MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby bfc1125roy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:06 am

Rooscooter wrote:
bfc1125roy wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:Two things about Ron....

First he's one of only 2 players that has brought it every night this year..... he is what he is on the court but at least he's there every night and ready to play.

Second..... he is what he is... he's unstable from time to time.... he's a streak shooter.... he's not a good ball handler and he's not a good initiator. He's still an adequate defender and a decent shooter from time to time.

Ron has given more this season than I expected by far.... he's rolled back his production 3 years... a lot more than we can say about some of our other aging "Stars"....... that's for sure.


Bringing it every night doesn't mean anything


This is where I stopped.......


What does that even mean? You can "bring it" every night but if you suck you suck, I could care less what "it" is at that point.

Darius Morris is on the court ready to play and so is Robert Sacre. But you don't see them on the court for good reason, they aren't contributing players.

Next time read the full sentence....

In what world should MWP be attempting the second most shots on the team this season?
User avatar
bfc1125roy

 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby Rooscooter on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:09 pm

bfc1125roy wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
bfc1125roy wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:Two things about Ron....

First he's one of only 2 players that has brought it every night this year..... he is what he is on the court but at least he's there every night and ready to play.

Second..... he is what he is... he's unstable from time to time.... he's a streak shooter.... he's not a good ball handler and he's not a good initiator. He's still an adequate defender and a decent shooter from time to time.

Ron has given more this season than I expected by far.... he's rolled back his production 3 years... a lot more than we can say about some of our other aging "Stars"....... that's for sure.


Bringing it every night doesn't mean anything


This is where I stopped.......


What does that even mean? You can "bring it" every night but if you suck you suck, I could care less what "it" is at that point.

Darius Morris is on the court ready to play and so is Robert Sacre. But you don't see them on the court for good reason, they aren't contributing players.

Next time read the full sentence....

In what world should MWP be attempting the second most shots on the team this season?


Why don't you look at a longer time frame, contributions to our wins and overall worth before you take a small sample and run with it. Do you really not understand why he's got the second most shots?.... That explains your comments I guess.

Do we beat OKC without his contributions? Did he just skip "sucking" that game?..... are you the one why will enlighten us to the next time he will "skip" sucking so we can all be ready for it?.....

In reality he's been the defining reason for a number of wins this year. His play is elevated from last year and he's there and ready to play every night. Other than Kobe we have a team of "Big Names" with small games who are more interested in "touches" and who's the lead in on Sport Center..... It's a bad season and a bad situation but MWP isn't our problem on this team...... not by a long shot.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22922
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby phoenixrisingla on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:15 pm

I'm ok with this. I'm in the camp that likes Ron's craziness for this team. Outside of Kobe and Ron, we dont have many people that can strike fear in an opponent.

That said, ron needs to be in the gym practicing his shooting and handles. Dude's had a bad stretch of games to end January.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby seasonVet24 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:20 pm

I think Metta has been great ALL season long. I just think that he needs to play smarter during a few stretches of the game. Example would be, it's never a good idea to go 1 against 3 on fast break, when you got no handle. He just needs to understand game situation a little bit better. Other than that, I love his never give up attitude when he's on the court.
User avatar
seasonVet24

 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 am

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby revgen on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:31 pm

KB24 wrote:
WilliamHaven wrote:i like how those commentators make that out to be some vicious uppercut. Ron was moving his arm around...that's it. underhook. i kind of feel bad for Ron...his reputation will always follow him. at least on the road, anyway.

the fact that its "always an unfortunate" move from Artest is telling me and you something. You get the benefit of the doubt once or twice but when it happens on a regular basis then probably you are the problem.

Artest is being punished because he doesn't behave and gets involved into unnecessary scuffles all the time. He has been suspended many times before for fights.


Artest is 250lbs and he's a physical player. Besides Lebron, Melo and a few others, most NBA players don't have the kind of body he has. So they're constantly retaliating against him on the court. Sometimes it is Metta's fault (Harden), but it's often retaliation plays from the opposing player.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21726
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:35 pm

Yesterday he played within himself and under control. Play that way and he'll be fine
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby phoenixrisingla on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:41 pm

revgen wrote:
KB24 wrote:
WilliamHaven wrote:i like how those commentators make that out to be some vicious uppercut. Ron was moving his arm around...that's it. underhook. i kind of feel bad for Ron...his reputation will always follow him. at least on the road, anyway.

the fact that its "always an unfortunate" move from Artest is telling me and you something. You get the benefit of the doubt once or twice but when it happens on a regular basis then probably you are the problem.

Artest is being punished because he doesn't behave and gets involved into unnecessary scuffles all the time. He has been suspended many times before for fights.


Artest is 250lbs and he's a physical player. Besides Lebron, Melo and a few others, most NBA players don't have the kind of body he has. So they're constantly retaliating against him on the court. Sometimes it is Metta's fault (Harden), but it's often retaliation plays from the opposing player.


This. Artest is one of those people who just has an uncanny natural strength. He has an ability to hit people and push on them without it looking like he is doing so, so opposing player get beat up a little without much being called.

He certainly can mix things up with the best of them, but a lot of his conflicts start with retaliation from the other guy on what he feels was an uncalled foul.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby bfc1125roy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
bfc1125roy wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
bfc1125roy wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:Two things about Ron....

First he's one of only 2 players that has brought it every night this year..... he is what he is on the court but at least he's there every night and ready to play.

Second..... he is what he is... he's unstable from time to time.... he's a streak shooter.... he's not a good ball handler and he's not a good initiator. He's still an adequate defender and a decent shooter from time to time.

Ron has given more this season than I expected by far.... he's rolled back his production 3 years... a lot more than we can say about some of our other aging "Stars"....... that's for sure.


Bringing it every night doesn't mean anything


This is where I stopped.......


What does that even mean? You can "bring it" every night but if you suck you suck, I could care less what "it" is at that point.

Darius Morris is on the court ready to play and so is Robert Sacre. But you don't see them on the court for good reason, they aren't contributing players.

Next time read the full sentence....

In what world should MWP be attempting the second most shots on the team this season?


Why don't you look at a longer time frame, contributions to our wins and overall worth before you take a small sample and run with it. Do you really not understand why he's got the second most shots?.... That explains your comments I guess.

Do we beat OKC without his contributions? Did he just skip "sucking" that game?..... are you the one why will enlighten us to the next time he will "skip" sucking so we can all be ready for it?.....

In reality he's been the defining reason for a number of wins this year. His play is elevated from last year and he's there and ready to play every night. Other than Kobe we have a team of "Big Names" with small games who are more interested in "touches" and who's the lead in on Sport Center..... It's a bad season and a bad situation but MWP isn't our problem on this team...... not by a long shot.


Ok lets look at a long timeframe. FGA per game for the whole season (and I'm not even going to look at just the D'Antoni era because it'll get worse), MWP is second on the team at over 11 a game, more than our superstar center, and more than Nash. Yet, he's shooting an abysmal 40% from the floor on mostly wide open shots. That's our recipe for success, Artest as our second offensive option? Good luck with that.

His play is elevated from last year in the sense that he isn't injured for half the year, but he's still a major offensive liability out there, and his defense isn't as good as it used to be.

Gasol and MWP are two big problems on the team, yes Gasol is a bigger issue at this point but any starting SF that can hit an open 3 pointer is more valuable than Artest at this point.

You've cited absolutely 0 evidence, and just coming back with vague generalities won't prove a thing. Just from watching recent games like the one against the Suns, it's evident MWP needs to take a backseat role to our stars, he's not nearly as good as you claim.
User avatar
bfc1125roy

 
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby Kit on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:52 pm

I think Metta is still the game changer for us with his D and intensity.
Kit

 
Posts: 1755
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:14 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Lil punk knight claims metta punched him... I only watched the 4th was it suspension worthy?

LOL hardly


Metta World War... :man10: :man10:
User avatar
denimPortugal

 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:01 am

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby Rooscooter on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:32 pm

bfc1125roy wrote:Ok lets look at a long timeframe. FGA per game for the whole season (and I'm not even going to look at just the D'Antoni era because it'll get worse), MWP is second on the team at over 11 a game, more than our superstar center, and more than Nash. Yet, he's shooting an abysmal 40% from the floor on mostly wide open shots. That's our recipe for success, Artest as our second offensive option? Good luck with that.

His play is elevated from last year in the sense that he isn't injured for half the year, but he's still a major offensive liability out there, and his defense isn't as good as it used to be.

Gasol and MWP are two big problems on the team, yes Gasol is a bigger issue at this point but any starting SF that can hit an open 3 pointer is more valuable than Artest at this point.

You've cited absolutely 0 evidence, and just coming back with vague generalities won't prove a thing. Just from watching recent games like the one against the Suns, it's evident MWP needs to take a backseat role to our stars, he's not nearly as good as you claim.


I didn't claim he was "good"..... I said he's brought it every night in terms of effort and mental approach.

I was in attendance at the Phoenix game. He gave a lot of effort out there.... he didn't have much success but he was constantly urging his teammates to play better. Something that no one other than Kobe reciprocated in doing even once during the game. In fact MWP and Kobe were communicating on defense all night while the rest of them didn't say a word or even interact much at all. Nash and Howard were watching the PHX cheerleaders run a promotion during a T.V. timeout while MDA was diagraming a play out of the time out...... Nash subsequently threw the ball away trying to get it to Howard.

You used the term "Super Stars"..... who are you referring to? Howard? He's shown to be nearly as unreliable as MWP unless it's a lob attempt. He hasn't been prepared to play every night and seems more interested in stat sheets and touches than being effective and doing what ever it takes.

MWP is getting opportunities because of our system and because Kobe is finding the open man..... why is he open? Well you described that fairly well..... :man10: When you are wide open at the 3 point line there is a reason.... what is he supposed to do? Pass to the person who's being doubled off the ball by his man? Pass it back to Kobe for the fade away 3 at the end of the clock?.... Force it to Howard so he can lose it in the clogged lane? It's our offensive system to find the open player no matter who it is..... I don't like the system any better than you but I can recognize that it's the system that is putting him in a position to take the second most shots..... not an overt attempt to be the "second option".....

Again, what I said is that he is playing hard and doing what is asked without yappin'..... That's more than some others....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22922
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby The Rock on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:18 am

WTF

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/298841041228943360
NBA just announced Metta World Peace is suspended one game w/out pay for grabbing Detroit's Brandon Knight around neck & striking him in jaw


https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/298841794811154432
That means Metta World Peace is suspended for tonight's game in Brooklyn. One-game suspension costs him almost $66,000 in salary
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:19 am

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

I'd fight that s***. What a complete load.

Say hello to some playing time Devin Ebanks...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40327
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 am

Where's the face palm icon? F Stern and company.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15218
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 am

Jesus, how soft has the league become that a strike to the jaw is a suspension? give me a break... go grab a candy and eat it Brandon Knight cause you remind me of a 5 year old.
User avatar
Ice-Fire

 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:56 pm
Location: Marlboro Ciggarettes

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby khmrP on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:26 am

I didn't see it in the replay but then again twc didn't show good clip of it, oh well its not like numbnuts is squeaky clean, he's been borderline idiotic this season anyways with his antics, should've known better with his reputation.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby The Rock on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:27 am

http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/130205mwp_suspended



NEW YORK – Metta World Peace of the Los Angeles Lakers has been suspended one game without pay for grabbing Brandon Knight of the Detroit Pistons around the neck and striking him in the jaw, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 1:43 remaining in the 2nd period, of the Lakers’ 98-97 win over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday, Feb. 3 at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

World Peace will serve his suspension tonight when the Lakers visit the Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:28 am

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
LAL didn’t get news on MWP until after shootaround. Could go small & start Kobe at the 3, Blake at 2. Otherwise Jamison at 3. We’ll see.
https://twitter.com/LakersReporter

Weren't even told until after shootaround. Pathetic move from the NBA. I love how much the media and the NBA hate when we win.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40327
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:28 am

khmrP wrote:I didn't see it in the replay but then again twc didn't show good clip of it, oh well its not like numbnuts is squeaky clean, he's been borderline idiotic this season anyways with his antics, should've known better with his reputation.


I saw the replay, he did nothing that warranted a suspension.... the league were just crying wolf for Brandon Knight... in fact I hope the league makes a new rule for players getting suspended for pissing & moaning about someone hurting there poor little jaw.
User avatar
Ice-Fire

 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:56 pm
Location: Marlboro Ciggarettes

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby The Rock on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 am

Last edited by The Rock on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 am

Ebanks time? Hopefully he gives us a lift like Clark did, but doubt it.
Image
User avatar
JLaker17

 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:29 am

Wow the NBA hates him... I would like for Ron to retire already, so he can sue the league for discrimination against lunatics.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7826
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby Ice-Fire on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:31 am

JLaker17 wrote:Ebanks time? Hopefully he gives us a lift like Clark did, but doubt it.


They're is absolutely no hope for Ebanks he's a bum who is collecting paychecks on the bench.... this is his last contract anyway.
User avatar
Ice-Fire

 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:56 pm
Location: Marlboro Ciggarettes

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:32 am

What happened with Knight, since he "struck" MWP right in the neck.
Image
User avatar
JLaker17

 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: MWPeace Discussion: Kobe passing, Peace chucking

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 am

LOL Ron got suspended for that?

How soft can this league be? Seriously.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.