Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Nash Discussion: ESPN LA 710 radio interview (160)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Phil XI wrote:They can't pull the amnesty trigger until tomorrow anyway. Maybe Kobe's got them rethinking it?

Probably.

I mean they have to think about what's out there and available. I know they want to save the money on a team that's not likely to do well anyway but... you still need to field a team and there's really not enough out there in our price range to make a full team...

If he's gone we'll be seeing a lot of some scrub guys out there.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ludachris on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:33 pm

therealdeal wrote:I heard the first part of it. The part where Dwight was uninterested in the pick and roll. It's funny because he brought up immediately how the Rockets run pick and roll sets so... Yeah good luck with that. :man10:

I didn't hear what he had to say about Metta though. I heard that John Black said the Lakers are still making that decision, so I don't think he's amnestied just yet.

Yeah, but since Dwight chose Houston he'll run what they ask him to run - whether it be pick and rolls, whatever.... until he's unhappy again. Then he'll sulk up and down the court and demand the offense be run through him in the low post. And when they don't do everything he wants, he'll put out vague messages in interviews about how they need to work more on their chemistry, while sources close to Howard tell the media he's not comfortable with the system. The same song and dance that has gone on with him the past 3 seasons now. He's a nice enough guy, but nice guys can be just as cancerous as those with terrible attitudes.

Love how Nash put that out there. It was obvious to everyone that the pick and roll was what would work here, and yet, Howard really didn't want to do it. Don't understand it. His way or no way.
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Ludachris wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I heard the first part of it. The part where Dwight was uninterested in the pick and roll. It's funny because he brought up immediately how the Rockets run pick and roll sets so... Yeah good luck with that. :man10:

I didn't hear what he had to say about Metta though. I heard that John Black said the Lakers are still making that decision, so I don't think he's amnestied just yet.

Yeah, but since Dwight chose Houston he'll run what they ask him to run - whether it be pick and rolls, whatever.... until he's unhappy again. Then he'll sulk up and down the court and demand the offense be run through him in the low post. And when they don't do everything he wants, he'll put out vague messages in interviews about how they need to work more on their chemistry, while sources close to Howard tell the media he's not comfortable with the system. The same song and dance that has gone on with him the past 3 seasons now. He's a nice enough guy, but nice guys can be just as cancerous as those with terrible attitudes.

Love how Nash put that out there. It was obvious to everyone that the pick and roll was what would work here, and yet, Howard really didn't want to do it. Don't understand it. His way or no way.

I agree with everything you said. He'll try harder in Houston because it's the place he chose. Finally.

But he'll never change who he is: a whiny child.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks for that Doc, I didn't want to do the work of separating each quote on my phone, and it was working at first as all one quote until I added one of those quotes in there that must have messed it up, just couldn't figure out which one.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Ludachris wrote:

They never did mesh. I still see their argument on the court during one particular game where Howard was pointing up while Nash was telling the latter to hold his hands out ready for a catch.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ludachris on Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:24 pm

gcclaker wrote:
Ludachris wrote:

They never did mesh. I still see their argument on the court during one particular game where Howard was pointing up while Nash was telling the latter to hold his hands out ready for a catch.

Not that they really had much time to mesh given all the injuries. It would have taken a full season realistically. This season would have been where they really clicked, if they were going to. But I don't know that Howard really ever had his heart in it with this team. Body language says a lot and his body language told more than his play or his interviews combined.

I know not many people are big on Odom, and neither am I right now to be honest. But if Odom could get back in shape it would be really fun to see him play with Nash... even at this stage of his career. I just don't know if he has anything left, or if Nash can stay healthy. But those two passers would be pretty entertaining (on the offensive side at least).
Buck Foston, LA Rules
Ludachris

Postby borri on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:58 pm

LOL Coward was unwilling to play pick n roll. Good lord what a primadona.

So glad now that he's gone. To put it into perspective, Lebron, Wade, Bosh...KG, PP and Allen...ALL changed their games for the benefit of the team.

I think it's safe to say that Coward IS the biggest crybaby primadona in the entire league.
borri

Postby LOSLAKERS on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:15 pm

borri wrote:LOL Coward was unwilling to play pick n roll. Good lord what a primadona.

So glad now that he's gone. To put it into perspective, Lebron, Wade, Bosh...KG, PP and Allen...ALL changed their games for the benefit of the team.

I think it's safe to say that Coward IS the biggest crybaby primadona in the entire league.

perfect example of a guy that wants and to some extent expects a championship to just be given to him on a good team. doesnt want to put in any effort.
LOSLAKERS

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:31 pm

LOSLAKERS wrote:
borri wrote:LOL Coward was unwilling to play pick n roll. Good lord what a primadona.

perfect example of a guy that wants and to some extent expects a championship to just be given to him on a good team. doesnt want to put in any effort.

The saddest part of it all, well, for Dwight & the Rockets anyway.. Is that he went to the team that sold him the most on being able to win with him just being him.. Just show up & be Dwight Howard & we can win championships.. Perfect recipe to never win anything. The comment by Kobe about how Dwight should be a better version of Tyson Chandler & all of his other comments about adjustments Dwight needed to make were right on track. He needs to focus on defense & rebounding, & forget about touches if he ever wants to win a championship..

But obviously that isn't what he wanted to hear.. He wanted to hear that he's good enough to be the man & lead a team to a title right now, & that's exactly what Houston sold him on.. Better them than us.
lakersin4

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:53 am

Doc Brown wrote:

@LakersReporter: A consistent problem Nash mentioned all season/reiterated on @ESPNLA710 was Howard's being unwilling/uninterested in running pick and roll.

Coward left us for a team whose number 1 option is one of the best PNR players in the league ... :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby JSM on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 16h
Steve Nash wins an auction at his event for a Ron Artest jersey from the 2010 NBA Finals. "He's a helluva a guy."

Pretty cool of Nash.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:51 pm

^ That is pretty awesome of Nash to do it and want it.
Ariza3

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:41 pm

@KevinDing: Steve Nash on Dwight Howard: "If he doesn’t want to be here, we don’t want someone who’s unhappy." #lakers

I don't know how long they will keep asking our players about Dwight, but I like the answer anyway.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:07 pm

Weezy wrote:
@KevinDing: Steve Nash on Dwight Howard: "If he doesn’t want to be here, we don’t want someone who’s unhappy." #lakers

I don't know how long they will keep asking our players about Dwight, but I like the answer anyway.

:jam2:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Weezy wrote:

:jam2: i just like hearing nash refer to us as "we"
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby BDG on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:30 pm

I don't know how much Nash is a part of our future plans, but I really do hope we can somehow win a ring with the guy.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:34 pm

I still believe in Nash, he was injured last season & was never healthy. With the Coward gone, now we can play our game not worrying about giving him his touches so he doesn't cry. I remember our game vs the Brooklyn Nets our offense ran really smooth & we weren't as deep as we were this year.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:39 pm

That Brooklyn game was one of Nash's best games all season. If we can get anything close to that Nash, our offense we'll run so efficiently. Whoever our starting SG/SF is during the season, (assuming Kobe can't start) the key is providing the spacing for Nash to operate, so they must hit their open shots. Either PF/Center set the screen to run Pick & Roll and shooters spread out; that's when Steve's at his best, IMO.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby KB24 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:52 am

Nash, you have been talking all year...

maybe at some point you can also walk the walk?

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:09 am

KB24 wrote:Nash, you have been talking all year...

Wow that's just a wee bit unfair considering the freak broken leg in the 2nd game that started the whole chain of events.
LTLakerFan

Postby Helljumper on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:48 am

LTLakerFan wrote:

Wow that's just a wee bit unfair considering the freak broken leg in the 2nd game that started the whole chain of events.

... And he still put up 13 points and 7 assists on 50%/40%/90% shooting despite having to completely change his offensive style
Helljumper

Postby Juronimo on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Helljumper wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

... And he still put up 13 points and 7 assists on 50%/40%/90% shooting despite having to completely change his offensive style

I agree with both of you. I'm disappointed that he couldn't contribute more but at least he tried to go out there and gut it out. That's something you can't say about you know who.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:58 pm

Helljumper wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

I don't think his numbers are an accurate reflection of the season he had.. The numbers didn't fall off but he didn't pass the eye test at all.. Never looked comfortable or confident.. I'm sure alot of it had to do with his health & adapting to a new team, but the lack of chemistry probably played a large part too.. It just always seemed like he could be doing more than he was.. Hopefully we see him firing on all cylinders this year with a team that should fit him better & have much better chemistry..
lakersin4

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Steve Nash might pay ex-wife more
Updated: July 23, 2013, 5:51 PM ET
Associated Press
EMAIL
PRINT
PHOENIX -- An Arizona appellate court says Los Angeles Lakers star Steve Nash may have to pay additional child support for his three children and that he and his ex-wife can't say bad things about each other through social media.

A Court of Appeals panel's ruling Tuesday says a judge must consider ordering Nash to pay more than the children's "basic needs."

The court also upheld a judge's order barring the couple from disparaging each other through social media.

It said Alejandra Amarilla Nash used her Twitter account to make a "biting criticism" of Nash after their divorce was granted.

The ruling says the order doesn't violate her free-speech rights because both agreed to limit their speech under their joint custody agreement.

The couple divorced in 2011. They have a son and two daughters.

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby OX1947 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Hey, professional Affletes!!! DONT GET MARRIED UNTIL YOU ARE FINISHED WITH YOUR CAREER!!!!!!! GET A VASECTOMY UNTIL YOUR CAREER IS OVER. Men can have them reattached rather easy. Morons. You are on the road 9 months out of the 12, why the eff do you want to have a wife whom you wont see 9 months out of the 12 and children who see their dad once a month. Stupid, stupid, moron stupid.
OX1947

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion