MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: likely out for game 4 (pg. 201)

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:38 pm

No starting PG, no backup PG
No starting SG, no backup SG
No starting SF, never had a backup SF

WTF is this season?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby D.B. Cooper on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Imagine if we would of kept Bynum...
D.B. Cooper

Postby gradymac on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:43 pm

JSM wrote:
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 1m
Metta World Peace: "I'll probably sit out Sunday ... I was the weak link tonight"

So we'll start 3 PGs?

LOL you're the weak link every night. Sit out all of next season too please.
gradymac

Postby The Rock on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:18 am

Start Hill Lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby thkthebest on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 am

D.B. Cooper wrote:Imagine if we would of kept Bynum...

That also means no Earl Clark. Lol.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby The Rock on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:50 am

Was that MWP's last game in a Laker uniform

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:56 am

I hope he restructures his contract and returns for cheap.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:32 am

Hopefully he's gone ... he was already a huge liability out there , removing his meniscus pretty much ends his career
wcsoldier81

Re: MWPeace Discussion: too sexy for his cat (198)

Postby nthydro on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:52 am

Battle Tested20 wrote::man10: he's not injury prone

Do you even follow the Lakers? :man10:

He has been severely limited by injuries the last few years. But he played through them. He talked about how he considered retiring after last season because of his injuries. This season he claimed to finally be healthy but he got injured towards the end and he's definitely not 100% right now.
nthydro

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:30 am

At the rate Jim Buss is running this franchise into the ground, we'll be starting five guys from the D League before the all star break next year. :bang:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby The Rock on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Unless hes planning on opting out and re-sign for like 3 years and $9 mil or something. I think the lakers will find a way to get rid of him. Hes a good bench player I suppose but where you gonna put him when you have Clark/Hill already coming off the bench?

He'll probably get amnestied if he doesn't get traded on Draft night. Im sure Mitch will explore this

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:56 pm

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 12m
Metta World Peace on @CBSSportsRadio: "Sometimes we didn't let the coaches coach, and sometimes the coaches didn't coach."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

:man3:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:06 pm

nthydro wrote:

He has been severely limited by injuries the last few years. But he played through them. He talked about how he considered retiring after last season because of his injuries. This season he claimed to finally be healthy but he got injured towards the end and he's definitely not 100% right now.

of course I follow the Lakers. Might be that he hides a lot of his injuries and never talks about them until after the fact that I think he's not injury prone. Could be..... Sure he has always had nagging injuries but as far as having to be taken out of games since we signed him it really doesn't happen a whole lot.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby nthydro on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:30 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
nthydro wrote:

of course I follow the Lakers. Might be that he hides a lot of his injuries and never talks about them until after the fact that I think he's not injury prone. Could be..... Sure he has always had nagging injuries but as far as having to be taken out of games since we signed him it really doesn't happen a whole lot.

I get what you're saying but Im only referring to the last 2-3 years where he has openly admitted to being limited by injuries.
nthydro

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:53 pm

I think he opts out and re-signs with on contract that favors the team and probably comes off the bench depending on who we get for Pau.

I know it seems like just yesterday he came to LA, but even with the lockout he's played more games as a Laker than with any other team by far, and he clearly loves the team and the city. Also, money hasn't seemed like its been a top priority for him lately, and he knows he's not exactly gonna get a monster contract in free agency.

I think he'll be back.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Love Ron. If he takes the minimum, or something close...bring him back otherwise :wave: . Reasons?

1. He's going to come off the bench
2. He's offensively challenged and his shot is not reliable
3. He's not the defensive specimen he used to be...he's not even the 2nd or 3rd best on our roster.

Give him a one year deal around 1.5 million, MAX
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:16 pm

He's got to come back for so cheap... will he do it? I don't know. I mean seriously he'd have to come back for 3-4 million tops. That's literally taking a 50% pay cut...

But as soon as he picks up that option you KNOW the Lakers are going to amnesty him.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:34 pm

After Sunday's season-ending Game 4 loss to the Spurs, Metta World Peace said he felt too much leadership responsibility was placed on the shoulders of Dwight Howard. In turn, he, Kobe Bryant, and Pau Gasol, the three members of the Lakers with championship experience, didn't take on as active a leadership role. I asked him to elaborate on that development during Monday's exit interview:

"I think we put a little too much pressure on Dwight and as responsible leaders, we gave him a little too much responsibility," said MWP. "When I first came here, I think it was four years ago, I didn't say anything. Even though the perimeter defense was all my job, to lock guys down, but I still stayed in my place, not much talking. I listened to Fish. Pau would talk. Lamar would talk. In all of the film sessions, Josh Powell was the most vocal, but he won a championship, so we listened to those types of voices.

"So I just thought, earlier on, Kobe,Pau and myself, we weren't responsible enough. We should have been loud voices and so I take responsibility and I'm sure Kobe and Pau do as well. Next year, we'll have to be the voice, more consistently."
Ariza3

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Depends on what he thinks he can get in free agency. Alot of posters here would be able to provide a better guess at that than me.

If he stays it'll be a little more than the minimum though, probably around $3M per over a couple of years. That way he can finish out his career playing for the team he's played more games for than any other, in a city and on a team he seems to love.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:26 pm

i think if we get a new young athletic starting SF then metta will be good off the bench if he stays. i wouldn't be mad at that. just a SF to come in and post up the backup SF maybe hit a 3 defend
Ariza3

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm

therealdeal wrote:He's got to come back for so cheap... will he do it? I don't know. I mean seriously he'd have to come back for 3-4 million tops. That's literally taking a 50% pay cut...

But as soon as he picks up that option you KNOW the Lakers are going to amnesty him.

$3-4M? I love Metta but man, we pay Jordan Hill that much, and MWP won't be half as athletic, young, or useful next year. Don't you think that's a little much for a 7-8th guy in the rotation?
Chillbongo

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:He's got to come back for so cheap... will he do it? I don't know. I mean seriously he'd have to come back for 3-4 million tops. That's literally taking a 50% pay cut...

$3-4M? I love Metta but man, we pay Jordan Hill that much, and MWP won't be half as athletic, young, or useful next year. Don't you think that's a little much for a 7-8th guy in the rotation?

Would YOU take a 50% cut in pay just to stay at the job you're at? I don't know either. I mean obviously I would consider a cut if I knew they would just fire me from my dream job instead... And if I could get the same contract amount over time, I'd consider that...

But to ask him to go from almost 8 million guaranteed to... almost 2 million a year for a couple of years...

I doubt he likes LA THAT much.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gill on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Next year, we'll have to be the voice, more consistently."

Pau = Shakira?

i keed, i keed!!!
gill

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:39 pm

nthydro wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:
nthydro wrote:

I get what you're saying but Im only referring to the last 2-3 years where he has openly admitted to being limited by injuries.

I gotcha
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion