Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: no Spurs, possible for Houston (144)

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:28 pm

We do need his ability of on offense to orchestrate & his shooting ability. With Pau & Howard out there, teams are going to pack the paint. We need as many decent shooters as possible to space the floor so they can have space to work with in the paint...
Last edited by dwighthowardsdad on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Nashty Gal on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:28 pm

Dang, Steve. I love seeing you in suits, but we need you out there.. wtf hurry up
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby last stand on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 pm

when he comes back he's the guy who has to handle the ball.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:With Pau & Gasol out there, teams are going to pack the paint.

Is that better or worse than our Dwight and Howard lineup?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:31 pm

JSM wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:With Pau & Gasol out there, teams are going to pack the paint.

LOl! Been a long day. Edited it.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Juronimo on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:36 pm

JSM wrote:

I don't know. What did Stu and Lantz have to say about it?
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:38 pm

Despite the win tonight, we need his PG skills because Blake is obviously doing great but a Nash-Blake combo would be great to finish the regular season out.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Need you back Nashty!
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:59 pm

I want him back, but at the same time, Nash guarding Westbrook for an entire playoff series... :scurred:

I love Nash, great teammate, great shooter, good passer (this season he went from great to good sorry), but man his defense is terrible, we're gonna get torched by whoever he guards.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Weezy wrote:I want him back, but at the same time, Nash guarding Westbrook for an entire playoff series... :scurred:

I love Nash, great teammate, great shooter, good passer (this season he went from great to good sorry), but man his defense is terrible, we're gonna get torched by whoever he guards.

yea but you can't NOT play him if you want to win, if he's healthy that is. bad with the good unfortunately
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:10 pm

I like the guy for all the reasons I listed, but man I'm starting to re-think the signing. He's old, injuries will keep happening, and he'll continue to give up as many points as he gets, if not more. I honestly wouldn't be upset if he was traded for a younger PG this offseason.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Weezy wrote:I want him back, but at the same time, Nash guarding Westbrook for an entire playoff series... :scurred:

well Nash hasn't been around and look at the performance by Lilliard & Curry the last 2 gms.....does matter who's out there as the PG? same defensive results.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:15 pm

khmrP wrote:

well Nash hasn't been around and look at the performance by Lilliard & Curry the last 2 gms.....does matter who's out there as the PG? same defensive results.

Nobody stops Curry though, and Lillard might have torched Nash even worse. At least tonight from what I saw Blake and Morris did a good job on Parker.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Weezy wrote: I honestly wouldn't be upset if he was traded for a younger PG this offseason.

He came here to be closer to his kids. Odds of finding a trading partner in the Western Conference just as close to Phoenix isn't good. If the team acquiring him actually wants him, I don't see them being sold on the fact that he won't retire if traded.

With Kobe out, I think we would get to see more P&R with Nash and Dwight. Plus Nash should feel more comfortable handling the ball like he did in Phoenix. Think there are more positives to keeping him than moving him.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Parker sucked last year too when we played him at SAS, he came back next week and torched us. Its 1 game, i wouldnt think much of it

We can live with Nash's bad defense as long as he doesnt turn the ball over or pass the ball off when hes open at the end of shot clock just because he wasnt completely wide open

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby khmrP on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Weezy wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Nobody stops Curry though, and Lillard might have torched Nash even worse. At least tonight from what I saw Blake and Morris did a good job on Parker.

that wasn't all D, Parker just wasn't aggresive.....if this had a been a playoff gm Parker would've done what he normally has done to us. Honestly to me doesn't matter who's out there checking opposing teams PG's, this team just CANT and doesn't know how to guard any type of PG. However with that said IF we can get a younger PG to start I'd be for it but w/o trading Nash.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:22 pm

JSM wrote:
Weezy wrote: I honestly wouldn't be upset if he was traded for a younger PG this offseason.

He came here to be closer to his kids. Odds of finding a trading partner in the Western Conference just as close to Phoenix isn't good. If the team acquiring him actually wants him, I don't see them being sold on the fact that he won't retire if traded.

With Kobe out, I think we would get to see more P&R with Nash and Dwight. Plus Nash should feel more comfortable handling the ball like he did in Phoenix. Think there are more positives to keeping him than moving him.

I like him, I still think he can contribute a lot, I don't WANT to trade him, but if the opportunity came up for a young, speedy PG and we did it, I wouldn't be upset. Another thing this season that has bothered me about him is he's been really bad with the turnovers, he falls down and loses the ball a lot, gets trapped and throws the ball away a lot, if that's not due to age I don't know what it is. If he does come back and we make the playoffs though, I expect to see him play PG like we expected, if he can't, I'm going to continue to question his usefulness going forward. I think we got him 1 or 2 years to late sadly. What I would not mind seeing is us somehow getting a speedy young PG to start and maybe have Nash come off the bench, that way he can run that unit and not be reduced to a spot up shooter next to Kobe, if Kobe is playing that is.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:24 pm

khmrP wrote:
Weezy wrote:
khmrP wrote:

that wasn't all D, Parker just wasn't aggresive.....if this had a been a playoff gm Parker would've done what he normally has done to us. Honestly to me doesn't matter who's out there checking opposing teams PG's, this team just CANT and doesn't know how to guard any type of PG. However with that said IF we can get a younger PG to start I'd be for it but w/o trading Nash.

No, it wasn't all D, but having guards that are speedy and athletic enough to stay in front of their man a good portion of the time, quick enough to get back to their man when screened or helping, or at least stay on their man's hip as he drives makes a difference. Nash just gets beat outright almost every time, and it's not for lack of effort, he's just old.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby BruinLaker87 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:23 am

People are really misinterpreting how incredibly valuable Nash can be to us, because they're framing the issue of his decline against who he was/his role in Phx. We don't need him to be that player, nor will he be.

Instead, he can be our Steve Kerr, Ray Allen, etc. Just drain 3s, make good decisions, facilitate the offense, serve as a coach out on the floor, and be a good teammate.

He can do that - very effeciently - for 2 more seasons. The guy is MONEY from 3.
BruinLaker87

Postby Weezy on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:35 am

He does have value in all those areas, he just lacks almost any defense at all. What I'm saying is that we need to get guys on this team that can make up for what he lacks, younger guys, athletic guys, guys that can play D. Steve Kerr got made up for on defense by plenty of guys on the Bulls and Spurs for example. And Ray Allen, has actually been a good defender his whole career from what I've seen.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:35 pm

https://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/323956805652840448

Lakers' season, as usual, hinges on medical results: Steve Nash (hamstring/hip) had MRI today. Results expected tomorrow.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby XXIV on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Why did it take them so long to get an MRI done? Looks like there's a chance we may not have Nash for the playoffs either.
XXIV

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 pm

No wonder he didn't want to leave Phoenix last few years even though they stunk. If it weren't for the medical staff this dude cant get on the court

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:27 pm

XXIV wrote:Why did it take them so long to get an MRI done? Looks like there's a chance we may not have Nash for the playoffs either.

The MRI today is probably more or less to check on the progress, not necessarily to see if anything else is wrong.

Makes sense to me.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:28 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 2m
Nash (hamstring) is currently listed as doubtful for the Lakers' final regular-season game Wednesday vs. Houston.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

I don't know if I can take another season of this off again on again injury stuff. Send him back to Phoenix for Beasley and ShanWow, so he can retire a Sun.

(Frustration post)
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion