Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Nash Discussion: ESPN LA 710 radio interview (160)

Postby Ras Algethi on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Hate to say it but Nash and Pau need to go. We need a fresh start and these ancient players are just holding us back.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby Barnstable on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:17 pm

It's sad and I don't really want to say it because he is such an icon and basketball legend, but he does need to retire. His body just can't hold up anymore, and we haven't even started the season.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm trying to figure out if Nash and Pau are holding back because it's preseason, or they really are both shells of themselves. Nash gets bumped around and trapped so easily, he still makes great passes and is a great shooter, but he's just not the same guy. Pau goes toward the hoop to try and score like a coupe times a game, it's all 20 foot jumpers and fadeaways. It's like he doesn't have the energy or desire anymore to be a post player, he'd rather shoot jumpers, an absolute shell of the guy he was in 2009 and 2010. Maybe it's the lesser competition, or maybe it's just me, but the bench unit seems to be outplaying the starters a lot, on defense AND offense. They're at the very least more fun to watch, I almost get bored watching the starters compared to the bench, and that's not good IMO, if Kobe isn't himself some rime this season our starters will struggle.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:00 pm

^

Which is kinda strange, because Pau always insists that he needs the ball in the post.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:09 am

FO decision not to trade Pau for 2 or 3 solid players at the deadline back in March 2012 keeps hurting us right now ..

He can't ( doesn't want too) jump or move laterally anymore on D ... and refuses the physical fight in the paint on the other end ... yet a myriad of excuses has been used to explain his declining level of play since May 2011.

Mentally , he's just fine with being one of the main offensive weapons ... winning isn't the priority anymore.

Physically , he should lose some weight as Duncan did for his own good and to adapt to today's NBA speed
wcsoldier81

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:05 am

Sad to see it & say it but Nash's career is coming to an end :man6:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 am

Send him back to Phoenix so he can retire on the Suns.

Nash/Meeks for Okafor (who cares if he's hurt)

Sign Shannon

Forget having to worry about every single one Nash's 15 injuries he's developed since training camp.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:54 pm

This man's body cannot handle the beating of an 82 game season. Hes in for personal/professional pride and for the $. Wish he'd retire already but that only helps the Lakers

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Send him back to Phoenix so he can retire on the Suns.

Nash/Meeks for Okafor (who cares if he's hurt)

Sign Shannon

Forget having to worry about every single one Nash's 15 injuries he's developed since training camp.

We have to find a way to get Dragic from them to save some face for not going ahead with the Pau for Dragic/Scola/Martin deal after the CP3 deal fell apart.
LakersN4

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:00 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 1m
Questions remain for creaky Nash, who said cryptically of his slow night: "Strange things happened to me"--and didn't want to elaborate.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

I saw him get kneed one time in thigh and go down and another he was holding his back on the Kaman dribble TO.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:05 pm

He's done. He really doesn't contribute anything out there other than spot up shooting. He can't really create effectively anymore due his lack of mobility - he cant create space or penetrate to force the defense to adjust/shift.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:06 pm

just install one of these at staples:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:11 pm

It's sad, other than a couple assists, he's almost invisible out there. He's not running the offense, he can't play defense, he only brings the ball upcourt part of the time, he's just not Nash anymore. He's not having that Nash impact on the game, it's like he's going through the motions and trying to blend in.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Whatever the Phoenix medical staff did with him, we need to replicate here in LA. I'm not sure what Vitti and crew are doing, but I don't think it's what Phoenix was doing. Sure, Nash is old, but Cuban thought he was old 9 years ago and let him go. He obviously needs special attention in order to be effective. I'm not sure if we have the staff to do it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:17 pm

He's a smart guy and he helped the little run to get back in the 3rd, but he's done. He's straight up done.

He needs to retire. Just retire so we can go sign Shannon or something and let Farmar play a majority of the game.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby thisbjgz on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:27 am

any updates? he's hurt forreal?
thisbjgz

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:22 am

He's perpetually hurt. Everything on his body hurts because he's old as heck and needs to retire.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:24 am

therealdeal wrote:He's perpetually hurt. Everything on his body hurts because he's old as heck and needs to retire.

As long as he is able to play I'm fine with him doing so this year. But at the end of the season he absolutely needs to shut it down. It might happen during the season depending on health of course. But if he can go I'm cool with it until he can't. No more than this season though. He should not be playing next year, period.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:35 am

Lakerjones wrote:
therealdeal wrote:He's perpetually hurt. Everything on his body hurts because he's old as heck and needs to retire.

As long as he is able to play I'm fine with him doing so this year. But at the end of the season he absolutely needs to shut it down. It might happen during the season depending on health of course. But if he can go I'm cool with it until he can't. No more than this season though. He should not be playing next year, period.

Not sure why he'd consider retiring mid-season nor why we would want that.

I agree he is staring retirement in the face but at the same time he's still a great voice and figure in the locker room,brings a lot to the table in terms of knowing this offense and basketball knowledge. He's almost like an assisstant coach in uniform and if he can just play 16-20 mins a game it's a big help.
Center Court

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am

Center Court wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Not sure why he'd consider retiring mid-season nor why we would want that.

I agree he is staring retirement in the face but at the same time he's still a great voice and figure in the locker room,brings a lot to the table in terms of knowing this offense and basketball knowledge. He's almost like an assisstant coach in uniform and if he can just play 16-20 mins a game it's a big help.

If he retires, he can stay on the bench and help that way.

He could retire midseason because maybe it takes 40 games to realize that his body can't handle the rigors of the NBA anymore. That's not impossible. Hell I might go so far as to say it's not unlikely. The Lakers would want that because it means more minutes for the exciting Farmar and less minutes of Nash who is swiftly becoming a liability on the floor. It's not so different than when Fisher was here. Love his attitude, but hate his production.

I'm with you LJ. This season needs to be the end for him. Let the Lakers move on and let us use that salary to help build a new team. It's not that I don't appreciate his contributions. In fact, it's because I like him so much that I'd like to see him retire. I don't want to watch him play this way and have it be the way he's remembered by the Lakers.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:09 am

He's exacly looking like a 2nd part of last season Jason Kidd on the court ... he may be useful as a spot up shooter when Kobe is back ... still he's hurting us too much on D
wcsoldier81

Postby MadMax on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:12 am

I think Nash still has a few good games/moments left in him, but this really is looking like his last season. He's dropped off significantly since leaving Phoenix.

I truly do believe he's got something more to give out there...but there isn't a whole lot left.
MadMax

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:24 am

Nash starts with Blake on spot duty then Farmar taking more than half of the minutes at the point. At this stage of his career, it is all about conserving him for the bigger moments.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby TheOp on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:26 am

I guess im the only one who sees his value. Having Nash play some great offense for 20 minutes a game is a boost to our team. He is pretty bad on D but in 20 minutes of play I think he should at least be able to give a good effort on that end, its not like wel be running him into the ground.

Farmar is easily starting PG material now. He has great skills on offense and hes not a bad defender either. Heres how Id like to see the minutes split up

Nash - 18
Farmar - 25
Blake - 5

That should keep each one of them fresh throughout the season.
TheOp

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:30 am

If he were playing great offense I would gladly take that for 20 mins, but he's not, he's having minimal impact out there. Hell, Blake seems to be playing more actual PG than him from the SG position. I think the only thing he is at the moment of value is what he will never stop being, a great teammate, great locker room guy, good leader and mentor, it's similar to Derek Fisher at the end of his time here IMO.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion