MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: Metta World Peace Discussion

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:45 pm

“@LakersReporter: Quick injury update: @MettaWorldPeace dislocated the middle finger on his shooting hand; he popped it back in himself & is OK.”

:jam2:
Ariza3

Postby Blahdeh Deebatz on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:34 pm

I'm really liking what I'm seeing from MWP. He looks skinnier, fitter, and faster than last year. He ran around last year like his feet were bothering him, like he was using all thighs and no calves to run. He looks like he's running more naturally now. His shooting motion is much smoother. He's been active on defense. He looks really good.
Blahdeh Deebatz

Postby karacha on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:57 am

His back was bothering him actually.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Ron eating almonds out of the Stanley Cup....

http://thefakeespn.lockerdome.com/media/101692313

:man10: :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:22 am

Will anyone in the NBA see more open 3 point shots than Ron this season? I think he's really going to make the league pay this year on both sides of the ball. His shot looks a lot better. He's so much quicker and he's still strong as an ox, even after shedding the weight. It's nice to see him hungry for another title run and focused. Hopefully he'll keep his eye on the prize, he's admitted that sometimes he has a hard time getting psyched up for the lesser matchups. I think having Dwight patrolling the paint and energizing the team will certainly help in that regard.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:00 am

I was thinking about his interview the other night when John Ireland asked him who is the better defender Dwight or himself.

He answered, and it looked like he was really kind of shocked by the question at first. He's always thought of himself as the best defender in the league, and here's a guy that has the biggest defensive impact in the league on his team. Where does that leave him?

I'm thinking he's going to have to really balance himself here. He's going to have so many opportunities to shine because he's the lesser of all the evils, but he's also going to have to learn to remain humble. His answer to the question was "Dwight is a terrific defender and he's the defensive leader of the team."

He didn't say "I'm the best defender," but he didn't not say it either. I'm thinking he's going to have to balance that confidence with a measure of humility so that he can play within the offense and within himself. I think he's going to do that and be a terrific spark. Multiple times this year on national tv you'll hear "The Lakers don't have a Big Four, they've got a Big FIVE".
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:59 am

Metta WorldPeace ‏@MettaWorldPeace

November 3rd!!!! My First long movie!!! The Metta man will be in LifeTime network. "The Eleventh Victim" Playing a detective and....
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:32 pm

^Just to add onto that...

METTA WORLD PEACE STARRING IN A LIFETIME MOVIE WRITTEN BY NANCY GRACE. THIS IS NOT MAD LIBS.
10/24/2012

“Ladies and gentleman of the jury, I’ve prepared this rap song as my final argument. *ahem* …”

Metta World Peace [formerly Ron Artest] is starring in a Lifetime Movie written by Nancy Grace. Yes, you read that correctly. World Peace– oh screw it, he’s not Muhammad Ali — Artest told Dave and Jeff on XX Sports Radio in San Diego yesterday:

“I met Nancy Grace on the set of ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ and … she really liked the way that I was acting on the show, which is acting kind of silly. But I’m a pretty decent actor and she just picked me for the part. I was like, ‘Wow.’ There was no way I was turning it down.” [SportsRadioInterviews via Deadspin]

Well sure, you might expect a guy named “Metta World Peace” to babble about something like this, just as you might expect him to wear a cheeseburger on his head and complain to a mailbox that his underwear keeps telling him to kill the president, but the surprising part is, it’s all basically true. Nancy Grace is producing a Lifetime film that airs next month, which, sadly, isn’t called Too Fat To Kill or Crock Pot Wife Killer. It’s called The Eleventh Victim, and though it’s actually not being written by Nancy Grace, it is based on a novel by Nancy Grace. Oh yes, Nancy Grace wrote a novel.

As a young psychology student, Hailey Dean’s world explodes when Will, her fianc, [sic] is murdered just weeks before their wedding. Reeling, she fights back the only way she knows how: In court, prosecuting violent crime…putting away the bad guys one rapist, doper, and killer at a time.

Welcome to the retarded circus mirror that is Nancy Grace’s life refracted through the mind of Nancy Grace. Playing the part of “Hailey?” Jennie Garth from 90210, of course. “Hailey Dean was the best prosecutor in town, and so pretty, everyone said, farting rose petals and prancing through the snow like a pony….”

But dedicating her life to justice takes a toll after years of courtroom battles and the endless tide of victims calling out from crime scene photos and autopsy tables. Just as she grows truly weary, a serial killer unlike any other she’s encountered begins to stalk the city of Atlanta, targeting young prostitutes, each horrific murder bearing his own unique mark. This courtroom battle will be her last.

Hailey heads for Manhattan to pick up the pieces of the life she had before Will’s murder, training as a therapist. In a vibrant new world, she finally leaves her ghosts behind. But then her own clients are brutally murdered one by one by a copycat using the same M.O. as the Atlanta killer she hunted down years before. As the body count rises across Manhattan, Hailey is forced to match wits not only against a killer, but the famed NYPD.

Unless she returns to her former life and solves the case, still more innocent people will die at the hands of a killer who plans to get her, before she can get him! [Amazon]

Wow, you couldn’t write that. I mean, you couldn’t write the part where Nancy Grace wrote a self-flattering supermarket mcnovel and got Ron Artest to star in it because they were both on Dancing with the Stars, that is. Not the actual novel, you could definitely write that. A one-eyed lemur with Down Syndrome could write that novel, if it lacked the self-awareness.

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2012/10/metta-world-peace-starring-in-a-lifetime-movie-written-by-nancy-grace-this-is-not-mad-libs
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Re: Metta World Peace Discussion (p.141: Metta Starring in Film)

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 pm

is that jennie garth?

she still lookin pretty good :man12:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 pm

he didnt shoot well. he def brought the energy and you could tell he was hustling out there. but he was playing outside his role. without kobe and dwight and pau being passive for the entire game minus a solid little run he went on; metta was the scoring option for the team. he can make most the "normal" shots hes taking and post ups but it'll be when kobe and dwight are on the floor and hes the guy forgotten about....a good place to be in for a ball player imo.

he'll shoot fine this year for us i believe but hes gotta get that finger healed. prob had something to do with some of the shots not falling that normally would.
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 pm

All over the place tonight
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 pm

His son posted this on Instagram :man10:

you guys might have to open the pic in separate tab to see the comments on the side of the pic lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Metta has crazy averages through the pre-season. He literally fills the stat sheet...

10.7 points though. That's what I love.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:43 pm

2 SPG is awesome.
Ariza3

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 pm

therealdeal wrote:Metta has crazy averages through the pre-season. He literally fills the stat sheet...

What do his stats look like? Thanks.
v1n5anity

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:45 pm

V1n5anity wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Metta has crazy averages through the pre-season. He literally fills the stat sheet...

What do his stats look like? Thanks.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/metta_world_peace/

10.3 points, 4.5 rebs, 1.7 assists. 2 steals

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:48 pm

very similar to his preseason stats for the first year with us
Ariza3

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:54 am

I cannot stress enough how much respect I have for Metta for setting a goal to be in shape & have a great year for us, he is definitely doing a great job on both ends of the floor :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby The Rock on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:22 pm

1-8 SMH.

I wouldn't bank on him for any offense this year despit the weight loss. I called this. Same ish happened in 2010/2011 he came in fit but his mind needs to be straight

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:28 pm

S
U
C
K
S.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:42 pm

where was he tonight...finger problems?
Ariza3

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:46 pm

I said it during the offseason. SF is our biggest weakness; He's not a good fit for Nash or this team right now; he needs to be on the bench. We need a SF like a Danny Granger; shoot well from three, handle the ball well, create his own shot, etc.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Scnottaken on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:48 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:I said it during the offseason. SF is our biggest weakness; He's not a good fit for Nash or this team right now; he needs to be on the bench. We need a SF in the mole of a Danny Granger...

For the starters, most likely, but for the whole team, I still think backup PG is suspect to say the least.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 am

apparently metta is our starting point guard on offense
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:10 am

Spacing floor killer and laughable B-Ball IQ ...
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion