Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Kit on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Take it easy on him, guys or he will change his user name again.
Kit

 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby v1n5anity on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Kit wrote:Take it easy on him, guys or he will change his user name again.


:man10:

"KeepFlipFlopping"
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Oh my goodness Doc. Wow.

Yeah, I'm not making light at all of getting Steve Nash. I'm ecstatic about it. But it did seem disingenuous not to include D. Will up there. I love Nash and I'm thrilled, but clearly at this juncture in their careers it seems absurd to not give D. Will his props as the better and more in his prime point guard. But I guess he did before . . . :man12:

But back on topic, getting Nash was a stroke of complete genius by Mitch. He saw an opportunity to improve massively and he pulled the trigger with the blessing of Jim and Jerry Buss. Best FO in the business.

I cannot wait to see this starting five in action. It's literally like having an All Star Team as your starters.
Lakerjones

 
Posts: 14878
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby bystander on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Image
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
User avatar
bystander

 
Posts: 6366
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Salamanca, Spain.

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:22 am

That's enough. Let's get back on topic. Thanks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36934
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:34 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:ESPN says hes the 19th best player in the NBA

He's higher than that. At least top 15. At the point guard position only Paul and Westbrook are better IMO.


Deron Williams says hello. I love Steve Nash - especially on our team with the veterans and Dwight, but he's not in his prime any more. Even though I dislike him, I don't see how you would not have Rondo above him as well.

But man, am I ecstatic about getting Nash. He was the perfect guy to get in this scenario to go along with Pau and Howard. Our pick and roll is going to be absurd.

How is Williams better? He doesn't play any defense, isn't as efficient as Nash, and not nearly the playmaker Nash is. Rondo can't shoot and is an overrated defender.


Hmm......

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Westbrook isn't anywhere near the best point guard in the league.

1. Chris Paul
2. Derrick Rose (When healthy)
3. Deron Williams
4. Rajon Rondo
5. Russell Westbrook


I don't wanna trade him either, but it's very difficult to pass up Deron Williams who's argurably the best point guard in the league. The days of needing an elite center to win are over.


Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:I don’t get the Westbrook hate at all. I’d trade everyone on the roster, aside from Bryant, for Westbrook. He’s arguably the best guard in the NBA.

He's not even a top 5 guard. I wouldn't trade obviously Kobe or Bynum either.

1. Kobe
2. CP3
3. D-Wade
4. D-Will
5. Rondo


AndrewBynum wrote: Going through Texas Lakers Fan's posts and finding him contradicting himself is easy.

Obviously I was hacked.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby nthydro on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:39 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Obviously I was hacked.


LOL that's a good one. At least you didn't claim you were bi-polar or anything :man10:
nthydro

 
Posts: 1383
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby gcclaker on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:46 am

With Blake out...an opportunity for Duhon to make inroads as THE back up. I'd like to see Nash's minutes cut down to save him the wear and tear as the season goes on. I'd hate to see him lying flat on the sidelines resting than having to be rushed back because the second unit coughed up a sizable lead.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14997
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby last stand on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:50 am

it would have been easier to cop to the flip flopping because now there is no chance in hell doc lets it go
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7351
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:39 pm

gcclaker wrote:With Blake out...an opportunity for Duhon to make inroads as THE back up. I'd like to see Nash's minutes cut down to save him the wear and tear as the season goes on. I'd hate to see him lying flat on the sidelines resting than having to be rushed back because the second unit coughed up a sizable lead.

Yeah I'm getting more and more nervous about our backup PG situation. I know Blake isn't good, but I know Duhon is worse. If Duhon is "battling" for a spot on our roster... we need a little help there behind Steve.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36934
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Finwë on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Obviously I was hacked.

Really? That's what you're going with? Hacked?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8070
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Finwë on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:59 pm

therealdeal wrote:
gcclaker wrote:With Blake out...an opportunity for Duhon to make inroads as THE back up. I'd like to see Nash's minutes cut down to save him the wear and tear as the season goes on. I'd hate to see him lying flat on the sidelines resting than having to be rushed back because the second unit coughed up a sizable lead.

Yeah I'm getting more and more nervous about our backup PG situation. I know Blake isn't good, but I know Duhon is worse. If Duhon is "battling" for a spot on our roster... we need a little help there behind Steve.

Blake is bad, granted, but when playing PG (and not the 2 as he did occationally last season) I don't think he's nearly as bad as some posters here are claiming. He had some terrible stretches, but he also came up big in certain big games. He can shoot the 3, it's usually just a matter of confidence and choosing to actually shoot it, which I think has to improve this year, his 3rd with the team, and with the best teammates he's had so far in terms of talent.
I'm worried about our bench production at the 1, but not that worried. I think we'll be fine.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8070
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:29 pm

Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
gcclaker wrote:With Blake out...an opportunity for Duhon to make inroads as THE back up. I'd like to see Nash's minutes cut down to save him the wear and tear as the season goes on. I'd hate to see him lying flat on the sidelines resting than having to be rushed back because the second unit coughed up a sizable lead.

Yeah I'm getting more and more nervous about our backup PG situation. I know Blake isn't good, but I know Duhon is worse. If Duhon is "battling" for a spot on our roster... we need a little help there behind Steve.

Blake is bad, granted, but when playing PG (and not the 2 as he did occationally last season) I don't think he's nearly as bad as some posters here are claiming. He had some terrible stretches, but he also came up big in certain big games. He can shoot the 3, it's usually just a matter of confidence and choosing to actually shoot it, which I think has to improve this year, his 3rd with the team, and with the best teammates he's had so far in terms of talent.
I'm worried about our bench production at the 1, but not that worried. I think we'll be fine.

Oh I agree, I've been saying that Blake will be fine, but who knows how long it takes him to fully recover from a freaking puncture wound you know? It could be a month or two before he comes back and in the meantime we're asking Duhon to be our backup PG... that's a little scary.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36934
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Finwë on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:31 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
gcclaker wrote:With Blake out...an opportunity for Duhon to make inroads as THE back up. I'd like to see Nash's minutes cut down to save him the wear and tear as the season goes on. I'd hate to see him lying flat on the sidelines resting than having to be rushed back because the second unit coughed up a sizable lead.

Yeah I'm getting more and more nervous about our backup PG situation. I know Blake isn't good, but I know Duhon is worse. If Duhon is "battling" for a spot on our roster... we need a little help there behind Steve.

Blake is bad, granted, but when playing PG (and not the 2 as he did occationally last season) I don't think he's nearly as bad as some posters here are claiming. He had some terrible stretches, but he also came up big in certain big games. He can shoot the 3, it's usually just a matter of confidence and choosing to actually shoot it, which I think has to improve this year, his 3rd with the team, and with the best teammates he's had so far in terms of talent.
I'm worried about our bench production at the 1, but not that worried. I think we'll be fine.

Oh I agree, I've been saying that Blake will be fine, but who knows how long it takes him to fully recover from a freaking puncture wound you know? It could be a month or two before he comes back and in the meantime we're asking Duhon to be our backup PG... that's a little scary.

Oh I forgot about that puncture wound! Crap. Well hopefully if he's out it'll be a short absence because I agree, we can't have Duhon as our second PG, he's awful :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8070
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby John3:16 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:25 pm

Finwë wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Obviously I was hacked.

Really? That's what you're going with? Hacked?


Why don't you lay off him man? He says he was hacked then he was hacked. He's a great poster and honestly, I agree with his ranking of the players.

Great list Texas Lakers Fan! :jam2:
Image
User avatar
John3:16

 
Posts: 31291
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby John3:16 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:25 pm

John3:16 wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Obviously I was hacked.

Really? That's what you're going with? Hacked?


Why don't you lay off him man? He says he was hacked then he was hacked. He's a great poster and honestly, I agree with his ranking of the players.

Great list Texas Lakers Fan! :jam2:


Obviously I was hacked.
Image
User avatar
John3:16

 
Posts: 31291
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby kenzo on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:49 pm

John3:16 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Obviously I was hacked.

Really? That's what you're going with? Hacked?


Why don't you lay off him man? He says he was hacked then he was hacked. He's a great poster and honestly, I agree with his ranking of the players.

Great list Texas Lakers Fan! :jam2:


Obviously I was hacked.

ROTFL :man10:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5556
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Finwë on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:26 am

:man10: :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8070
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:47 am

John3:16 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Obviously I was hacked.

Really? That's what you're going with? Hacked?


Why don't you lay off him man? He says he was hacked then he was hacked. He's a great poster and honestly, I agree with his ranking of the players.

Great list Texas Lakers Fan! :jam2:


Obviously I was hacked.

:lol:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

 
Posts: 11446
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:06 pm
Location: From the Bay to LA

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby v1n5anity on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:46 am

John3:16 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Obviously I was hacked.

Really? That's what you're going with? Hacked?


Why don't you lay off him man? He says he was hacked then he was hacked. He's a great poster and honestly, I agree with his ranking of the players.

Great list Texas Lakers Fan! :jam2:


Obviously I was hacked.


Wow. Complete ownage.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby therealdeal on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 am

Finwë wrote:Oh I forgot about that puncture wound! Crap. Well hopefully if he's out it'll be a short absence because I agree, we can't have Duhon as our second PG, he's awful :man10:

Yeah I think he's supposed to be cleared in three weeks but I've never heard of this kind of injury. Who knows how long it takes for him to be 100%.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36934
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby gcclaker on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:38 am

therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:Oh I forgot about that puncture wound! Crap. Well hopefully if he's out it'll be a short absence because I agree, we can't have Duhon as our second PG, he's awful :man10:

Yeah I think he's supposed to be cleared in three weeks but I've never heard of this kind of injury. Who knows how long it takes for him to be 100%.

Last season, Blake wasn't doing too bad until that rib injury that he sustained against Phoenix. Maybe he was not fully recovered when he came back and was cautious. Case in point: Blake took some criticism for sidestepping a charge. He had trouble fully recovering his groove. Blake had some moments but was mostly sporadic.

For all his physical attributes, I was not aware that Duhon is reportedly this bad. I thought he was average at best from the small sample of games I saw him in action.

The biggest obstacle that Nash will have to deal with is knowing when to take over with Bryant on the floor. I would prefer him to keep his dribble...pick and probe. All 24 needs to do is move without the ball and he'll find him. No doubt it will be an adjustment for both. It all starts on the 7th...
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14997
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Finwë on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:43 pm

Steve Nash ‏@SteveNash
Los Angeles, Ca.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8070
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 am

gcclaker wrote:Last season, Blake wasn't doing too bad until that rib injury that he sustained against Phoenix. Maybe he was not fully recovered when he came back and was cautious. Case in point: Blake took some criticism for sidestepping a charge. He had trouble fully recovering his groove. Blake had some moments but was mostly sporadic.

For all his physical attributes, I was not aware that Duhon is reportedly this bad. I thought he was average at best from the small sample of games I saw him in action.

The biggest obstacle that Nash will have to deal with is knowing when to take over with Bryant on the floor. I would prefer him to keep his dribble...pick and probe. All 24 needs to do is move without the ball and he'll find him. No doubt it will be an adjustment for both. It all starts on the 7th...

Blake will be okay when he's healthy. I suppose serviceable would be the right word. He's a body that can fill in and get beat up for a few minutes while better players take control. He's not ideal, but he won't be the worst choice out there.

Duhon would be the worst choice out there. :man10: I think Duhon has some reputed strengths like defense and shooting that will give him a shot at knocking Blake to the 3rd PG spot, but I doubt it. Blake would have to do something crazy like puncture his foot to make that happen.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36934
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:23 am

I'm concerned about that backup 1 position. I don't trust Blake nor Duhon. Nash can't play heavy minutes. We need to figure something out...
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigdog2013, Center Court, Doc Brown, MSNbot Media and 15 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.