Nash Discussion: #injuredagain. nerve irritation. #andagain

Re: Nash Discussion: Is he forked? (167)

Postby cthroatgtr on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:31 am

He's done. We saw it last year when Kobe had to take over the offense. He really can't create much anymore on his own. He can still make nice passes when they are there but he struggles to free himself even with a screen. At least last year he was making shots but now he brings nothing.
cthroatgtr

Postby themasterphil on Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:11 am

To be honest I dont care about this season, its already lost one but next year Steve Nash need to retire bc he is not capable to play anymore.....he is hurting this team a lot bc he cant defend anything and now he cant even make that mid range jumpers. I am all for it if he wants to be lets say shooting coach or take PG and coach them...well he can even be in our coaching staff but playing time is over. I dont know whats gonna happen if he retire with his salary. Salary will be in the books or not???
themasterphil

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Darius Morris 'aint walkin' through that door! :man9: :man10: Seriously, though, when Steve Blake makes you look awful (and don't get me started on that schmendrick with a dead animal on his head) it's time to hang it up YESTERDAY! When Jodie Meeks is the bright spot on the team, it's time to rethink your inks. :man3:

Seriously, Antoni needs to start playing more of Hill, Kaman and even Sacre and Harris. Play bigger, small ball is NOT working. Also, maybe cut Shawne Williams...he has replaced Marcus Landry as the guy who can't shoot at the stretch 4 position. Stretch 4, that's kind of fitting...because it's a stretch to think it will work with this team :disagree:
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby Weezy on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm not going to give up on Shawne Williams after 3 games, come on, slumps happen, it's 3 games. Blake, yeah, he constantly sucks now, and Nash is done.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:40 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:and not being able to make a shot

This is what got me. He's done. Those were Steve Nash gimmes.
Chillbongo

Postby JLaker17 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Knew it would be hard to watch Nash on defense, never thought it would be just as hard when he is on offense.
JLaker17

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:13 pm

In a league where teams are increasing built around PGs who are fast enough to break the sound barrier, it doesn't take a basketball genius to see Nash is a non-starter.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Snakell Beast wrote:>>When Jodie Meeks is the bright spot on the team, it's time to rethink your inks. :man3:<<

Or when you have only two players (Nash and Gasol) who have any business being starters on an NBA team and both players are old and slow.

How depressing is that? :bang:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:Or when you have only two players (Nash and Gasol) who have any business being starters on an NBA team and both players are old and slow.

How depressing is that? :bang:

Well, Gasol at least has an over 20 PER and looks like he belongs out there. Nash is so done it's sad and pathetic at this point. We have officially become the Jets/Vikings and Nash is Brett Favre...hang it up, dude...you're done.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Since when did PER become relevant?

Henry has a 9.7 PER and he's been arguably one of our best players.

Blake has a 9.9 PER and he's been arguably one of our worst players.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Since when did PER become relevant?

Henry has a 9.7 PER and he's been arguably one of our best players.

Blake has a 9.9 PER and he's been arguably one of our worst players.

It's always been relevant. There is a LOT about why Blake has a higher PER than Henry (mainly shooting percentage) Henry is not exactly playing like an MVP, but his youth, energy and athleticism are causing openings for others, which (unless he gets the assists himself) won't alter his PER.

Blake, on the other hand, isn't really even giving the value (and I use that term VERY loosely) that his PER suggests most of the time, because most of his shots (which count the same in the equation regardless of how they affect mood and momentum) are missing in the biggest moments of the game.

Stats are a good way to prop up something that is already evident...they aren't a hard and fast way to make decisions about people...in the case of Henry, his PER isn't really representative of his value to this team...in the case of the Steves, their PER is accurately reflecting their lack of value in games thus far this season...and Gasol has been the ONLY consistently reliable go to option for us...though I would also like to see Hill and Kaman get at least 10 more minutes per game apiece as well, so it just depends on a person's perspective I guess...
Snakell Beast

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 2m
Steve Nash is another vet who may be traded this year. I've heard Toronto as a possible landing spot for Nash from multiple league sources.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Please let this happen.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:23 pm

I'd be nice.
D.B. Cooper

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm honestly sorry for Nash, I think he's a GREAT guy, but please, please make this happen.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby charvin on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 2m
Steve Nash is another vet who may be traded this year. I've heard Toronto as a possible landing spot for Nash from multiple league sources.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Please let this happen.

I'm not so sure when Masai Ujiri is on the other line. We're going to have to take back some bad stuff, I believe.
charvin

Postby Sirron on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Seems to be playing a bit better today.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Glad Nash is doing better at least for this game, I wouldn't mind this for the rest of the season that would be more than good actually considering his first 3 games...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:01 pm

i kinda got worried when he asked to be taken out of the game and went back to the locker room but much better game today
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:07 pm

He looked better, but imo it's just fools gold and he will get hurt in time. If he can be traded to Toronto I jump on that.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Gotta give it to him here. Good game for Steve.

I also still have my doubts he can play like this consistently, but I'm honestly happy for him because he finally had a good game.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Sirron wrote:Seems to be playing a bit better today.

Agreed. Nice to see.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:00 pm

He played better today, his shots were actually going in. It was also good to see him playing in crunch time as he set up Pau for a couple of good looks.
XXIV

Postby Snake Eyes on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:30 pm

I am curious to see how he looks 20 games in. I don't get to see many Lakers games without cable, but I do know we've only played 3 games. Regardless, if we want to have a full salary cap to spend next season, it may be best to trade Nash.
Snake Eyes

Postby jlkr on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:11 am

Nash will not be traded this season. Given Nash's condition, only teams that would consider taking him would absolutely positively insist that the Lakers take back some of their trash. As in bad contracts that could act as a spoiler to future FA plans. Best thing right now would be for Nash to attempt to play out this season, then next summer either (1), Mitch successfully trades him to a team needing cap relief in exchange for something Mitch likes; or (2), I consider this more likely, Nash gets a buyout in which the Lakers get to spread his final year out over the next 3 seasons to minimize the luxury tax exposure. Very highly doubt the Lakers can do better than that in a trade this season.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby juninho on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:10 am

If they are willing to trade Amir Johnson then why not? Amir's contract has team option next year so we can just dump him. Also he fits our biggest need right now as a stretch pf. Also since Amir is from LA he is coming back to home like Nash does.
juninho

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion