Steve Nash Discussion: Retiring; Lakers Disabled Exception

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby syl on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:02 pm

since he expiring might as well have play in pg rotation, anything he does is a BONUS and if he's hurt then: oh well! win/win for lakers here
Kobe Bryant: GM of the Year (Chucky was right!)
User avatar
syl

 
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 am

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:12 pm

Nash isn't worth keeping around because If he is at or near full strength A. Jeremy Lin won't play enough for us to evaluate him properly and B. Jordan Clarkson won't get a legit shot to develop into a player/asset for our organization.

Also, if the more likely scenario of him not being healthy enough to play happens...the chance of us getting anything for him at the deadline, that doesn't mess with our future flexibility, is low and he eats up a roster spot that we could use to give another young prospect some playing time...maybe turn him into another asset we can use...

We need to dump EVERY albatross contract we have. I'm for trading Kobe as well, but that's never going to happen...so I have to settle for Nash.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
User avatar
Snakell Beast

 
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:54 pm
Location: Ithaca, NY

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:20 pm

Hey RyanWestLombardi…. just saw your "What if" Steve Nash topic that got shut down. Don't feel bad, you aren't the only person that has wondered the exact same thing. Wouldn't that be something? But yeah, extremely unlikely that it could happen for all the reasons others have stated. Too bad the P&G never got a year of healthy Steve Nash.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby Savory Griddles on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:33 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:Nash isn't worth keeping around because If he is at or near full strength A. Jeremy Lin won't play enough for us to evaluate him properly and B. Jordan Clarkson won't get a legit shot to develop into a player/asset for our organization.

Also, if the more likely scenario of him not being healthy enough to play happens...the chance of us getting anything for him at the deadline, that doesn't mess with our future flexibility, is low and he eats up a roster spot that we could use to give another young prospect some playing time...maybe turn him into another asset we can use...

We need to dump EVERY albatross contract we have. I'm for trading Kobe as well, but that's never going to happen...so I have to settle for Nash.


As searing as my hate is for Kobe's contract, and even though I'm not a huge fan of Kobe as a person (saw him once in public and he was acting like a complete...umm...orifice of the nether region) I do not want him traded. He is a Laker. He shouldn't be anything but a Laker.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Seriously, if Nash came into camp and was healthy...and stayed healthy all season, that would be amazing. How many of you would take the over if I put the over/under for his minutes on the season at 600?
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby Savory Griddles on Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:52 pm

trodgers wrote:Seriously, if Nash came into camp and was healthy...and stayed healthy all season, that would be amazing. How many of you would take the over if I put the over/under for his minutes on the season at 600?


I would take the over at 600. But if you put it at 700, I'd probably take the under. 600 would be roughly 30 games at 20 minutes a game. Out for 52 games.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Would you take the over at 19 MPG? :man1:
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby Savory Griddles on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:26 pm

trodgers wrote:Would you take the over at 19 MPG? :man1:


Hmm. These are very close numbers. :man10: I'm gonna say no because of Lin on the roster. If we were still rolling out Marshall, I'd say yes.
User avatar
Savory Griddles

 
Posts: 9051
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:56 am
Location: AV,CA

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby earvinfr on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:28 pm

It's like a contract year for Nash if he ever think to play again next year. Never know !!
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

 
Posts: 2313
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: France

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby trodgers on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:56 pm

earvinfr wrote:It's like a contract year for Nash if he ever think to play again next year. Never know !!

Image
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby flawedandloved on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Nash may be packaged late in the year to a team deciding to blow things up and getting rid of a big contract and need expiring K's. Not sure how many players fit that category potentially this year, but I don't think anyone thinks he's going to play any substantial or consistent minutes.
flawedandloved

 
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby LakersN4 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:20 pm

flawedandloved wrote:Nash may be packaged late in the year to a team deciding to blow things up and getting rid of a big contract and need expiring K's. Not sure how many players fit that category potentially this year, but I don't think anyone thinks he's going to play any substantial or consistent minutes.

Yeah this is the only way I see Nash being moved.. it won't be for cap space to a team like Philly.. it'll be for a big contract with atleast 2-3 years left on it from a team that's going to miss the playoffs..
LakersN4

 
Posts: 2514
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:55 am

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby syl on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:30 pm

LakersN4 wrote:
flawedandloved wrote:Nash may be packaged late in the year to a team deciding to blow things up and getting rid of a big contract and need expiring K's. Not sure how many players fit that category potentially this year, but I don't think anyone thinks he's going to play any substantial or consistent minutes.

Yeah this is the only way I see Nash being moved.. it won't be for cap space to a team like Philly.. it'll be for a big contract with atleast 2-3 years left on it from a team that's going to miss the playoffs..


best case scenario here, move nash by midseason, bolster roster with a solid defensive minded SF would be PERFECT! now we just gotta keep an eye out for someone that fits that criteria
Kobe Bryant: GM of the Year (Chucky was right!)
User avatar
syl

 
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 am

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:12 pm

When Lance blows up the team chemistry in Charlotte, we can trade for him at midseason.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby LakerJack on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:40 am

Nash you want 9 mil this year and wont retire. Get your arse out on the court and earn it. Play him 20 min a game whether he is injured or not and dont let the screendoor hit you.
All time Lakers team: Magic, Kobe, West, Worthy and Chamberlain.
User avatar
LakerJack

 
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby Rooscooter on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:43 am

trodgers wrote:Seriously, if Nash came into camp and was healthy...and stayed healthy all season,


Been drinking T?..... :man10:
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23127
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby karacha on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:46 am

Well, the first part is realistic... He'll be healty for the camp. Maybe he won't even get hurt before regular season. The rest is questionable, of course. :man12:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby earvinfr on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:57 am

Maybe we can play him 40 minutes in the first 2 pre-season games to be sure he'll never play again and retire before season starts.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

 
Posts: 2313
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: France

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby themasterphil on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:24 am

LakerJack wrote:Nash you want 9 mil this year and wont retire. Get your arse out on the court and earn it. Play him 20 min a game whether he is injured or not and dont let the screendoor hit you.

I agree 100% . If he doesnt care about his health I dont care either. New coach need to force him to play as Lin's backup . He need to earn these 9 mil . At least we can force him to retire. He didnt deserve other treatmen than this from us. He was a garbage ever since he came here.
User avatar
themasterphil

 
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 am
Location: Base Deep space 9

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby Barnstable on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:29 am

themasterphil wrote:
LakerJack wrote:Nash you want 9 mil this year and wont retire. Get your arse out on the court and earn it. Play him 20 min a game whether he is injured or not and dont let the screendoor hit you.

I agree 100% . If he doesnt care about his health I dont care either. New coach need to force him to play as Lin's backup . He need to earn these 9 mil . At least we can force him to retire. He didnt deserve other treatmen than this from us. He was a garbage ever since he came here.

Elderly abuse :disagree:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14305
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby John3:16 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:30 am

What we MUST do, unlike D Coward and Gasol, is to trade Nash for parts. Can't let him just expire without getting something in return.
Image
User avatar
John3:16
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 31869
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:23 am
Location: Anywhere but LD after a loss.

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby frankrj on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:31 am

Told you guys. No players is ever the same after a herniated disc. Even your beloved D Howard (sarcasm..).
I had one and know my limitations but Nash is all about the money.
frankrj

 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:25 am

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:03 pm

John3:16 wrote:What we MUST do, unlike D Coward and Gasol, is to trade Nash for parts. Can't let him just expire without getting something in return.

yeah, but no team in their rightful mind is going to want him because they know he will likely retire after this season.

I don't think its possible to trade Nash unless we do something stupid.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11703
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby Rooscooter on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:06 pm

John3:16 wrote:What we MUST do, unlike D Coward and Gasol, is to trade Nash for parts. Can't let him just expire without getting something in return.


Here's how I predict it goes....

He starts the season and plays every other night or so..... then gets injured again.... then we put him on the market as cap relief.... then Mitch and Co. try and work a super complicated 3 way deal with calculus to get a star in here.... then there is no time to complete it... then we get blocked again from getting rid of an actual asset.... then he retires....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23127
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Postby trodgers on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:37 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
trodgers wrote:Seriously, if Nash came into camp and was healthy...and stayed healthy all season,


Been drinking T?..... :man10:

Hey, I posted the laughing Jordan gif! I was just engaging in a hypothetical. :man1:
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.