Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: 10k assist club

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 pm

It's beautiful when Kobe is doubled on the strong side and the ball gets swung to Nash on the weak side, allowing Nash to then be the play-maker while the defense is still in scramble mode. It's game over for the defense as soon as Nash gets the ball on the weak side, even though the shot is still sometimes 2-3 passes away.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Punk-101 wrote:It's beautiful when Kobe is doubled on the strong side and the ball gets swung to Nash on the weak side, allowing Nash to then be the play-maker while the defense is still in scramble mode. It's game over for the defense as soon as Nash gets the ball on the weak side, even though the shot is still sometimes 2-3 passes away.

It's insane the kind of ball/man movement we have right now. When teams are scrambling, we're just moving and picking and eating up defenses.

Another plus is that with all the passes the refs get lost too which means we get away with a lot of 3 second violations. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:05 pm

The most accurate outside shooter on the squad getting opps? God Bless Them.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:16 pm

Why Nash left Suns for the Lakers, for the championship right ?

Nash must be regretting now, he must be thinking now why he wants to be in this mess.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Weezy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 pm

Of everyone on this team I feel bad for Nash most of all, he signed up for a chance at a championship or two, instead he might miss the playoffs, but you won't hear him complain because he's a good dude. Oh well, could have been just as bad in Toronto, but then again he could have gone to NY, ouch.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 pm

he had no palpable imprint on this game. might've been the return to phx throwing him off...i dunno.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby kblo247 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Nash had an imprint like Barry said, he killed the team in the first half when he tried to run the O those 7 straight trips where Kobe didnt touch it. Oh and Dragic schooled him too. He has to stay off the damn ball because he truly hurts us when he tries to run the O this year

And no way in hell I feel sorry for him. He got everything without a sacrifice. NY like media, Toronto like money, location close to his kids, his coach, and it was him who chose to extend with sawrver who was openly selling picks and talent years ago because of dollar signs ... He's a bust and belongs on the trade block like Pau because he literally makes the job of both one and Dwight harder over easier on both ends
kblo247

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:11 am

He wasn't hitting shots and for some reason we decided to let him run the show when he's proven he can't exactly do that anymore or at least not with this squad.

Hopefully we don't try to get away from our gameplan again. ^^ is right. There was that massive gap when Nash was controlling and Kobe didn't even see the ball.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby phoenixrisingla on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:47 am

It doesnt seem like nash has that "first step" speed to beat his man off the dribble and draw the double, or even stress the P&R defense. Thats the biggest reason we saw so much success with Kobe initiating the offense. He can still break down the D, cause doubles, ect.

People are just guarding Nash straight up and stopping him. And when you have a center who cant establish post position any other way than the P&R (which Nash and Dwight still havent been able to figure out) it makes things rough.
phoenixrisingla

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:03 pm

Dwight can establish post position fine, but he gets in the habit of setting terrible screens.

In Orlando he used to have a PG (Nelson, Lou, Arenas) who could use their speed/quickness and see that slip screen to find the room he needed. He also had a SG/SF/PF who could lineup at the opposite side and command respect from the three point line. The ball would just move outside until he sealed inside and it was no big deal that he never actually set a screen.

In LA, we don't have that. He needs to set a solid screen and that's not something he does normally. Nash then gets trapped quickly and it's game over.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Man, this dude would be wreaking havoc in the Triangle. Every night, he's got great shooting %'s working off ball. Gah. What. We. Could. Have. Been. :man5:
Armani

Postby The Rock on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Please shoot more!! only 9 shots??

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:45 pm

Nash should be the recipient of a lot of open 3's that are going to MWP. I saw him multiple times this game wide open at the 3 point line, hands ready, only for a bad shot to be put up by MWP or someone else. If Kobe is going to be pg, let Nash be the SG he's playing, let him shoot, give him SOMETHING to do, there's no one I want taking open shots more than Nash.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Weezy wrote:Nash should be the recipient of a lot of open 3's that are going to MWP. I saw him multiple times this game wide open at the 3 point line, hands ready, only for a bad shot to be put up by MWP or someone else. If Kobe is going to be pg, let Nash be the SG he's playing, let him shoot, give him SOMETHING to do, there's no one I want taking open shots more than Nash.

These past five games we've seen a lot of ball movement from everyone but MWP, it seems to me. I've seen everyone make the extra pass when they had a reasonably good look in order to get the next guy a better one, except MWP. Tunnel vision applies for shooting too I guess.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby XXIV on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 pm

MWP really does suffer from tunnel vision and frankly I believe it's because of how high his confidence in himself is. You would think think seeing all the extra passes his teammates do will click something but sadly it hasn't.
XXIV

Postby davriver290 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:31 am

XXIV wrote:MWP really does suffer from tunnel vision and frankly I believe it's because of how high his confidence in himself is. You would think think seeing all the extra passes his teammates do will click something but sadly it hasn't.

MWP deserves to have confidence. He's in amazing shape. he's probably been the most consistent out of all our role players. He's hitting the 3's at a respectable percentage. He does have some bonehead moves, but so does every other guy on our team.

Back to Nash, love this guy. he's just a sniper from out there. Its too bad he can't be the creator he was in PHX, but he's doing fine just staying within the offense and just hitting those wide open shots.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby Armani on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:36 am

I would've loved to see prime Nash and Kobe on the same team. I still remember them going at it in their primes from 06-10. Nash's passing with drop 50 any day Kobe? Man, this team would've been sick. It's too bad they are paired up now as Dinodudes.
Armani

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:08 am

Armani wrote:I would've loved to see prime Nash and Kobe on the same team. I still remember them going at it in their primes from 06-10. Nash's passing with drop 50 any day Kobe? Man, this team would've been sick. It's too bad they are paired up now as Dinodudes.

True. Don't know if we could've pulled it off (Phoenix has to want to trade him), but having this team with those guys younger or in their primes would've been insane. Even just one of them, put '06 Kobe on this team and it's a whole different game. I would do anything to watch that
Too bad Kobe's prime was wasted like that. When he got some help he was kinda exiting it, still beasting, but no question his prime was around between 05-08
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Can't believe what I just saw. Choke much?
Finwë

Postby kenzo on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Choker :man9:
kenzo

Postby karacha on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:29 pm

I have been watching Nash for years, but I've never seen him missing 2 FTs in the clutch. Never.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Wow he missed 2 straight clutch free throws. WHat the hell man

Ive seen him miss 2 free throws before though...2003 vs Clippers in LA. He missed 2 FTs, Glen Rice hit a 3 and won the game at the buzzer

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:35 pm

The Rock wrote:Wow he missed 2 straight clutch free throws. WHat the hell man

Ive seen him miss 2 free throws before though...2003 vs Clippers in LA. He missed 2 FTs, Glen Rice hit a 3 and won the game at the buzzer

Wow that's a long time. :man11:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:36 pm

karacha wrote:I have been watching Nash for years, but I've never seen him missing 2 FTs in the clutch. Never.

when you think about our season, this doesn't surprise me at all.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby KB24 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Clark and Nash both deserve a kick in the butt for that last minute choke job. Gasol almost broke the backboard and Kobe jacked up an insane off-balanced shot...it was a collective "moment".

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion