MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: suspended 1 game without pay

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 pm

He's an embarrassment for the game of Basketball ... bricking open shots , killing the ball movement and can't move around a screen.

Use the amnesty clause on him please next summer
wcsoldier81

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42 pm

IMO he's a detriment to the starting unit, teams are now just gona crowd the paint and double Nash/Kobe and just leave Peace open and unfortunately now that kobe deciding to pass, Peace is usually the only one to be open to get those passes, I wonder why :freak2:
khmrP

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:54 pm

It would be awesome if we could trade him to the Bucks for Dalembert/Dunleavy. Pipe dream of the century.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Metta found out the extent of Pau's absence postgame from Steve Blake. Said Metta later: "I thought two weeks, or a week."
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Ice-Fire on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:52 pm

We had a chance to send him to Charlotte a few seasons ago and he blocked it, not sure what we were gonna receive in return but right now I'd settle for a bad toxic contract that's how bad MWP is.
Ice-Fire

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:56 pm

after getting rid of one of the worse starting PG, we now have one of the worst starting SF, never ends :bang:
khmrP

Postby l8kerboi23 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:00 pm

we all wish this joke of a player was suspended the rest of the season :bang:
l8kerboi23

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:10 pm

khmrP wrote:after getting rid of one of the worse starting PG, we now have one of the worst starting SF, never ends :bang:

The saddest part is how delusional he is. He still thinks he's an all-star caliber player and was probably offended over the summer at how everyone said we had a "big 4" and he wasn't included in that. Such a nut case
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:11 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
khmrP wrote:after getting rid of one of the worse starting PG, we now have one of the worst starting SF, never ends :bang:

The saddest part is how delusional he is. He still thinks he's an all-star caliber player and was probably offended over the summer at how everyone said we had a "big 4" and he wasn't included in that. Such a nut case

I actually agree with this.

I'm not sure why, but I get the vibe he deosnt realize how poorly he's been playing lately. Hope he comes back from the abyss.
phoenixrisingla

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:55 pm

Ron isn't as bad as these posts are making it seem. He was one of he only guys on the team playing well earilier in the season. He's inconsistent & we'd be better with a younger more athletic SF, I won't debate that.. The chucking needs to be toned down too. But Ron can still play a vital role on this team.
lakersin4

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:05 am

lakersin4 wrote:Ron isn't as bad as these posts are making it seem. He was one of he only guys on the team playing well earilier in the season. He's inconsistent & we'd be better with a younger more athletic SF, I won't debate that.. The chucking needs to be toned down too. But Ron can still play a vital role on this team.

his vital role is for the other team, now they can double off of him as they please, ask Dragic :man10:
khmrP

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 am

Sure he's not that bad ... 38.5 % from the field in January , 34 % from 3.

7/32 from the field , 2/15 from 3 in 3 games in Feb .

He plays at an "acceptable" level ( consistency wise) in Nov and Dec and that's about it ...

Once again , keep in mind , the opponent D doesn't pay attention to Metta ... this team will be so much better with an above average shooter at the SF position ...

Same thing goes for Meeks
wcsoldier81

Postby khmrP on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:18 am

another horrid shooting night....dude getting worse as season progresses
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:37 am

He's having a tough stretch. He was also one of the only reasons we won any games at all in November and December. Regardless of the statistics in those months he brought the energy that would give us just enough to win a few games.

I'd rather he come off the bench and I think if Gasol were healthy we'd have him and Meeks and Metta off the bench and we'd be solid. Instead we are relying on him more and that's costly at times.

All I need from him though is that energy and passion on defense. What he brings to this team may not be much, but if he were on another team he'd kill us every time he played. If for nothing else than his defense on Kobe.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 am

There was a stretch of games where he was one of our most consistant players, now... HOT GARBAGE. It came to the point where i want him to get suspended by the league actually :man9:
kenzo

Postby kblo247 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:56 am

MWPs O left him when Clark was given a starting role. It goes unlooked but since Clark has started, Metta has defended Boozer, Zach Randolph, Mullins tonight, Monroe, Drummond, Pekovic, and the like. To accommodate Clark he's defended the starting PF on most teams where he gives up height, length, and size. His rebounding has been good shockingly but its by boxing out those big guys. And when Dwight got hurt and Pau was starting, we used Metta as backup C to defend Pek, Drummond, Monroe, and the like. Is hard to keep your legs under you with that as he has to box everyone out to play the 4 on the glass, and he's also playing hurt with a groin injury
kblo247

Postby KB24 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:00 am

^He already sucks right at the beginning of the game. And he has been garbage against small teams too.

When you miss wide open shots, its rather not because of tired legs because his bricks aren't too short, its the inability to shoot properly. And there is history which indicates Artest simply isn't a good shooter and has never been efficient at scoring.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:23 am

He is expiring right? Any market for him at all?

Him for Korver or Morrow?

Would any team really take him? maybe Brooklyn? doubt it.

I just wish the Lakers traded Gasol in early December after hiring MDA and realizing the bad fit. There is now no way to add depth or make a trade, other than using Clark, which won't happen now given his value.

now Atl wants to move Josh. Crazy how bad our luck has been this year.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby XXIV on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:57 am

^ I thought he had a PO for next year?
XXIV

Postby Biz on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 am

Wow, surprised at all the negative posts about MWP. Yes, he has been bad to downright awful lately but he was playing great ball in the beginning of the season. I wouldn't want to trade him...not for a guy like Korver, I think that makes us even worse defensively. MWP has always been inconsistent, he will turn it around. I like having him on this team...as Kobe always says he is one of the few guys he can always count on to bring energy and effort.
Biz

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:19 am

XXIV wrote:^ I thought he had a PO for next year?

He does and he'll exercise it. We do need to get younger at the SF position.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby khmrP on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:45 am

it obviously sounds like most of us are in the "what have you done for me lately" train of thought because yes he did start out the season shooting well. However it is what it is now and thats him HURTING this team with his play, almost on a consistent basis on both sides of the floor and right now we certaintly can't make up for his bad play on a consistent basis either.
khmrP

Postby Ice-Fire on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:52 am

If the Mavericks offer Marion in a trade for Peace then the Lakers should accept it... I wonder if the Lakers & Mavs will discuss the scenario heading into the trade-dead line? I really cannot watch another game from MWP.
Ice-Fire

Postby Biz on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:01 am

Ice-Fire wrote:If the Mavericks offer Marion in a trade for Peace then the Lakers should accept it... I wonder if the Lakers & Mavs will discuss the scenario heading into the trade-dead line? I really cannot watch another game from MWP.

Seems like a completely lateral trade for both teams.
Biz

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:07 am

Biz wrote:
Ice-Fire wrote:If the Mavericks offer Marion in a trade for Peace then the Lakers should accept it... I wonder if the Lakers & Mavs will discuss the scenario heading into the trade-dead line? I really cannot watch another game from MWP.

Seems like a completely lateral trade for both teams.

Lol no it would be Mitch completely fleecing another team again
JoelMyersScrotalSack

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion