Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: passes Magic in all time assists

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Easily his worst game for me as a Laker.

And even so he hit that great jump shot in the lane... That was some veteran ice.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:50 pm

back issues. explains it, says he should be fine by Sunday
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby shoe on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Dunno what was up with his shot today. HE had so many good looks
shoe

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:54 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:back issues. explains it, says he should be fine by Sunday

Yep I caught that. That's no good.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:57 pm

This is the huge downside of trying to win with an ancient roster. Every game it's just like you're crossing your fingers that someone's hip doesn't give out or it's back to square one. Just not a recipe for success.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Jellincon on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:02 am

Struggled all game but came through in the clutch.
Jellincon

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:18 am

couldn't hit a shot but still dropped some great dimes.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Chillbongo on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:21 am

He said it was his back?
Chillbongo

Postby sina on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:15 am

Random thoughts:

How to score in final minutes...
In terms of scoring ability, I think Kobe, Nash, Gasol and Jamison are above average scorers and can create their own shot. However, Gasol and Jamison may not on the court in final minutes. Who would be on the court then? Howard, Kobe and Nash for sure. Who else? At 4, we have Gasol, Clark and Jamison. However, Gasol is ineffective to play alongside Howard, Jamison too no D, Clark may be the answer here. However, he is at best an average player and is unproven. His defender may leave him to double team Howard or Bryant. Can he play PnR with Nash? Or can he be a consistent shooter to take the pass from Nash after running PnR with Howard? At 3, we have MWP and...Clark again. MWP's shooting will allow his defender to leave him wide opened and go to help defending Kobe etc. so I think MWP shouldn't be on the court. It hurts our offense in fact. For Clark, he is not as effective as at 4. So Lakers may consider Kobe at 3 and play Meeks or Blake at 2. Meeks is an good defender and shooter. He is good to be here to take the pass from Kobe, Nash or Howard. However, he needs to be more consistent on his 3. Blake's ability to key the ball and set play would be brilliant as Kobe and Nash would be checked all time. However, he is too passive most of the time. It puts pressure on other teammates. So, I really suggest Lakers to acquire a guard who could key the pall, set play, take 3 and penetrate...like Ridnour, Barea, Billups, Miller, West...my ideal lineup is Howard, Clark/Pau, Kobe, Meeks/Blake, Nash...and I hope Nash and Howard develop PnR ASAP...and Howard to stay away from foul trouble...and Nash save enough energy for final minutes...next year, hope we could land another SF. Pau for PP:)
sina

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 am

The guy shot horrible and had "just" 6 assists, but he really gave a passing clinic last night.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 am

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Explanation for Nash’s rare off shooting night (2 for 11): he tweaked his back in the 1st Q and had no mobility.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:20 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Performance, clutch 3 and Lakers victory today from @SteveNash all the more impressive considering back spasms he overcame.

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Nash told me this isn't his usual well-known back problem. This is a unique (temporary) issue that has muscles in his back all locked up.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby yossarian33 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:21 pm

Congrats to Steve, one of my favourite players; on passing Magic, my all time favourite player in assists. :jam2: :bow:

Now let's see this team keep rolling into the playoffs and make some noise when it counts.

Maybe the wrong place i realize, but also loving Rudy Gay on the Raps right now. Finally something to cheer for there, even though i was a big Calderon fan.
yossarian33

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:30 pm

He's clutch as hell, every time he shoots in late game situations I feel like it's going in.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jellincon on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Took over in the 3rd and generated a lot of easy looks for everyone on O. Clutch as usual down the stretch.
Jellincon

Postby karacha on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Aside from being clutch, Nash has a very good tolerance for pain. He's a real warrior.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:06 pm

So clutch
JLaker17

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:25 pm

I think it might be worth pulling a Popovich here and resting Nash tomorrow. He would have until Thursday off then

Not gonna happen but it might be a good move
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:48 am

Nash is 12/17 in the clutch ( 5 min left in the 4th , game score margin within 5pts) this season ... 5/7 from three pts land

By the way the new NBA.com stats database is great
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:01 am

There was a point yesterday when Steve took over the game. I want to say it was in the 3rd.

But I was watching him do his thing and I just couldn't help thinking "why the f*** are we fighting for the 8th seed?" :man10:

Were we THAT banged up?? Was our chemistry THAT awful?... Geez. We've got an amazing PG, the best C, and the best SG. What the hell?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:39 am

Yes, our chemistry was that awful, and we were banged up. Then we got a new coach and no one, except one player, knew how to play in his system.

If we played like this from the start we'd be a .650-.700+ team and probably top 2 in the West. So... yeah. It was that awful. Once MDA made some adjustments, Dwight and Kobe figured everything out, Nash said "eff it, I'm going to shoot the ball" and Clark&Jamison became major factors... we became a .700+ team. And that's without Pau Gasol.Perhaps too late, but at least we're watching some good basketball right now. Better then nothing.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:56 am

^^^ At least it makes it way easier for the FO this offseason in addressing what this team needs to put them over the top.

Nash/Kobe/D12/Clark/Hill/Jamison/Meeks......they work and are starting to work well with each other. Now the FO has to decide how to incorporate 1-2 wing players in that scenario to plug the holes we have on this team right now.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:17 am

We still have some weaknesses though, no reliable backup big, no speed out in the perimeter, no 3 point shooting SF/PF who can defend. I think we can win grindout games, thats the Lakers style but how can we control tempo when we're going 4 on 5 these days on offense. We're doing ok now with Kobe dropping 40 a night but he cant do this every game

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^ At least it makes it way easier for the FO this offseason in addressing what this team needs to put them over the top.

Nash/Kobe/D12/Clark/Hill/Jamison/Meeks......they work and are starting to work well with each other. Now the FO has to decide how to incorporate 1-2 wing players in that scenario to plug the holes we have on this team right now.

Yep. Now it's clearer than ever that Pau isn't necessary for our team. He's a luxury. Trade him for either a star if we can land one, or some young pieces and picks. Next season, health permitting, we'll make a better run than this season.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:39 pm

^ I wouldn't go that far. These last 3 wins were against an ECF 7th seed in Boston, a 10th seed in Portland, and an 11th seed in Dallas.

I like Pau but I am ready to move him as well, but I wouldn't say he is a luxury. He did play well in that OKC game we pulled out a few weeks back.
Chillbongo

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion