MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: greets cops in cookie monster PJs (p181)

Postby Tobias Funke on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:09 pm

As I said before, he's right up there as one of the most entertaining players in the league.....very often not in a good way.

Honestly on that charge I literally burst out laughing. We all knew what was coming as soon as he touched the ball.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:As I said before, he's right up there as one of the most entertaining players in the league.....very often not in a good way.

Honestly on that charge I literally burst out laughing. We all knew what was coming as soon as he touched the ball.

Grade-A functioning retard
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:12 pm

There is not reason whatsoever as to why he should of played 40 minutes tonight. Clark likes to run and gun, but at least he takes shots within the flow of the offense and doesn't try to be a gosh damn hero every time he touches the ball.

MDA needs to grow some balls and bench him when he goes into dumba** mode.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:24 pm

clark needs more minutes and metta less. clark came in and had a dunk 2 steals and a 3 in like less than 5 minutes.
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Peace OUT! as in get the F out next season :bang: sorry just my opinion dont have to all agree but he does more harm than good out there more often than not.
khmrP

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm just tired of the inconsistency. Sometimes, you have games like Ron performed in Indiana where he was so instrumental in getting our best win of the season. Then you have games or even possessions where you wonder what he's thinking.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 am

Tobias Funke wrote:As I said before, he's right up there as one of the most entertaining players in the league.....very often not in a good way.

The forced shot-rebound- assist to Meeks was hilarious ...
wcsoldier81

Postby gradymac on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 am

ughhh im so frustrated with metta i cant stand to see this guy play another minute for us. in a perfect world we could just bench metta for the rest of the season and have jamison start, being backed up by the ebanks we saw last season in game 82 vs okc. That ain't happening so im just counting the days until this piece of trash is amnestied
gradymac

Postby charvin on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:12 am

I think for all the defensive steals he nets us, is certainly outweighed for each boneheaded mistake he makes on offense. At this point, I would certainly take a slightly inferior defender, but is more controlled on the offensive end.

If it's one game,it's an anomaly and we'd all be fine with that, but when you make these mistakes on an ongoing basis and don't think there's anything wrong then....
charvin

Postby Finwë on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:02 pm

We just can't catch a ****ing break:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 29s
Metta World Peace is doubtful to return after suffering a sprained left knee.

Correction:

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 1m
Metta World Peace's left knee is STRAINED, not sprained. A strain occurs from injury to muscle or tendon, not ligaments.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Strained left knee (192)

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 9m
D'Antoni said Metta World Peace "is really hurting." D'Antoni added, "'He said he felt fluid in the back of his knee."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Two claps for no SF's if MWP is out for any length of time.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 pm

MWP is giving a strange locker room interview, even for him. Didn't really answer any questions, asked about the knee "you have to ask Gary", asked about the game "you have to ask Coach".
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 pm

well if he can't play all the people in the thread that wanted him exiled from the team. Well now the wish may come true. As for me I'm like :bang:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby dj vitus on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:00 pm

Lol, wow I called it yesterday. Though it's unfortunate that I'm not even surprised. :freak2: Clark and Meeks, you're next in line to get hurt.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby The Rock on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:02 pm

we dont really need him this week if he wants to rest so be it...we play Minnesota who's he gonna guard? Lol. Then we play in Milwaukee who's he gonna guard? Monta Ellis or Brandon Jennings? Lol

Not saying that MWP is not that important but looking at the matchups we dont really need him this week

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Do they call up Raja Bell even though he isn't eligible for the playoffs? We do still have to MAKE the playoffs..
lakersin4

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:18 pm

man of course. another injury. pretty much the only starter who hadnt missed a game due to injury...only one was from suspension. right when he was healthier too...getting to the rim and actually getting lift on his shots. sucks after all hes been through the past few years with injuries and still not saying a word and going out there and battling without excuses.
Ariza3

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:29 pm

I wonder how long he'll be out for now. This has been one of the more perplexing seasons I've ever been associated with this Lakers team...injury after injury.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:41 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 9m
D'Antoni said Metta World Peace "is really hurting." D'Antoni added, "'He said he felt fluid in the back of his knee."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Two claps for no SF's if MWP is out for any length of time.

Doc, I guess it's time to update your malady list. :bang:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Herm24 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:43 pm

We need to Clark to step up real bad ... He's disappeared the last 7 games
Herm24

Postby karacha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:05 am

Earl Clark, while Pau continues to start. We're in trouble now.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby themasterphil on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:14 am

I really dont care about his injury or his absence....if you ask me i hope 1st half in Oakland was his last in laker uniform....he is terrible out there and after WAS game i lost every faith in his game, he is finished ...he cant make shots, his IQ is same as Smush Parker and he is slow like crap( read no defense), so do we really need him. BIG NO. So i think they need to give him rest time until his contract expired
themasterphil

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:47 am

In a move that would be so Metta World Peace, Metta World Peace is not ruling out the possibility of terminating his contract after the season against all logic, telling NBA.com he would consider the move in the summer if it meant he could remain with the Lakers longer. NBA.com

World Peace has a player option for 2013-14, the final year of his contract, at $7.7 million. He said his agent, Marc Cornstein, will approach the Lakers about an extension, but that will be a very short conversation unless the 33-year-old small forward is willing to take a severe pay cut. And it may be short no matter what.

But would he take a pay cut to help make it happen? “It’s too early to say those types of things right now,” he said Monday night at Oracle Arena, where the Warriors beat the Lakers 109-103. “It’s too early to say. I don’t know what the Lakers are thinking. I don’t know what anybody’s thinking. I don’t even know what other teams think. I don’t know what’s going on because I haven’t told my agent, ‘Hey, go out there and ask around’ and things like that. I don’t know what anybody’s thinking at this point in time. I just try to keep my game. I’m playing at a good level.”

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#oz5BOMdVhImfi6ae.99

Please MWP go crazy one more time, terminate your contract and sign for 2 years at 1.5 million per. Then you can remain a Laker, but come off the bench.
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 am

I agree, few more years off the bench to add some depth, super cheap.

But we absolutely need to replace Pau with a starter 3, someone younger and athletic and get some guard depth maybe.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:48 am

I fully believe Ron values being on the Lakers more than making money. He might be a knucklehead on the court, but it's pretty clear he actually enjoys being a part of the Lakers.

That would be huge going forward if MWP took a small deal like that, just to stay on the team. We could save our amnesty for Pau (If we can't trade him) or Blake (If we can't trade him).
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion