Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Steve Nash Discussion: ugh

Postby dj vitus on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 am

XXIV wrote:
dj vitus wrote:Our bench was exposed in large part because of all our injures. I still think it is pretty decent with Blake, Clark, Jamison, and Jordan Hill.

A dedicated 2/3 backup would be nice--if only Meeks can hit his shots.

That said, if we can stay relatively healthy and develop more chemistry, we can definitely be contenders next year.

Staying healthy is a big if, but I still feel we need more help off the bench. I feel someone in the mold of a Jamal Crawford is needed.

Yeah, definitely a spark plug off the bench would be great a la Crawford or Lamar Odom. Or a Tony Allen type. Even though Memphis lost, the dude was everywhere disrupting passes and making plays when Memphis couldn't get things going. Too bad Meeks just isn't cutting it. :man5:

We could put Pau back on the bench since we won a bunch of games that way. Plus, it'll keep his minutes down and keep him fresh. I really hope MDA doesn't run him into the ground again.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby XXIV on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:29 pm

dj vitus wrote:
XXIV wrote:
dj vitus wrote:Our bench was exposed in large part because of all our injures. I still think it is pretty decent with Blake, Clark, Jamison, and Jordan Hill.

A dedicated 2/3 backup would be nice--if only Meeks can hit his shots.

That said, if we can stay relatively healthy and develop more chemistry, we can definitely be contenders next year.

Staying healthy is a big if, but I still feel we need more help off the bench. I feel someone in the mold of a Jamal Crawford is needed.

Yeah, definitely a spark plug off the bench would be great a la Crawford or Lamar Odom. Or a Tony Allen type. Even though Memphis lost, the dude was everywhere disrupting passes and making plays when Memphis couldn't get things going. Too bad Meeks just isn't cutting it. :man5:

We could put Pau back on the bench since we won a bunch of games that way. Plus, it'll keep his minutes down and keep him fresh. I really hope MDA doesn't run him into the ground again.

I hope you mean Lakers LO, not the current one. :man12: One player I would like us to go after is Nick Young. He reminds me of a lite version of Crawford, but man when he's on he's really fun to watch. Him being with a veteran team could help him improve his shot selection and how to play better without the ball, but he's a type of player we could use as a spark.

The main issue with Pau coming off the bench is the worry he might check out mentally again. He made it known that he was unhappy with not starting and I'm not sure it'll suit him next season, if we were to keep him.
XXIV

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:47 pm

I hope nash proves me wrong tonight & balls out because we need this game if we wanna make any possible noise in playoffs.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:19 pm

He could barely get up and down the court towards the end. Not looking good. He had a few nice assists that were throw backs to his days with the Suns and hit some shots that weren't falling for him in game 1.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:21 pm

Just shut him down for the rest of the series before he really injures himself. He shouldn't even be playing with two epidurals anyways.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:22 pm

one foot in the grave
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Hes trying hard as hell his body is not responding. Really sad to watch the little guy compete with so much spirit

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Just shut him down for the rest of the series before he really injures himself. He shouldn't even be playing with two epidurals anyways.

Agreed. Don't want to see another Kobe-like disaster out there with an already wounded guy.
Lakerjones

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm

I admire the effort Steve. But don't do this to yourself for a series which we have no chance of winning either way.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:27 pm

I agree. He did not good on the court. He's is obviously hurting and can barely move. Just shut him down and play those D-League players instead.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby thisbjgz on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:27 pm

MDA gonna run Nash to the ground too, smh.
thisbjgz

Postby dj vitus on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Did a little better offensively, but completely loses Parker after one hard screen. LeSigh...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby shoe on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 pm

He's hobbling around on the court...gotta shut him down for the year.
shoe

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:45 pm

DAMN IT!

He tweaked it again in the first half and will have another epidural in the morning.
JSM

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 38s
Lakers guard Steve Blake (hamstring) to have ultrasound Thursday and status for Game 3 versus Spurs is TBD.
JSM

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:57 pm

thisbjgz wrote:MDA gonna run Nash to the ground too, smh.

He did it to 24 so he might as well do it to Nash too :disagree:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby The Rock on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:56 am

In the series so far...Nash shooting only 43% from the field and averaging 4.5 assists while Dwight is getting only 12 shots and shooting 62% from the field. BALLHOG!!!! :man10:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:27 am

Games like yesterday are why I love players like Steve Nash. Damn was he out of it but he worked his butt off. he pushed. He tried for us...

You have to appreciate the heart he's giving us. Running him into the ground? When are you people going to realize that this is it. This is his career. This is his choice. He only played 31 minutes for God's sake. It's not like he's playing 48. He's an adult and he's capable of deciding things for himself. If he feels he can't go, he won't. He's shown that before.

This is like watching Kobe in 2011. His body just won't do it. He can't. But he's going to try and that means a lot to me.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:30 am

^^^
that was all heart...it pains me to see him out there like that tho...true competitor being run to the ground
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:49 am

pound4pound1 wrote:^^^
that was all heart...it pains me to see him out there like that tho...true competitor being run to the ground

Yeah, but that's his choice and I'll respect it. What's the alternative? Giving up? Letting Morris take the wheel? I just don't see Steve letting that happen. He's wanted to play for weeks and he saw Kobe literally have to do it all for weeks. I'm sure he's feeling guilty and I'm sure he wants to do the same for us.

Part of me hopes this ends soon so I don't have to see Nash's career come to an end on this note.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:04 pm

JSM wrote:DAMN IT!

He tweaked it again in the first half and will have another epidural in the morning.

That was Blake that got hurt not Nash
nthydro

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:08 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:^^^

Same as Kobe, it's the coach's responsibility to sit them down. Competing is in their nature, this is what they do. We have a coach with no backbone.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby The Rock on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Hes got to retire right?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 pm

+2 more epidurals for nash
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:15 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:+2 more epidurals for nash

So what is that now, 4 epidurals + cortisone shot + whatever else hasn't been told.

Starting to get in the WTF are you doing range.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion