Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: Epidural Nation

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:00 am

Worst thing is he's not going to retire ... Welcome mediocrity
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:00 pm

stop hobbling the team just cuz you're hobbled. just retire already. the mileage has clearly caught up. you are not stockton
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Basketball Fan on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:55 am

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/27/steve-nas ... alejandra/

Lakers Star Steve Nash
In Dogfight
Over Child Support

Exclusive
L.A. Lakers star Steve Nash thinks he has a good reason NOT to pay child support -- if he does, he thinks his ex-wife will spoil the kids with limos and other luxuries.

Nash is locked in a legal war with Alejandra Nash over their 3 kids. She currently lives in Arizona, where a judge handled their divorce and ruled she was not entitled to child support. She's appealing the ruling and we now know what they're arguing over.

Steve convinced the divorce judge -- Alejandra doesn't need child support because he made her a millionaire 5 times over in the divorce settlement. On top of that, she pulls in more than $30k a month.

For her part, Alejandra says Steve makes a million bucks more than her every month, and it's unfair he's not forced to use some of it for the benefit of their kids.

Steve is saying he's paying plenty -- 90% of medical, school and extracurricular activities, and 82% of the nanny's $2k a month salary. He says he's worried if he pays more, she's an excessive spender who will spoil and damage the kids with crazy luxuries.

But there's more going on here. As we previously reported ... Alejandra wants to move to L.A. but Steve is objecting. It's really weird, because the b-baller has said he chose to go to the Lakers rather than the Knicks so he could be closer to his kids.

There's one thing for sure ... if Alejandra moved to L.A., Steve would probably get socked with a big child support bill -- that's just the way it works in California.
Basketball Fan

Postby kenzo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:01 am

Never get married :man9: Jeter style baby :jam2:
kenzo

Postby lotus on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:33 am

Get married after you make the money man.
lotus

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 23s
D'Antoni said he knows that @SteveNash will work crazy hard this offseason to come back healthy, show that he has a lot left.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:45 pm

UGH no please no just retire

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:47 pm

The Rock wrote:UGH no please no just retire

This. Sometimes no matter how hard you work, your body just won't respond the same way it used to.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Either retire or come back as the non-fruity harda** Canadian with long hair that didn't take s*** from anybody.

No more of this pansy Vidal Sassoon hairdo soft fame [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] BS.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Helljumper on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:53 pm

He's not going to retire. The best we can hope is that we make a move for a younger PG that can push Nash to the bench.
Helljumper

Postby 432J on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:02 pm

his time is done

almost 40 years old and battling injuries this entire season. just retire steve
432J

Postby karacha on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:05 pm

He looks great in a suit.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:27 am

pretty high on the list of laker-related disappointments for the year. put him in a home.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:57 am

Gonna be a frustrating 2013/2014 with him, we know he cant make it through the season but we cant trade him either ,looks like this trade value is quite low

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 am

40 years old PG in today's league ... ok
wcsoldier81

Postby gill on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 am

If only he brought the Phoenix staff with him... :man5:

We're stuck with him unless he calls it a career. He can be the team's Jason Kidd moving forward. Can't be the main PG but he'd look good playing alongside one or backing one up. Minutes have to be cut down.
gill

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:02 am

Give us a legit backup PG who can step in and take control of games for 30-35 minutes. Blake is kind of that, but he's older too. I think we should trade Blake while his value is pretty high (decent player on a friendly contract) and try to get younger there.

That's all we can do. We can't trade a guy away from his kids, I just don't think we'll do that. That's a pretty nasty move from a franchise who is trying to attract free agents in a couple of years. We need to maintain a good report with the players.

He'll be here next season. Hopefully in a Kidd role.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:34 am

therealdeal wrote:Give us a legit backup PG who can step in and take control of games for 30-35 minutes. Blake is kind of that, but he's older too. I think we should trade Blake while his value is pretty high (decent player on a friendly contract) and try to get younger there.

That's all we can do. We can't trade a guy away from his kids, I just don't think we'll do that. That's a pretty nasty move from a franchise who is trying to attract free agents in a couple of years. We need to maintain a good report with the players.

I think Blake helps us more than Nash at this point all things considered. Nash is the 1 we really need to trade. He's not going to play in enough games going foward to help this team. Don't trade him away from his kids, send him back to Phx to be closer to them. They're so down on Shannon & Beasley that their fans are ready to take on Bargs. I still think Beas can lead our bench & Shannon would be good insurance if Kobe isn't ready for game 1. Of course we'd have to have another move lined up for a starting PG, but I think we can get that for Pau. Then shore up SF via free agency (Wright/Webster/Korver)
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 am

Why does Phoenix want Nash?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:42 am

lakersin4 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Give us a legit backup PG who can step in and take control of games for 30-35 minutes. Blake is kind of that, but he's older too. I think we should trade Blake while his value is pretty high (decent player on a friendly contract) and try to get younger there.

I think Blake helps us more than Nash at this point all things considered. Nash is the 1 we really need to trade. He's not going to play in enough games going foward to help this team. Don't trade him away from his kids, send him back to Phx to be closer to them. They're so down on Shannon & Beasley that their fans are ready to take on Bargs. I still think Beas can lead our bench & Shannon would be good insurance if Kobe isn't ready for game 1. Of course we'd have to have another move lined up for a starting PG, but I think we can get that for Pau. Then shore up SF via free agency (Wright/Webster/Korver)

Shannon is a FA
khmrP

Postby jlkr on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:15 pm

Basketball Fan wrote:http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/27/steve-nas ... alejandra/

Lakers Star Steve Nash
In Dogfight
Over Child Support

Exclusive
L.A. Lakers star Steve Nash thinks he has a good reason NOT to pay child support -- if he does, he thinks his ex-wife will spoil the kids with limos and other luxuries.

Nash is locked in a legal war with Alejandra Nash over their 3 kids. She currently lives in Arizona, where a judge handled their divorce and ruled she was not entitled to child support. She's appealing the ruling and we now know what they're arguing over.

Steve convinced the divorce judge -- Alejandra doesn't need child support because he made her a millionaire 5 times over in the divorce settlement. On top of that, she pulls in more than $30k a month.

For her part, Alejandra says Steve makes a million bucks more than her every month, and it's unfair he's not forced to use some of it for the benefit of their kids.

Steve is saying he's paying plenty -- 90% of medical, school and extracurricular activities, and 82% of the nanny's $2k a month salary. He says he's worried if he pays more, she's an excessive spender who will spoil and damage the kids with crazy luxuries.

But there's more going on here. As we previously reported ... Alejandra wants to move to L.A. but Steve is objecting. It's really weird, because the b-baller has said he chose to go to the Lakers rather than the Knicks so he could be closer to his kids.

There's one thing for sure ... if Alejandra moved to L.A., Steve would probably get socked with a big child support bill -- that's just the way it works in California.

If Alejandra had been smarter, she'd have waited until he moved to California then filed for divorce. Woulda got the child support then. Have to remember Alejandra is a model making her own big bucks, though not Nash-style big bucks. $30k/month is plenty to live on, that's $360k a year. But of course Alejandra sees that $9m salary Steve is taking and says some of that is mine! If Steve was smart, he'd retire now. Then all her income projections go out the window.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 pm

D'Antoni can say he'll work hard, we all know that. But a 40 year old can only do so much to "come back healthy".

That just means he won't hurt himself more. There's not much he can do to just be a healthy basketball player. Not at this stage in his career.

And there's almost nothing that be done about a chronically bad back. That's not going away...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:11 pm

I think he can give you about 25mpg.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Tobias Funke wrote:I think he can give you about 25mpg.

But can he do it for 82 games? Probably not...

Someone like Augustin would be great in that role to help spell him minutes.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:34 pm

I think he can give us 25mpg, but I wouldn't call someone who disagreed with me crazy to think thats still too much.

The fact that we're sitting here discussing whether or not our PG that's makes $9M or whatever can give us even a half a game's worth of minutes shows just how gloomy the situation is right now.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion