most consistent player. Yes he also has been horrid on offense too many times to count this year but fans shouldn't be so easy to deminish what he brings.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby John3:16 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:32 am

I cringe everytime Ron shoots, but yes, we're gonna miss him. A lot.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 am

Terrible news. As most of us here said, injuries were the thing we were most concerned about that could derail our season and that has absolutely been the case. We've been snake bitten since nearly the beginning of the season and it's never really let up. We get one guy back and then someone else goes down.

Losing MWP is actually one of the worst things that can happen to us. We have no one at the three. I really dislike Clark at the 3 - he's too big, he's not a shooter, he's not quick enough. Until he got hurt he was doing great at the 4 which is where he belongs. If this means minutes for Ebanks I think we are in real trouble. Well, we're in real trouble now period.

I can't see MWP being able to play this year with a meniscus tear. Two of my friends have had them and it's a pretty serious injury for basketball.

I feel bad for MWP and for us. We're basically screwed. Ron was the only guy who played consistent D for us. Without him I don't even know . . . capping off a terrible year with more bad news.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:02 am

Jodie is starting tonight

https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/316953285909159936

Mike D'Antoni says he's not optimistic that Metta World Peace returns before end of regular season. Jodie Meeks starts tonight vs. Minny.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 am

According to his brother, Daniel Artest on LG

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=159294&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50
Surgery set for tomorow. Looks like its gonna be a six week thing. I picked him up from the airport today. Really limping bad. Says its not painful like he thought it was gonna be. We at the dr office now and he's in a positive vibe. Just trying to focus on the solution, not the problem. He is itching to get back. I'll keep y'all REAL fans updated. Peace.

We probably saw the last of Ron Artest in a Laker uniform :man5:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 am

GAWDDAMN!

What did the Lakers do to the Basketball God's?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby gcclaker on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:01 am

Bryant has said that World Peace is the one teammate he can count on that will bring the intensity every game...every play. Now who steps up?
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:48 am

Meh whatever. Not a deal breaker for this team in anyway and if we start sucking it won't be because of his injury, it just means we suck.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:50 am

“@LakersReporter: Meeks to start in place of @MettaWorldPeace (knee) tonight. LAL were +3.4 w/MWP in & -5.3 w/him sitting, the best of any Laker.”

this is prob the worst injury of the team bc theres no one who can fill his void. dude may not put up the numbers everynight but he had his games but every night he gave it his all and was the only one who wouldnt back down to anyone. that nastiness is needed and when you go against lebron durant melo etc mwp was always giving them his all. you could always count on him. we wont go anywhere in the playoffs without him guaranteed. if he misses significant time like 6 weeks were done. it sucks but its true
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:32 pm

No offense to Ron but just like Pau he doesn't help much when it comes to transition defense, hes slow footed, we have more mobile players on the court right now. Sure he plays with more intensity and a defensive mind but it hasn't translated consistently on the court. Kobe at SF > Metta at SF, this allows more shooting on the floor with Blake/Nash/Meeks getting more minutes at PG/SG. 3 poitn shooting, mobility in transition defense, decision making has been one of the bigger problems on the team. I think just like when Pau was gone we we're gonna start winning games again. Hopefully we see less of Pau on the floor hes still a problem nonetheless

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Howard, Nash, Gasol, Kobe, now Metta? The hell.

Did we include the 2012-13 season in the Kwame for Pau deal?
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion