Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: passes Magic in all time assists

Postby c.Lin on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 pm

jOeyB7000 wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:
Magic Skywalker wrote:Fisher was reliable for making big shots. The good thing about Nash is that he's reliable not only to make big shots, he's also reliable to make big plays (which may or may not end up with a shot of his)

Stole my words. Nash is Fisher+

Man that's an insult to Nash. Fisher made big shots from time to time but he was pretty horrible for most of the game otherwise and his decision making was infuriating. Also look at Nash's 4th quarter numbers this season, they make Fisher look like a chump.

Yes it is.

Nash can make layups.

You jinxed it. :man5: Nash missed two easy layups down the stretch tonight.
c.Lin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:00 pm

You know that Fisher was among the 10 worst shooters in the last 10 years stats wise right ? Lol at comparing Nash and D Fish shooting
wcsoldier81

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:19 am

Terrible shooting night for Nash unfortunately. He's going to have to step up in Kobe's absence.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:00 am

He's been having to sacrifice for a while now so that he and Kobe could play with each other.

Now is his chance to show the critics that they're right and he's still capable of being one of the leading assist men in the NBA. That he should be controlling the ball more. With Kobe out, we're going to need Steve more than ever.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:51 am

“@ESPNStatsInfo: With Kobe limited Friday, Steve Nash assisted or scored on 34 of LA's 99 points via the pick&roll (1.31 points per play; NBA avg is 0.85).”
Ariza3

Postby karacha on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:56 pm

That means he should do it even more. Nash and Dwight should be elite in that category.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:39 pm

It was nice to see this team feeding off of that kind of game. Everyone moving and everyone moving the ball...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby TheOp on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:51 pm

One thing I dont understand is how the Nash/Dwight pick and roll hasnt been extremely dominant this year. According to the synergy stats or w/e last year Nash was the best p/r point guard, and Dwight was the best finisher on p/r.
TheOp

Postby KB24 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:59 pm

karacha wrote:That means he should do it even more. Nash and Dwight should be elite in that category.

yes, if they are allowed to.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby SpencerHarrison on Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:23 pm

TheOp wrote:One thing I dont understand is how the Nash/Dwight pick and roll hasnt been extremely dominant this year. According to the synergy stats or w/e last year Nash was the best p/r point guard, and Dwight was the best finisher on p/r.

Right?

I love having Nash for shooting and situational playmaking, but he just hasn't been able to get it going consistently with Howard. Odd.
SpencerHarrison

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:45 pm

its also bc of spacing. we dont have the 3 point shooters that the suns or magic had. and even if it seems like we do the defense will dare us to shoot and metta and meeks are missing most of them so theyre going to keep crowding dwight in the paint and collapsing when he rolls bc they are not afraid of metta bricking wide open 3's.

to me its like they can live with metta shooting 2/7 from 3 a game if that means they eliminate nash dwight pnr. good trade off if you ask me. some nights we make them pay...others we dont.
Ariza3

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:44 am

TheOp wrote:One thing I dont understand is how the Nash/Dwight pick and roll hasnt been extremely dominant this year. According to the synergy stats or w/e last year Nash was the best p/r point guard, and Dwight was the best finisher on p/r.

Dwight's movement & quickness is going to do nothing but improve.. He'll set better screens & roll faster. Next season we should see the real potential of the Nash/Dwight p&r. Better 3 point shooting from the SF position would help the p&r a ton. Teams are able to collapse because Ron doesn't make them pay enough.
lakersin4

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:04 am

There are a ton of reasons , the main one being lack of spacing and opponents forcing us to beat them by the 3pts shot

- Metta World Brick
- Nash has been slower than ever since his injury
- D12 hasn't been himself physically
- D12 hasn't the right footing to roll to the basket from beyond the FT area and finish at the basket ala Stat or even Gortat ... opportunities for him off the PNR action would come more from getting deep position and sealing the opponent helper with the quick entry pass coming from the wing ... back to the Metta World Brick/lack of spacing issue

We'll see more of the Nash/D12 action with Kobe out ... but yeah opponents will still be fine with getting beaten from the 3pt line over D12 getting easy pts at the basket ...

The greatest benefit from the Nash/D12 PNR is D12 recent solid screens free Nash up for a good amount of midrange Js off the dribble , something Steve is very good at
wcsoldier81

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:22 am

I want Steve to shoot 15 times today. We need his scoring without Kobe.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:04 am

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Steve Nash banged up his calf at Indiana, but D'Antoni doesn't think it's an issue. He finished the Pacers game & will start tonight.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby therealdeal on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:11 am

That's all we need. :man10:

Let's just all have some injury fun. What's next? Ebanks out with a broken sternum?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 am

^^^^Blake breaking his left foot while doing his own version of Harlem Shake
wcsoldier81

Postby Scnottaken on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:33 am

The worst possible outcome would be Sacre sprains his fingers doing finger guns :man6:
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:50 am

mcten: D'Antoni said that Steve Nash is over his right calf bruise suffered vs. IND: "He seems to be OK."
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Finwë on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Classic Steve Nash tonight. Great shooting (after a somewhat slow start) and made a bunch of great passes. Him and Blake running the O is really a beautiful thing to watch
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:37 pm

He has one of the best running jumpers I've ever seen. And he is unbelievably clutch. Always hits big shots for his team. He does not look 39, not even close.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby SpencerHarrison on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Great game from Nash - beautiful to watch. He and Blake look really good together. I remember cringing when Blake would swap out to SG, but now everything just seems to flow. Granted, it always looks pretty when long range jumpers are falling - but it's no accident that Nash brings out the best in everyone.

I think the biggest thing he does right now is demand defensive focus. All over. Nash has the ability from anywhere on the court to immediately make a defense pay.
SpencerHarrison

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Took him a little while to get going, but he got there. He hit a few big shots in the 4th and was racking up assists in bunches. Good job running the offense and holding down the fort.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:03 am

he was really looking like suns nash out there tonight. was really going out of his way to set others up and passing up open shots but took them and made them when we needed it. great game and plays well off ball and with the ball with blake at the 2.

his defense actually wasnt too bad. i thought throughout the game there were stretches where the team had so much energy on D that everyone was moving and rotation and contesting so well including nash. it was good to see.
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Nash shot too much and took everyone out of rhythm.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion