MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: great McMen article - pg 161

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:30 am

Hes gonna get lit up by Durant tonight :man10: hasn't had a good game against him since like the 2010 playoffs

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 am

The Rock wrote:Hes gonna get lit up by Durant tonight :man10: hasn't had a good game against him since like the 2010 playoffs

Probably. But is it really so :man10: for someone to get lit up by (arguebly) the league's best scorer? :man3:
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:06 am

^ Exactly. OKC does a great job of getting Durant free off of screens which just so happens to be the perfect way to shed Artest.

Artest will do everything in his power to make him work, that's all we can ask.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:
The Rock wrote:Hes gonna get lit up by Durant tonight :man10: hasn't had a good game against him since like the 2010 playoffs

Probably. But is it really so :man10: for someone to get lit up by (arguebly) the league's best scorer? :man3:

try Clark on Durant
khmrP

Postby Finwë on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Metta World Peace suffered a contusion to his groin the other night, but will start vs OKC. May guard Durant less than usual, though.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ Exactly. OKC does a great job of getting Durant free off of screens which just so happens to be the perfect way to shed Artest.

Perkins and Ibaka are always setting illegal screens. That always hurts us
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ Exactly. OKC does a great job of getting Durant free off of screens which just so happens to be the perfect way to shed Artest.

And even if Pau is back tonight (which I havent heard confirmed) Perkins has routinely ABUSED Pau through his career. :man5:
phoenixrisingla

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Even in 1 on 1 situations he got lit up by Durant, nothing has gone well for him vs Durant last 2 + yrs. Hes out here in the West if he cant at least slow him down or make him work harder to get his shots then Ron is not worth having on this team, Id trade him along with Pau then to get more pieces who can actually help us

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:11 pm

The Rock wrote:Even in 1 on 1 situations he got lit up by Durant, nothing has gone well for him vs Durant last 2 + yrs. Hes out here in the West if he cant at least slow him down or make him work harder to get his shots then Ron is not worth having on this team, Id trade him along with Pau then to get more pieces who can actually help us

World Peace does make Durant work hard, but KD is one of the best players in the world. There is no slowing him/shutting down. He also does help us alot on the offensive end as he's averaging 14 points a game. Trading him would be stupid.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 pm

The Rock wrote:Even in 1 on 1 situations he got lit up by Durant, nothing has gone well for him vs Durant last 2 + yrs. Hes out here in the West if he cant at least slow him down or make him work harder to get his shots then Ron is not worth having on this team, Id trade him along with Pau then to get more pieces who can actually help us

This seems like an amazing overreaction to me. Ok, he doesnt shut down Durant. No one really does.

He's also been our most consistant defensive player, our 3rd (sometimes 2nd) scoring option, and has the 2nd best +/- on the team after Kobe.

Trade MWP? I guess if we want to lose on defense and offense... :man3:
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:14 pm

phoenixrisingla wrote:
Finwë wrote:

And even if Pau is back tonight (which I havent heard confirmed) Perkins has routinely ABUSED Pau through his career. :man5:

Pau hasn't been cleared yet as far as I know.

He'd still be valuable back because he's better than Sacre. Depth, depth, depth. This team is going to run, we can't run with them if we have only 9 bodies to throw out there, 3 of which are ancient, 3 more are old, and the other 3 are out of shape because they don't play.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:16 pm

^^agreed TRD. I'd love to have him back.
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Yeah I mean we need all the help we can get at this point :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 pm

WELP

I love what Ron did for us, *insert Pau Gasol rhetoric* but I think his time with our team is done as well. Im sorry, we lost a playoff series and he hasn't been able to slow down Durant at all, we need a change in the SF position

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:14 pm

No.

Everything Artest has done this season is better than anything we expected from him since he first signed here. Trading him would be absolutely moronic.

So the guy can't stop the best young scorer in the NBA right now. So what? No one really can. If you want another SF you trade Gasol for one. Not Artest.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Slide him to PF... seriously, he plays better in this system at the 4 spot. We need to trade Pau for a defensive/athletic wing... Ariza? :man1:

Or someone like what he was in 09, anyway.
Armani

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 pm

I think his point is that if we trade Gasol and get a SF and back up SG/PG, then we should try to move Ron too.

Too bad that Chase got hurt with Minny. I think he could have played SF nicely for us.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Thank you for game 7 Ron, but it's time to go...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Armani on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:I think his point is that if we trade Gasol and get a SF and back up SG/PG, then we should try to move Ron too.

Too bad that Chase got hurt with Minny. I think he could have played SF nicely for us.

I like Chase too. Great shooter, young, plays with passion. Fits the bill. Budinger and Derrick Williams for Gasol would be interesting.
Armani

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:31 pm

therealdeal wrote:No.

Everything Artest has done this season is better than anything we expected from him since he first signed here. Trading him would be absolutely moronic.

So the guy can't stop the best young scorer in the NBA right now. So what? No one really can. If you want another SF you trade Gasol for one. Not Artest.

his trade value will never be higher right now thats my biggest case. He'll never play like this again. The best out West IMO is OKC and his specialty on the team is defense, hes not addressing that need right now so why should he deserve a roster spot? Once Gasol and Howard come back his shot opportunities are gonna go down and hes gonna get leftovers he wont be having those 20 point outings again like he did vs San Antonio

I understand he battles and he *can* check and play SGs to PFs but we've gone nowhere with him. His trade value is sky high right now Id try to move him and Pau together

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby KB24 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 pm

you know Ron was terrible....he was garbage today.

but he played hard. If every Laker player plays hard, good things happen. I'm not going to massacre him for missing shots...thats not exactly his strength to begin with. But he dives for balls, his hands are always active...props.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:34 pm

KB24 wrote:you know Ron was terrible....he was garbage today.

but he played hard. If every Laker player plays hard, good things happen. I'm not going to massacre him for missing shots...thats not exactly his strength to begin with. But he dives for balls, his hands are always active...props.

We are beyond the point where playing hard is good enough, we don't need a slow Metta trying to cross over Durant as if he were back in his prime. He has good hands but is far too slow to stop anybody for a full game anymore, I admire his effort, but we have to move on.

GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:37 pm

God I hate it here after losses! Why do I come back?

This attitude honestly disgusts me. I won't dignify responses to this with analysis.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:41 pm

therealdeal wrote:God I hate it here after losses! Why do I come back?

This attitude honestly disgusts me. I won't dignify responses to this with analysis.

I get you man, but wouldn't you rather have a more athletic 3 than Metta at this point? Someone who perhaps won't try to cross over Durant with his lack of speed? His effort is excellent, nobody is questioning that, but he cannot guard anybody for a full game anymore, especially trying to stop a perimeter player from driving right past him.

GoldenKnight

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm

KB24 wrote:you know Ron was terrible....he was garbage today.

mwp was garbage today plain and simple and got murdered when he was on kevin durant . he can t guard him anymore . dureant killed mwp the last 2 years . mwp doesn t have the foot speed or the lenght to make durant miss.

ughhhh :bang: :mad1: and don t forget his dribbling and dumb decissions if he has a fastbreak chance. he always puts his head down and runs on a fastbreak and then trys to finish regardless if he is alone on a fastbreak 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 or he has numbers with some lakers running with him . he won t give up the rock for an easy opporturnity .as hard as he plays every night that doesn t make it up for having so m uch dumb and bonehead plays or jacking up one bad three after another
or putting his head down driving to the basket and loosing the ball or put a shot up vs 3 defenders or dribbling the ball for so long time that you have no where to go with 5 seconds left. just dumb :mad1: :bang: :mad1:
kobebryant248

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion