MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: Metta World Peace Discussion

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:44 pm

The Original 81 wrote:Big Don Ron looking quick and agile out there. I think he's motivated as hell, especially considering he's the forgotten one of the starting five.

And he's totally underrated in NBA 2K13.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIET, "BIG DON RON™" has finally caught on. :man1:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:59 pm

Hard work pays off, Metta is an inspiration. His game is showing just how hard he has worked this off-season...major respect.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:21 am

looks good so far!

22pts (9-16 FG) in the 2 games.
Ariza3

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:25 am

I almost feel like MWP has taken the whole "Fantastic Four" thing personally and is looking to remind folks that our starting lineup is in fact a "Fab Five".
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:52 am

i love his post game interviews or any of his interviews. he looks so happy now that hes healthy and can play like hes capable of. i love it..ill take 12 pts (6-10 FG) any night from him! :jam2:
Ariza3

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:36 am

At this rate he'll overtake Pau as part of our Big 4.
nthydro

Postby revgen on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:39 am

He doesn't look as spry as he was in Indiana, but he looks like he's physically back to where he was when he played for the Rockets.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby kray28 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:43 am

He looks really good out there...I think a lot of it has to do with him being in top shape. The fatigue from the earlier practice affected him less than the other guys.
kray28

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:00 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:Big Don Ron looking quick and agile out there. I think he's motivated as hell, especially considering he's the forgotten one of the starting five.

And he's totally underrated in NBA 2K13.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIET, "BIG DON RON™" has finally caught on. :man1:

:man1: I love that nickname, I remember you using it a few times and it caught my eye.

As for 2K13, Ron's on ball defense rating is lower than Matt Barnes. At face value that's kind of ridiculous.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby JSM on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:47 pm

[quote=" Brian Kamenetzky of ESPN "]
5. Metta World Peace isn't the guy he was in last year's training camp, and that's a great thing.

MWP, by his own admission, is in much better physical condition this year than last, and it shows. The speed with which he's getting up the floor, and more important his mobility coming back the other way, is outstanding. He chased down a few plays Saturday, the highlight coming when he ripped the ball from Utah's Gordon Hayward at the basket in transition, forcing the ball out of bounds. (And just to prove chivalry isn't dead, MWP kissed the hand of the nice woman who returned the basketball to him.) Offensively, he earned six trips to the line and hit three of his four triples, en route to 12 points. There were some typically goofy moments, but even when things didn't turn out well, the signs were encouraging. In the first half, Metta went full court on the break, and when he tried to finish at the rim was blocked. So the end result wasn't great, but the real takeaway was the speed with which he went from end-to-end. Last year, that guy didn't show up until very late in the year.['/quote]
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:50 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing

About kissing the female fan on the hand, @MettaWorldPeace said: "I saw it in her eyes."

:man10:
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby dj vitus on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:37 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby revgen on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 am

Maybe Punk was right. Metta is off the meds.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:22 am

Looking good so far ... he's having trouble with Nash passes though ... sometimes he tries to handle them with one hand instead of catching with both hands ... which results in him temporarily losing the control of the ball
wcsoldier81

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:33 am

i dont cringe when he shoots 3s anymore
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby therealdeal on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:28 am

Metta just looks fantastic. He looks so good. If he can play like this consistently, and keep in mind what he's doing isn't outside the realm of possibility, we're not going to lose many games. He's been outstanding and I think he's going to have a great season if he stays healthy.

His speed is remarkable out there. He moves so quickly these days, it's difficult to describe in comparison to his previous seasons here.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:42 am

Other than the several 1-on-3 fast breaks he blew, dude is playing superb!
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby karacha on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:11 am

revgen wrote:Maybe Punk was right. Metta is off the meds.

Good for him! His game is much better now. :man13:

He plays D, shoots well, fights in the post, passes the ball... just great. Better then I expected actually.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:29 am

therealdeal wrote:Metta just looks fantastic. He looks so good. If he can play like this consistently, and keep in mind what he's doing isn't outside the realm of possibility, we're not going to lose many games. He's been outstanding and I think he's going to have a great season if he stays healthy.

His speed is remarkable out there. He moves so quickly these days, it's difficult to describe in comparison to his previous seasons here.

I am so excited to watch him play at this level that he has himself at now. As much as any of them! He is one dominant dude out there especially with all the added quickness. It's like we just picked up a 5 year younger prime Artest. Now when he has the ball or is shooting no more cringing you expect good things.

:lg2k3: :lg2k3:
LTLakerFan

Postby Juronimo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:34 am

The hulk is handling bidness out there. He looks so much better than he did last season at this time. I'm excited.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:46 am

Juronimo wrote:The hulk is handling bidness out there. He looks so much better than he ever has as a Laker. I'm excited.

Fixed that. Apologies and hoping I'm not jumping the shark with the edit. First being flummoxed with the triangle when he got here, but also never being in this kind of shape. WOW! :man4: :man4:
LTLakerFan

Postby Juronimo on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:53 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
Juronimo wrote:The hulk is handling bidness out there. He looks so much better than he ever has as a Laker. I'm excited.

Fixed that. Apologies and hoping I'm not jumping the shark with the edit. First being flummoxed with the triangle when he got here, but also never being in this kind of shape. WOW! :man4: :man4:

Well players have fooled us in preseason before. Remember how good Smush looked in preseason in '05? I think the Hulk will have a better year than last season most definitely and he easily looks quicker and healthier out there. If he has his best season as a Laker this year we'll be in fine shape.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby therealdeal on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:56 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Metta just looks fantastic. He looks so good. If he can play like this consistently, and keep in mind what he's doing isn't outside the realm of possibility, we're not going to lose many games. He's been outstanding and I think he's going to have a great season if he stays healthy.

I am so excited to watch him play at this level that he has himself at now. As much as any of them! He is one dominant dude out there especially with all the added quickness. It's like we just picked up a 5 year younger prime Artest. Now when he has the ball or is shooting no more cringing you expect good things.

:lg2k3: :lg2k3:

Yeah, I mean he pulled up for two tough threes and instead of thinking "oh crap" I thought "oh yeah".

Felt nice.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:08 am

the man just looks different. physically, obviously he's put in a ton of work, he's slimmed down and cut. mentally he looks hungry and confident.

last year he just looked fat and distracted early on.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby revgen on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:01 pm

karacha wrote:
revgen wrote:Maybe Punk was right. Metta is off the meds.

Good for him! His game is much better now. :man13:

He plays D, shoots well, fights in the post, passes the ball... just great. Better then I expected actually.

I agree. If he plays like this, I don't see any team having a chance against us no matter how bad our bench is.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion