Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: ugh

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Man just shut this poor old man down. Why are they giving him epidurals so he can hobble around in a series we are GOING to lose? Free agents aren't even going to want to sign here the way we handle player injuries.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby thkthebest on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Right now, the Lakers are just sacrificing their bodies for a hopeless season. I wish we didn't make the playoffs. At least, the players could get some rest then and just prepare for next season.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:^^^
that was all heart...it pains me to see him out there like that tho...true competitor being run to the ground

Same as Kobe, it's the coach's responsibility to sit them down. Competing is in their nature, this is what they do. We have a coach with no backbone.

Kobe and Nash were machines....both broken by Pringles
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Armani on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:26 pm

Yeah... they need to shut him down. He could literally go down again in this series with ANOTHER injury... that would be really, really bad. Let him rest up for next season, where he hopefully comes off the bench in an Andre Miller type role.
Armani

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: Epidural Nation

Postby The Rock on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Nash's girlfriend posted this
[url]
http://deadspin.com/heres-steve-nash-in ... socialflow[/url]

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:46 pm

"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:47 pm

in a wheelchair. seems about right.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:00 pm

If he's doubtful AFTER all of those things, then he needs to be closed down.

And no, this has nothing to do with the Lakers and how our staff is "treating" their players. This is on the PLAYERS. Steve isn't being told by Vitti "I think you should get an epidural so you might play". That doesn't make sense.

Besides, all epidurals and cortizone shots do is numb pain. He's STILL in pain with the shots, he just can't feel it. That means whatever damage is going on in there is still happening. If I were to guess, I'd say it's some sort of nerve damage in his spine that should honestly sit him out for a long, long time. But he probably doesn't want to do it.

That's on Steve, not the Lakers or their training staff.

And again... if he's getting 3 pain killers a day just to be doubtful he shouldn't be playing. Easy as that.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Can't agree, if the Lakers staff were doing their jobs right IMO Nash would have never been shot up and asked to play, not at 39, not when he kept saying his hamstring doesn't feel right. Vitti is good, but he's not infallible, this is the team just a few years back we mocked for their ridiculous amount of sprained ankles, our medical staff has never been considered the best.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm

The Rock wrote:Image

Nash's girlfriend posted this
[url]
http://deadspin.com/heres-steve-nash-in ... socialflow[/url]

i actually felt bad for nash while limping around out on the court giving it his all but now that i see this young sweet brown sugar he is about to lay up in the bed with after these 3 injections i don't feel as bad. i wonder how many injections Gatsby is gonna give that sexy thang? :man13:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Weezy wrote:Can't agree, if the Lakers staff were doing their jobs right IMO Nash would have never been shot up and asked to play, not at 39, not when he kept saying his hamstring doesn't feel right. Vitti is good, but he's not infallible, this is the team just a few years back we mocked for their ridiculous amount of sprained ankles, our medical staff has never been considered the best.

You honestly think the Lakers asked Steve Nash to play?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:21 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 3m

Steve Nash: "I'm still in a lot of discomfort I think not only from last night but from getting a bunch of darts stuck in me."

:man10: The darts part made me laugh. (I hate needles)
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Yes I honestly do, especially 'Antoni. He's been saying publicly he's not himself for weeks, that his hamstring isn't right. I may be wrong, but yes I believe the team pushes him to come back even though he should have never stepped back on the court. If Nash has done all this because he wants to play and believes we can play well then yeah that's on him, but between his body language for weeks now and him saying this probably isn't our year months and months back, I personally don't buy that. His heart has rarely looked in it, passionate Nash stayed in Phoenix.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:28 pm

I completely disagree. Everything he's said about himself personally has indicated that he's been trying desperately to get back on the court. One look at that Practice Board picture that went around recently shows that Nash is by far the one working the hardest on the team.

I believe if anything he feels incredibly guilty for not being able to play most of this season which was one of the leading factors in having to overplay Kobe Bryant which in turn helped lead to his achilles injury; one that might end his career. Whether or not that is true, I know if it were me I'd feel incredibly guilty for not being there.

I think the Lakers have likely told him a ton of times it'd be nice if he could play, but I don't believe for one second that someone within the Lakers FO and the Lakers organization asked Nash point blank to play even if it looks like he can't.

I mean just think of it from a financial perspective. It doesn't make sense to push your 9 million dollar investment to further injure himself. That's counter productive to your bottom line and to getting the maximum return on investment. It doesn't add up.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:37 pm

You're probably right, this season has just been so awful, it's making me read into body language because that's almost all I have to go off of. We've seen so little of Nash on the court, especially feeling and playing likr himself, as the leader I'm used to seeing, just makes me feel like he feels it's a lost season, and why would he fight to come back and hurt himself further for nothing. But you could be right, guilt, and waning to play up to his contract, for his teammates and the fans could be big factors.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Needs to shut it down for the series -- only two more games now (without him and Blake). I appreciate what he tried to do in order to at least give it a go out there. But this season is over. No use in potentially injuring something else. Rest up and we'll see you next season. Healthy. Hopefully.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Steve Nash offers some sound advice to Darius Morris, Andrew Goudelock

"I don’t think those guys should approach it as a tough spot," Nash said. "I think they should approach it as they have nothing to lose. They go out there, let it rip. If they have a tough night, what would you expect from your first NBA start out of nowhere. They should play free and loose, use their youth and energy and skills they posses to go out there and have fun with it and take a free cut. I’d love to see those guys go out there with that type of attitude and give themselves a chance."

:jam2: are only chance is if dwight and pau dominate. jamison steps up BIG. and glock and morris play free and with nothing to lose. just go out there and play hard without worrying too much. its are ONLY chance.
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Weezy wrote:You're probably right, this season has just been so awful, it's making me read into body language because that's almost all I have to go off of. We've seen so little of Nash on the court, especially feeling and playing likr himself, as the leader I'm used to seeing, just makes me feel like he feels it's a lost season, and why would he fight to come back and hurt himself further for nothing. But you could be right, guilt, and waning to play up to his contract, for his teammates and the fans could be big factors.

I hear ya.

I actually tend to agree with you. I think he's doing all of this because he feels like he should, but deep down he knows the futility of it. I think he knew the futility of it from the start because the Nash we're seeing is most definitely NOT Steve Nash the Hall of Fame PG. Even when he was healthy, where was the flashy passing and the fancy handles and the fancy shots? We got NONE of that...

Here's to next year where hopefully one of the Steves stays healthy enough that they don't have to play themselves into the ground.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:49 pm

shut nash down or risk him suffering a career ending injury

there's no need for him to be out there at 30%
432J

Postby LooN3y on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:28 pm

hmm in correlation with "can kobe play with a true/ball handling PG"

is nash done? or was it injuries that shadowed him all year?

i really dont remember him needing a screen everytime he brings the ball up the court last year on the suns

Is a Steve/Steve PG rotation good enough for a ship?
LooN3y

Postby dj vitus on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Should have been plain as day: Stevie leaves Phoenix's miracle medical staff, and instantly crumbles with our own medical staff.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby SpencerHarrison on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:08 am

I really hate the idea of Steve getting injected just to play. Enough is enough. Shut it down for the year, and consider what your health is worth. Back injuries are no joke, and Nash has the rest of life to spend money, raise kids and bang trophy women. I think he should call it a career
SpencerHarrison

Postby odom1year on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:58 am

In Nash's MVP seasons, he cannot stop Parker. It's no surprise Parker playing great now.
odom1year

Postby kenzo on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:06 am

odom1year wrote:In Nash's MVP seasons, he cannot stop Parker. It's no surprise Parker playing great now.

Who can... Sessions???
kenzo

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:52 am

odom1year wrote:In Nash's MVP seasons, he cannot stop Parker. It's no surprise Parker playing great now.

Parker's never played great before?
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion