Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:07 am

nice to have two clutch players on the same team... minus that missed FT
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: passes Magic in all time assists

Postby Finwë on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:56 am

That 3 was SO nice, and big.
Not worried about the FT.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:20 am

Numbers of FTs missed by Nash in the last 10 seconds of a game , score within 3 this season : 3

Numbers of FTs missed by Nash in the last 10 seconds of a game , score within 3 from 2003-2004 to 2011-2012 :

Clutch numbers are insane though( 5 min left , score within 5) : 13/18 from the field , 6/8 from 3 :man10: ...

3/7 from the FT line :disagree: :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby Tobias Funke on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:59 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Numbers of FTs missed by Nash in the last 10 seconds of a game , score within 3 this season : 3

Numbers of FTs missed by Nash in the last 10 seconds of a game , score within 3 from 2003-2004 to 2011-2012 :

Clutch numbers are insane though( 5 min left , score within 5) : 13/18 from the field , 6/8 from 3 :man10: ...

Thats crazy. Preciate the post.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:53 am

I love this new version of Stevie... Obviously Phoenix Nash doesn't work with Kobe.

So what does a wily vet do? Adapt. Deadly shooter...

We will be unstoppable if this continues...
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:51 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Numbers of FTs missed by Nash in the last 10 seconds of a game , score within 3 this season : 3

He's just trying to make Dwight feel better...#teambuilding :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby dj vitus on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Anyone catch Steve Nash high-fiving a group of young kids sitting courtside right after the final buzzer sounded? :bow:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Thought he looked great in the 3rd Q with a 10 point barrage.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Weezy on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:23 pm

He's just doing whatever he needs to to help the team, not many 2 time MVP, future hall of fame PGs would change their game like that and not complain once. He still a deadly shooter and clutch as hell though, he hit huge shots in both the Hornets comeback and Raptors game.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Good game. I think he had 10 in that 3rd quarter. He seems to be getting more comfortable playing off the ball game by game. Dwight's screen also has been positively affecting him; Nash has been the recipient of many wide open jumpers, and more importantly, he's converting at a high %...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Terrific game by Nash today. I thought he'd have an easier time of it than his last trip to Chicago as there was no Hinrich to guard him. Nash got it done.
Lakerjones

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:53 pm

took over in the 3rd which was exactly what he needed to do for the team. good leader and hits big shots. super efficient again regardless of assist #'s
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:35 am

Nice to finally have another perimeter player other than Kobe who can break a defense down ...
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:42 am

Great to have 2 guys who you can rely on to hit big shots. For so long, it's just been Kobe. Fisher hit some but every time Nash takes a shot in the clutch, you know it's going in. We're going to kill teams in the halfcourt when the playoffs get here.
lakersin4

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:26 am

Fisher was reliable for making big shots. The good thing about Nash is that he's reliable not only to make big shots, he's also reliable to make big plays (which may or may not end up with a shot of his)
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:17 am

Magic Skywalker wrote:Fisher was reliable for making big shots. The good thing about Nash is that he's reliable not only to make big shots, he's also reliable to make big plays (which may or may not end up with a shot of his)

This. We all know he can find his shot with a well placed screen, but that's not always what we need. Sometimes we need to find the best play on the floor and for the last 10 years I'm not sure there's been many better guys at doing that than Steve.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 am

Magic Skywalker wrote:Fisher was reliable for making big shots. The good thing about Nash is that he's reliable not only to make big shots, he's also reliable to make big plays (which may or may not end up with a shot of his)

Stole my words. Nash is Fisher+
Chillbongo

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:03 pm

Chillbongo wrote:

Man that's an insult to Nash. Fisher made big shots from time to time but he was pretty horrible for most of the game otherwise and his decision making was infuriating. Also look at Nash's 4th quarter numbers this season, they make Fisher look like a chump.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Bro you take things too serious. Take a chill pill mayne
Chillbongo

Postby jOeyB7000 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:08 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:

Man that's an insult to Nash. Fisher made big shots from time to time but he was pretty horrible for most of the game otherwise and his decision making was infuriating. Also look at Nash's 4th quarter numbers this season, they make Fisher look like a chump.

Yes it is.

Nash can make layups.
jOeyB7000

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:20 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Bro you take things too serious. Take a chill pill mayne

:man3: there was literally nothing in my post to imply I was taking "things too seriously"
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:24 pm

You replied and tried to prove my argument wrong. Didn't look like sarcasm to me?
Chillbongo

Postby JSM on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Alex Kennedy of Hoops World wrote:The Lakers, like any team with so many new focal points, just needed some time.
“I think time is definitely paramount for our success. Our recent success has definitely been due to time, but we still have a long way to go,” Steve Nash said. “I think the more we play together, the more cohesion and understanding we have defensively.”
Another key for the Lakers has been Dwight Howard’s elevated play. He had his best game as a Laker last night against the Orlando Magic, contributing 39 points, 16 rebounds and three blocks in his return to Orlando. Howard seems much healthier than he has all season, and as a result he’s playing with much more intensity, aggressiveness and confidence. Nash credits Howard for the team’s improved play, particularly on the defense end.
“I think Dwight has been great,” Nash said. “He has really stepped up and played with a lot of energy and toughness. I definitely think that Dwight is a key factor to our defense.”
While Laker fans are looking at the standings and trying to determine which first-round match-up is best for the Lakers, the team isn’t focusing on that. They’re just trying to win every game on the schedule to ensure that they’ll be playing when the postseason begins rather than watching from home.
“I think, for us, we’ve been in this situation with our backs against the wall since January so we’re not trying to worry about where we are in the playoff standings,” Nash said. “We’re trying to worry about winning the game in front of us and trying to be a better team every night. To get in the playoffs, one, we’re going to have to win a lot of games and, two, we’re going to have to be a better team to actually be able to survive in the playoffs. That’s why we’re just trying to get better every day."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:48 pm

"I feel like I killed us tonight," said Nash, who scored 11 points on 4 of 14 shooting. "I had so many opportunities tonight to put the ball in the basket and I didn’t convert. I’m kicking myself for it."
Ariza3

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion