Nash sounded very upset after game. Post game quotes

Re: Nash sounded very upset after game. Post game quotes

Postby LUUUKE on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:20 am

Lakerjones wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:Brown is getting it hard from Laker fans. Lol.

What's so funny?

Just seeing the board unanimously calling for his head on a silver platter.

It isn't unanimous at all. It's just the more vocal ones who want him gone (myself included) are having a field day because we just lost to yet another team that is way beneath our level. That makes us 0-9, even if the preseason "doesn't matter."

There are still some who support Brown here at CL, and some of them are posters who I truly respect. Nonetheless, I can't agree with them regarding this guy. I was never in favor of hiring him in the first place and I've been advocating firing him since the preseason got under way and our team looked unorganized and generally awful.

I'd love to see a great veteran coach here like Jerry Sloan - a guy who will crack the whip on D, and make smart use of our guys on offense.

yeah lets bring in jerry sloan..a guy who hadnt won anything in 20 years
what's the most resilient parasite?
LUUUKE

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:43 am

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters

Nash post-game "It was a disappointing night for us, we have high expectations and tonight we didn't play well."

Nash talking about what to expect tomorrow "I don't know if the offense will be a shining example of the Princeton

"The bottom line is that I came here to win ball games and we haven't yet." Steve Nash post-game

Let's please not take this one out of context. I watched the video of this on TWC online and Nash didn't say that in a way which he was frustrated. He saying the obvious.

Nash sounded frustrated in his the video of the post game comments I watched, but I don't think he's upset with the team per say. Mike Brown??? I don't know. But in no way shape or form do I think he's upset about being a Laker or apart of this team.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby gill on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:55 am

You don't stay a head coach for 20+ years having not accomplished anything. No championship but he certainly has more credibility, more savvy, and will command more respect from these vets than MB ever will. This team's personnel just fits his style of offense and hard nosed defense to a T!

I'm glad Nash is upset... maybe a few more losses and he'll finally implement his own playbook - aka "The Steve Nash Offense"
gill

Postby karacha on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:59 am

He should be upset. I'm upset for him and Dwight right now. Maybe he can try to lead the offense his way today.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 am

What do we get torched on all the time?.........Pick and roll....

What does 95% of the league run?..........Pick and roll......

Who has two of the BEST pick and roll players?........We do....

Yea, I'd be mad to, if I had to stand in the corner.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersfever on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 am

24K GOLD wrote:If he asked me to punch Mike Brown in the head, I will.

If he asked me to fire Mike Clown, I will.
Last edited by lakersfever on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakersfever

Postby gill on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:14 am

Brown insists that Nash does have free reign on when to call the P-n-R so maybe he just needs to assert himself more. He ran it in the 4th but it was too late. Got a layup out of it and the other time Dwight ended up on the line.

Then again... MB has said a lot of things... :man5:
gill

Postby lakersfever on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:18 am

LUUUKE wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:Brown is getting it hard from Laker fans. Lol.

What's so funny?

Just seeing the board unanimously calling for his head on a silver platter.

It isn't unanimous at all. It's just the more vocal ones who want him gone (myself included) are having a field day because we just lost to yet another team that is way beneath our level. That makes us 0-9, even if the preseason "doesn't matter."

There are still some who support Brown here at CL, and some of them are posters who I truly respect. Nonetheless, I can't agree with them regarding this guy. I was never in favor of hiring him in the first place and I've been advocating firing him since the preseason got under way and our team looked unorganized and generally awful.

I'd love to see a great veteran coach here like Jerry Sloan - a guy who will crack the whip on D, and make smart use of our guys on offense.

And what has Mike Clown won?
lakersfever

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:23 am

MB Isn't Using Steve Nash Properly!
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby ElginTheGreat on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:23 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:

Nash post-game "It was a disappointing night for us, we have high expectations and tonight we didn't play well."

Nash talking about what to expect tomorrow "I don't know if the offense will be a shining example of the Princeton

"The bottom line is that I came here to win ball games and we haven't yet." Steve Nash post-game

Let's please not take this one out of context. I watched the video of this on TWC online and Nash didn't say that in a way which he was frustrated. He saying the obvious.

Nash sounded frustrated in his the video of the post game comments I watched, but I don't think he's upset with the team per say. Mike Brown??? I don't know. But in no way shape or form do I think he's upset about being a Laker or apart of this team.

I agree with this. Nash sounded like how I think a lot of fans feel. Frustrated but far from ready to throw in the towel.
ElginTheGreat

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:55 am

He has every right to be upset. He needs to play as our PG and not as a spot up shooter, otherwise what's the difference between him and Blake?
XXIV

Postby kenzo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:56 am

XXIV wrote:He has every right to be upset. He needs to play as our PG and not as a spot up shooter, otherwise what's the difference between him and Blake?

Last name and about +10-15% in FG shooting :man12:
kenzo

Postby karacha on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 am

XXIV wrote:He has every right to be upset. He needs to play as our PG and not as a spot up shooter, otherwise what's the difference between him and Blake?

Well, the difference is that Nash could potentially be a spot up shooter, because... well, he can shoot.

Blake can't do this at all. He doesn't even like to shoot open Js.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 am

https://twitter.com/forumbluegold/status/263669848687656960

Nash speaking truth: "We've got to find a way to win games in other ways while we figure this offense out..."

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:12 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:

This. The quote is a little misleading. Nash is just frustrated with where this team is and how we're coming along so slowly. I think he's actually much more frustrated than anyone else.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 am

We're a few games away from a player revolt. Nash is just being nice about it.
kray28

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:19 am

Tell me this...wouldn't you guys be frustrated if your offense looked no better than it did on the 1st day of the preseason? I think its more of that than the actual W-L record. I know we haven't had our starting 5 but how the heck were the Mavs starting 5 without their regulars like Delonte, Kaman and Dirk able to outplay us. These are points of frustration

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:21 am

LUUUKE wrote:

Okay, you don't like Jerry Sloan? Who would you suggest? Or are you content with the head coach we currently have?

I've never wanted Sloan to coach the Lakers before, so I can understand some hesitation, but to be so dismissive of a guy who is undeniably one of the greats - I can't say that I get that at all.

Did his players always play incredibly hard for him? Yes. Was/is he a great defensive coach? Yes. Did he run some of the greatest pick and roll ball that we've ever seen on the offensive side? Yes.

To me, there's no doubt that he's a great fit with this current team we have.

Let's go over the options on the table:

1. Stick with what's not working in Brown and company. I don't think we have the luxury of time to find out if Brown's ill conceived "hybrid" is going to ever work out. All signs so far show it's a no go. But the offense is just one aspect where Brown is falling short - he doesn't seem to have a handle on the rotations yet again, and sadly, I don't see the defensive effort or cohesion in the team at all. They weren't that good defensively last year either. I never had faith in Brown, but even any hope I had is pretty wiped out.

2. So I'm advocating firing this head coach. If you go with that you can continue on with the current coaching staff, Eddie Jordan and Bernie Bickerstaff. If you are one of the guys here that are in favor of running the Princeton offense, this is probably your best move. At least in this case you have one voice and not two, running the offense in a clear manner. Right now there is confusion because of Brown's "hybrid" idea. If you let Jordan and Bickerstaff run it, there's at least clarity and a commitment to one system. I don't mind this choice at all. I think Jordan would do a better job as head coach than Brown. And Bickerstaff is a smart guy.

3. You can go with an outside head coach. Adelman and Shaw are under hire already. They are off the table. Larry Brown is also gone. So, you have guys like the Van Gundys, you have D'Antoni, you have Phil, and you've got my candidate - Jerry Sloan.

I think it's clear that there's a significant power struggle between Phil and Jim Buss. I am not in favor of revisiting that dynamic at this time. As much as I love Phil as a coach, I think it's time to move on from the idea of Phil as the savior every time we have a crappy coaching hire.

The Van Gundy's -- obviously there's some pretty bad history with Stan and that could effect a possible relationship with Dwight if Jeff were hired. I wouldn't go there. I'm not the biggest Jeff Van Gundy fan either, for the record.

Mike D'Antoni is a name that has been coming up, obviously because of his ties with Nash. While Nash would be better utilized, I don't like Pringles' coaching style much. His teams play absolutely zero defense, and it's clear that we need guidance on that end of the floor.

That brings me to Jerry Sloan. He's a no nonsense, hard-nosed bull dog of a coach. I think the team could use that kind of energy and accountability. We need a defensive concept and style that works and that's Sloan's specialty. On the other end, Sloan would be the perfect guy to best utilize Nash and Howard in the pick and roll. But Sloan isn't only a pick and roll guy. The thing is he knows how to use what he's given, and he gets the best from his players. To me, he's the best candidate by far.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby DarkHadou10 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:23 am

Lets not forget that even though the offense didnt look pretty, we missed 19 free throws, which in turn, would've won us the game. Pretty or ugly offense, 19 missed free throws, you're asking to lose the game.
DarkHadou10

Postby kray28 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 am

Well the first game tells us how much better Carlisle is as a coach than Mike Brown. Great coaches figure out how to do more with less.

Mike Brown figures out how to do the least with the most.
kray28

Postby kenzo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:26 am

JVG with Pringles as an assistant. With Bernie and Eddie it's impossible though :man9:
kenzo

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:27 am

DarkHadou10 wrote:Lets not forget that even though the offense didnt look pretty, we missed 19 free throws, which in turn, would've won us the game. Pretty or ugly offense, 19 missed free throws, you're asking to lose the game.

I have absolutely zero problem with the offense. None at all. It's going to take time for this to look perfect. Hell even Reggie was saying it.

The problem is that we're still forcing it. Like Nash said, we need to find ways to be successful even without the offense for now. If that means shortening the playbook that's fine. I think it means guys like Kobe and Dwight have to be more assertive. Not to mention Jamison.

And you're right. The team missed so many f***ing free throws... that's not the coach. That's the players.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:00 am

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/forumbluegold/status/263669848687656960

Nash speaking truth: "We've got to find a way to win games in other ways while we figure this offense out..."

Funny quote. If you have to figure out other ways to win then the offense isn't working. Other NBA players are tweeting it, all the analysts on earth can see it, it needs to be scrapped.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:03 am

therealdeal wrote:
DarkHadou10 wrote:Lets not forget that even though the offense didnt look pretty, we missed 19 free throws, which in turn, would've won us the game. Pretty or ugly offense, 19 missed free throws, you're asking to lose the game.

I have absolutely zero problem with the offense. None at all. It's going to take time for this to look perfect. Hell even Reggie was saying it.

The problem is that we're still forcing it. Like Nash said, we need to find ways to be successful even without the offense for now. If that means shortening the playbook that's fine. I think it means guys like Kobe and Dwight have to be more assertive. Not to mention Jamison.

And you're right. The team missed so many f***ing free throws... that's not the coach. That's the players.

Well said RD. This team beat themselves last night. We know Dwight is gonna struggle at the free throw line, but he can't struggle that bad. Beyond him Hill and Pau also missed some free throws. Those are free points and you have to knock the down. Like you said this offense will take some time to get going and when it does it'll be a beauty to watch.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby jjin28 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:14 am

I swear, I don't understand Mike Brown.

After being gifted Nash, he goes onto run the Princeton offense and run it through Metta. LOL. I swear, Metta has the ball longer than Nash does.

I actually agreed with Barkeley yesterday. The Princeton offense is a complete waste of talent and keeps the other teams in the game.

With our sheer talent alone, the starting 5 should be running up the score. But the worst part of Brown? His subsitution patterns. I was sick of seeing it through preseason and disgusted last night when i see him sub out 4 of the 5 starters with bench players. I give him some credit for improvement. in the preseason, it was all 5 subs for the starters. At least he kept it to 4 yesterday. This guy needs to learn to blend the subs in. Like 2-3 at a time. Don't be so robotic in keeping a set rotation. Let it flow with the game. His stupid substitution patterns ended up going down by grip and resulting in our starters have to play even longer minutes, while getting humilated, and having a back to back. This guy just doesn't get it.

And preseason or its only 1 game is not an excuse. Coaches like Popovich, Carlisle, Sloan would have this team executing at at least 80% with their talent alone being able to kill that team yesterday and learn as you go. But with Mike Brown, you go 0-8 preseason and lose to a horrible Mavs team yesterday.
Last edited by jjin28 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion