Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Nash Discussion: No harmony, no chemistry, no system (159)

Postby Doc Brown on Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Steve Nash battling ex-wife in court

Posted by Inside Hoops
MAY

Steve Nash, the Suns former point guard, said Thursday morning on the witness stand in Maricopa County Superior Court that he expects to come back to the Valley after he ends his NBA career. Nash, who now plays for the Los Angeles Lakers and leases a home in Manhattan Beach, Calif., said he intends to keep his permanent residence in Paradise Valley, where he has made recent renovations.

His residency has become an issue in a two-day “relocation trial” regarding his ex-wife and three children, and whether he would be involved in their lives. Nash’s ex-wife, Alejandra Amarilla Menrath, wants Family Court Judge Thomas LeClaire to approve the relocation of their children from the Valley to Southern California.

Menrath has said she wants to move with the children to Southern California so the three kids can be closer to their father. She also has indicated the move may allow her to obtain child support from a California court.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13379#ixzz2UokB4IxO
Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=1337 ... uQx6Hys.99

Just retire and go back to Phoenix.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Steve Nash battling ex-wife in court

Posted by Inside Hoops
MAY

Steve Nash, the Suns former point guard, said Thursday morning on the witness stand in Maricopa County Superior Court that he expects to come back to the Valley after he ends his NBA career. Nash, who now plays for the Los Angeles Lakers and leases a home in Manhattan Beach, Calif., said he intends to keep his permanent residence in Paradise Valley, where he has made recent renovations.

His residency has become an issue in a two-day “relocation trial” regarding his ex-wife and three children, and whether he would be involved in their lives. Nash’s ex-wife, Alejandra Amarilla Menrath, wants Family Court Judge Thomas LeClaire to approve the relocation of their children from the Valley to Southern California.

Menrath has said she wants to move with the children to Southern California so the three kids can be closer to their father. She also has indicated the move may allow her to obtain child support from a California court.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13379#ixzz2UokB4IxO
Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=1337 ... uQx6Hys.99

Just retire and go back to Phoenix.

go back and get us our TPE back :man1:
khmrP

Postby scheven on Thu May 30, 2013 3:56 pm

But she wasn't shooting with him in the gym :man11:
scheven

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu May 30, 2013 11:05 pm

scheven wrote:But she wasn't shooting with him in the gym :man11:

lol
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:28 pm

So I was trying to find out what will happen with Kidd's salary (3 million for the next 2 years), since he retired. I found this....

HOW DOES IT IMPACT THE SALARY CAP? It doesn't have much of an impact this summer. The Knicks are over the salary cap and will remain so, even with Kidd's $3.1 million salary off the books.

Assuming the Knicks re-sign J.R. Smith, they will likely still be taxpayers and over the tax apron. The apron is significant because a team can execute a sign-and-trade if its total salary is below the apron after the trade. (The numbers for next year's luxury tax level and salary cap have not been released yet.)

So with Kidd's contract for next season off the books, it makes it a little easier for the Knicks to get under the tax apron in executing a sign-and-trade.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/45385/rapid-reaction-jason-kidd-retires

So if Nash retires next season, does his salary come off the books (As in not counting against the salary cap)?

This article makes it seem like that is what is going down with Kidd's contract.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Doc Brown wrote:So I was trying to find out what will happen with Kidd's salary (3 million for the next 2 years), since he retired. I found this....

HOW DOES IT IMPACT THE SALARY CAP? It doesn't have much of an impact this summer. The Knicks are over the salary cap and will remain so, even with Kidd's $3.1 million salary off the books.

Assuming the Knicks re-sign J.R. Smith, they will likely still be taxpayers and over the tax apron. The apron is significant because a team can execute a sign-and-trade if its total salary is below the apron after the trade. (The numbers for next year's luxury tax level and salary cap have not been released yet.)

So with Kidd's contract for next season off the books, it makes it a little easier for the Knicks to get under the tax apron in executing a sign-and-trade.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/45385/rapid-reaction-jason-kidd-retires

So if Nash retires next season, does his salary come off the books (As in not counting against the salary cap)?

This article makes it seem like that is what is going down with Kidd's contract.

Interesting.. If that's the case, let Nash give it 1 more shot this season & if he doesn't come back at a high level, do the best thing for everyone involved & hang em up.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:58 pm

We still have to pay him, but it doesn't count towards the cap.

At least that's what I've always been lead to understand.

That's why I keep saying if this season goes badly again, he'll just retire and we'll have one hell of a blank slate. Even with Howard on board we'd have nearly 40 million to spend on free agents. We could get one more max slot and a whole slew of solid role players.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bigdog2013 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Nash is still a great shooter and great teammate. I cant wait to see a healthy Nash next year. He probably our best shooter
bigdog2013

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Would be nice if he retired after next year....then we'll have a boat load of cash to spend....with or without Howard we'll have either 40M or 60M to spend....Nash really has been a colossal waste since we got him so I really hope he makes up for it next year by playing all 82 games and being the point guard we all expected him to be....
FabFourLakers

Postby XXIV on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:42 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Would be nice if he retired after next year....then we'll have a boat load of cash to spend....with or without Howard we'll have either 40M or 60M to spend....Nash really has been a colossal waste since we got him so I really hope he makes up for it next year by playing all 82 games and being the point guard we all expected him to be....

Expecting him to play all 82 is a bit absurd considering the type of season he just had. I feel anywhere around the 60 range would be fine with me.
XXIV

Postby Weezy on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:54 am

I keep forgetting he's on our team, he had such a forgettable season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:56 am

Nash hasn't played all 82 since 2002-2003. Since 2009-2010 he's missed games every year. 81, 75, 62 (lockout year out of 66 games), 50.

To think he will play all 82 is wishful thinking.

That's why I keep saying we need a better backup PG than Blake who can play consistently for all 82 because Nash isn't going to playing all 82 at 30 mins a night. Realistically we should be looking at 65 at 28 minutes a night. And that is frustrating when we are paying 9 million dollars for that type of production.
Last edited by Doc Brown on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:00 am

Hopefully, he can play close to 70. 65-70 could be realistic if he gets healthy this summer.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 am

Having a reliable backup point guard will definitely help Nash in being healthy throughout the season. While Blake played like how most of us expected him to when we first signed him, he's proven to be injury prone and we can't have our starting and back up guards be out again for most of the season similar to last season.
XXIV

Postby karacha on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:40 am

Unfortunately, most PGs are injury prone. Just like centers.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:02 am

Nash on the mend

By Nick Borges | ESPN.com

Steve Nash was hindered for most of 2012-13 and after being knocked out of the playoffs in the first round he's been able to concentrate on getting healthy for next season. So far his recovery is going well.

"I'm fighting every day to get back to 100 percent and I think I'll be able to play in both events," Nash told the Los Angeles Daily News regarding his two charity soccer games. "Most important, by the time season comes around I'll be 100 percent and be in a great position to have a great year. I'm still rehabbing now, but I should be good to go and plan on playing in both."

Nash will be listed as the starting point guard when training camp begins, however it could be his last if he has health issues again in 2013-14. He is signed through 2014-15, but could be released next summer to open up more salary cap room in 2014.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:10 am

He can be released next summer? I thought his contract was guaranteed?

Anyway, it's good to hear he's healing up. A healthy Nash would have been nice last season... We didn't have one all year besides the first 6 quarters of the season.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:08 pm

^ His contract is guaranteed it must be a mistake on the writers part.
XXIV

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:37 am

Nash to play limited minutes?

By Nick Borges | ESPN.com

Steve Nash was hindered for most of this past season due to various injuries. Lakers head trainer Garry Vitti wants Nash to be healthy in 2013-14 and he's likely to put a limit on how many minutes the aging point guard should average per game.

"I think he's going to come back in great shape, and then it's all about how he's used. You don't want to beat him up in practice. Save it for the game, figure out the appropriate minutes that put him in a successful situation," Vitti told Lakers.com. "The example I use is Robert Horry, where we played him a lot of minutes, and it was difficult for him to recover and be productive at his age. But he goes to San Antonio, plays 18 minutes a game, and the guy was an unbelievable force off the bench for them. I think if we figure out how best to use Steve, he can be the same way."

Nash has spent the offseason working with his long-time therapist and he expects to be fully fit by the time training camp begins in the fall. The Lakers clearly need Steve Blake to play better next season, so Nash doesn't have to play big minutes. Blake's contract expires in 2014 and one of the Lakers' priorities is to find a young point guard that can take the big minutes moving forward.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:48 am

That's just how it's going to have to be, he's old. It's going to have to be the same for Kobe too, less minutes per game than he had averaged in a long, long time. I hope 'Antoni can get our players to do it and doesn't run them into the ground again to save himself. Hopefully we get a better back up PG, I don't trust Blake to stay healthy and he's not exactly young either.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Apparently Nash is having an interview today on 710, see Doc's post below for the quotes

I find the bit about Dwight being uninterested in playing pick n roll very telling, most of the season you could see that Dwight was uninterested in everything. Also, I've read conflicting reports on Metta today, that the lakers haven't decided if they will amnesty him, and that he's as good as gone. I don't know if Nash is going off what the interviewers asked or if he knows Metta is gone.

I didn't know he was going to be on, so I didn't hear the interview, but I'm sure there will be a link for it later or a recap we can steal from LG or somewhere.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Re: Nash Discussion: ESPN LA 710 radio interview (160)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:07 pm

I heard the first part of it. The part where Dwight was uninterested in the pick and roll. It's funny because he brought up immediately how the Rockets run pick and roll sets so... Yeah good luck with that. :man10:

I didn't hear what he had to say about Metta though. I heard that John Black said the Lakers are still making that decision, so I don't think he's amnestied just yet.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:27 pm

I have no idea why my post will not show up in the quote format, I apologize for the ugly layout due to that. If anyone can figure it out feel free to let me know what the deal is.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Phil XI on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:29 pm

They can't pull the amnesty trigger until tomorrow anyway. Maybe Kobe's got them rethinking it?
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:29 pm

@DuranSports: Steve Nash "didnt think Dwight was comfortable here...wish him best and we move on"

@janiscarr: Nash: "He (Dwight) never quite felt comfortable ... and I don't think that was anybody's fault."

@LakersReporter: Here's @SteveNash on @DwightHoward (on @ESPNLA710): "Ultimately I think Dwight wasn't comfortable (in L.A.) and didn't want to be here."

@LakersReporter: Nash said a big part of the problem last season was that he, @paugasol and Howard weren't themselves - all season - due to injuries.

@LakersReporter: A consistent problem Nash mentioned all season/reiterated on @ESPNLA710 was Howard's being unwilling/uninterested in running pick and roll.

@janiscarr: Nash on D'Antoni: "I think he's a very bright coach. He's not w/o flaws, but none of us are."

@LakersReporter: Nash on D'Antoni: "I think he's a very bright coach … we all should be judged by the fans, it's their team, and we have a lot to prove."

@janiscarr: Nash: "We cant blame Mike for everything."
Dang.

@janiscarr: Nash on Metta: "One of the coolest guys, nice people....this is a world class guy.
"It was a pleasure to play with him."

@janiscarr: Nash on waiving Metta "Its tough to lose a guy like that. ... You don't like to see a guy like that go." Called Metta "hard-nosed."

@LakersReporter: Nash said he plans on being "100%" healthy heading into next season. Was very disappointing for him that he couldn't get there last year.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion