Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion - Welcome to LA!

Postby Kit on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 am

He looked great last night. He was like F mike brown, I do what I do best!
Kit

Postby kray28 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:24 am

Kit wrote:He looked great last night. He was like F mike brown, I do what I do best!

Then he got hurt.
kray28

Postby kray28 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 am

therealdeal wrote:I thought he looked much, much better last night. He mixed in some pick and roll and the offense really worked much better and smoother.

Obviously the bruised leg is going to be a problem, but hopefully he can heal up today and be ready to go. He was starting to click a little and I'd like to see him get a chance to expand on that.

I'm thinking he's out a few games, a week or so of downtime.
kray28

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:22 pm

John Ireland just said on ESPN 710 that both Nash and Kobe were limping pretty badly when they landed last night. Thinks Kobe most likely will play and Nash is 50/50

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby XXIV on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:33 pm

I wish we had more than a one day break, which we should after a back to back, in order for these two guys to heal up.
Last edited by XXIV on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXIV

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Nash is a warrior, but we need him healthy. F*** it. Don't play him if he's not feeling well.

We start out 0-3 and the sky keeps falling, but if we end up in the Finals all this will be forgotten.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:46 pm

therealdeal wrote:We start out 0-3 and the sky keeps falling, but if we end up in the Finals all this will be forgotten.

Not if it really falls though.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:50 pm

karacha wrote:
therealdeal wrote:We start out 0-3 and the sky keeps falling, but if we end up in the Finals all this will be forgotten.

Not if it really falls though.

I fully expect things to be fine in 3 weeks. At probably 5-6 weeks people will look back and think "wow I was way over the top about this".

Until then though the sky will continue to fall and people will continue to be upset. I'm going to do my best to keep a level head.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Well, but if it keeps falling and manages to fall before we finally win the championship... then we're #$%^%. :man10:

Seriously now, I know what you're saying. Let's hope you're right. I'm hoping we'll be able to at least win one game soon. The forum will explode with joy.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersFanInCali on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:06 pm

People got to stop complaining about Nash. He is a shell of his former self and can't play defense.

Do we really want to be Phoenix 2.0 ? This is the Los Angeles Lakers and the core guys are still here that won back to back in the last 5 years.

I don't see any value if we decided to run Nash's offense. That offense won zero rings.

It's up to Nash and the coaches to try to fit Nash into the system.
LakersFanInCali

Postby bystander on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:12 pm

the core guys are still here that won back to back in the last 5 years.

Only Kobe and Pau are left from those times.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby LakersFanInCali on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 pm

bystander wrote:
the core guys are still here that won back to back in the last 5 years.

Only Kobe and Pau are left from those times.

yes....and these guys should be the main focal point.

Everyone seems to want to contribute....only Pau has adjusted and became Kobe's sidekick.

We should learn something from the Kobe and Shaq era, dominant center and dominant guard. The rest would have to be just role players. Including Nash and Pau.
LakersFanInCali

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:20 pm

karacha wrote:Well, but if it keeps falling and manages to fall before we finally win the championship... then we're #$%^%. :man10:

Seriously now, I know what you're saying. Let's hope you're right. I'm hoping we'll be able to at least win one game soon. The forum will explode with joy.

I will seriously bet 20 bucks the forum sees maybe 3/4 of the traffic it's been seeing. :man10:

People don't want to discuss wins, they love to discuss losses. If we win one game, there'll be some people here but far more people will be here the next time we lose. Guaranteed. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 pm

therealdeal wrote:I fully expect things to be fine in 3 weeks. At probably 5-6 weeks people will look back and think "wow I was way over the top about this".

Until then though the sky will continue to fall and people will continue to be upset. I'm going to do my best to keep a level head.

It will be awhile I think... I don't expect this crew to have it together until January at the latest. They are now nursing injuries to Bryant who cannot rescue them through points of stagnancy with his usual bursts and now Nash who is needed to keep order on the floor. It affects the cohesion which is another setback that have to be dealth with. Too many kinks right now to iron out including getting acclimated to the new offense hence all these turnovers.

A win tomorrow though will at least give some positive vibes to build on...
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:40 pm

There were positive vibes last night on the floor in the first half. in the second half not as many.

You're right about the continuity being an issue. We can't get a string of 3 games together? Ugh. Our starters need time to build chemistry and Kobe and Nash are getting banged up which is limiting our time.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:42 pm

We can beat the Clippers without Nash, rest him.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Lakers use Pick & Roll on 6% of their plays....thats last in the league. Hopefully they learn the princeton very quickly so we can start using P&R and win some games.
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:06 pm

^ That is maybe the most useless stat that I've seen in a long time.

Does that stat honestly reflect anything this early in the season? 2 games? Dwight is shooting like 75% from the floor in two games. Is that something we should now come to expect? Is that something we should draw conclusions on?

Two games. That's it. Two games.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ojdidit123 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:07 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:We can beat the Clippers without Nash, rest him.

Really? Just like we were gonna beat the Mav's without Dirk hmmmm We're probably starting 0-3 could be ugly on Friday but eventually we might get this thing goin
ojdidit123

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:22 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ That is maybe the most useless stat that I've seen in a long time.

Does that stat honestly reflect anything this early in the season? 2 games? Dwight is shooting like 75% from the floor in two games. Is that something we should now come to expect? Is that something we should draw conclusions on?

just saying to reassure those who are worried. it simply means theyre not running p&r on purpose to learn the princeton offense. 6% isnt an accident and it proves nash is just trying to learn the offense as well as help others. not bagging on the lakers for not using p&r...just hoping the princeton is learned quickly as we all are. for those, like myself, were wondering why nash wasnt allowed to use p&r...theres statical facts proving the reasons why.
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:22 pm

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/264113703434199041

Lakers list @SteveNash (lower leg contusion) as "doubtful" for Friday's game vs the Clippers.

Steve Blake and Chris Duhon vs Chris Paul and Eric Bledsoe :bang: :bang: :bang:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 pm

ojdidit123 wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:We can beat the Clippers without Nash, rest him.

Really? Just like we were gonna beat the Mav's without Dirk hmmmm We're probably starting 0-3 could be ugly on Friday but eventually we might get this thing goin

We mostly lost to the Mavs due to our terrible free throw shooting and the offense being too robotic for trying to run it so well. Turnovers were a huge part in loss #2 but I wouldn't think too much of it, offense looked a bit better but cmon, how often do we really win in Portland? We can beat the Clippers.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/264113703434199041

Lakers list @SteveNash (lower leg contusion) as "doubtful" for Friday's game vs the Clippers.

Steve Blake and Chris Duhon vs Chris Paul and Eric Bledsoe :bang: :bang: :bang:

You forgot about our secret weapon.

Darius Morris!

:man10:
Frank Dux

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ That is maybe the most useless stat that I've seen in a long time.

just saying to reassure those who are worried. it simply means theyre not running p&r on purpose to learn the princeton offense. 6% isnt an accident and it proves nash is just trying to learn the offense as well as help others. not bagging on the lakers for not using p&r...just hoping the princeton is learned quickly as we all are. for those, like myself, were wondering why nash wasnt allowed to use p&r...theres statical facts proving the reasons why.

Fair enough. I'm just very on edge right now from the massive amounts of pessimism around Laker fans right now.

You're completely right. Nash is running the offense to a fault right now. Last night however looked much better. He either initiated the offense or moved the pick and roll quickly. And I saw that they emphasized Brown's philosophy of "rim to rim" running where the guy streaking down the floor gets rewarded.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Steve Nash Discussion (Doubtful for Clipper game)

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:31 pm

^ the funny thing is I think hes played welll vs Clippers. Remember the preseason game last year and the 1st regular season meeting where he hit a couple of floaters and that half court shot. Maybe thats the 1 team hes decent against, who knows lol

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion