Nash needs to stop trying to be perfect teammate

Re: Nash needs to stop trying to be perfect teammate

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:46 pm

I'd like to see him scoring 15-16 ppg. Pau isn't gonna step up & be that 3rd option we need him to be.. Nash & Ron need to both be above 14
lakersin4

Postby JGC on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:49 pm

lakersin4 wrote:I'd like to see him scoring 15-16 ppg. Pau isn't gonna step up & be that 3rd option we need him to be.. Nash & Ron need to both be above 14

That is not going to happen. It's not in Nash's nature. I mean, isn't 18 like his career high?
JGC

Postby khmrP on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 pm

this isn't warranted complaint because he's always been this type of player, you dont ave double digit asst year in year out by being a scorer too. Cp3 is the same way except he can be much more potent scorer when he wants to be.
Last edited by khmrP on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:52 pm

CP3 has been scoring a lot more with Jamal's absence bc that's what the team needs. When Pau is playing worse than dirt and Metta has been MIA recently than Nash should shoot more. period. that's what being a leader is...playing for your team. CP3 does an excellent job of that. Nash did for the suns but I have yet to see it with the lakers IMHO. he def can but hasn't. idk why. 10 shots a game is solid if Darius Morris or Meeks can shoot as much as they do
Ariza3

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:51 pm

JGC wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:I'd like to see him scoring 15-16 ppg. Pau isn't gonna step up & be that 3rd option we need him to be.. Nash & Ron need to both be above 14

That is not going to happen. It's not in Nash's nature. I mean, isn't 18 like his career high?

I think 14 is very possible for both Nash & Ron.. Ron's near that already but they both need to step up it instead of relying on Pau.. Reduce Pau's minutes & try to play him against scrubs.. Play Hill until he fouls out every game.. Pau @ backup C & when we're in foul trouble (which will happen alot with Hill/Dwight).. We get to come out of the gates with aggressive defense & strong rebounding..
lakersin4

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 am

lakersin4 wrote:
JGC wrote:

I think 14 is very possible for both Nash & Ron.. Ron's near that already but they both need to step up it instead of relying on Pau.. Reduce Pau's minutes & try to play him against scrubs.. Play Hill until he fouls out every game.. Pau @ backup C & when we're in foul trouble (which will happen alot with Hill/Dwight).. We get to come out of the gates with aggressive defense & strong rebounding..

Yeah, I don't know. In order to do that, he has to take more shots. Whose shots is he going to take?

I think it's humanly possible for him. Just very, very unlikely given his age and the players he has around him.
JGC

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:19 am

I'd say mostly no in general. This team needs leadership and I'd rather err on the side of unselfishness in that regard. But in the fourth quarter, I agree with Weezy, he should be calling his own number down the stretch, too, as opposed to mostly looking for Kobe. He's a great clutch option. Shouldn't the coach be doing some coaching in that regard too? Or is he too afraid to hurt Kobe's feelings or something?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Lakerjones wrote:I'd say mostly no in general. This team needs leadership and I'd rather err on the side of unselfishness in that regard. But in the fourth quarter, I agree with Weezy, he should be calling his own number down the stretch, too, as opposed to mostly looking for Kobe. He's a great clutch option. Shouldn't the coach be doing some coaching in that regard too? Or is he too afraid to hurt Kobe's feelings or something?

That's pretty much it. No one can stand up to Kobe... and sometimes that's a detriment. Regardless the Lakers played GOOD offense in their last loss. Again, our focus should be on the DEFENSIVE end and getting players that don't need a defensive minded coach to play good defense.
Armani

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion