NBA PM: Lakers, LeBron After Kobe?

Re: NBA PM: Lakers, LeBron After Kobe?

Postby noobiew on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 am

I don't see Lebron leaving Miami in his prime, I see the next star Lakers will get to pair up with Dwight is either Kyrie Irving or John Wall ! :man1:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:00 am

Call me crazy but I'd prefer Melo to Bron. Melo's game always reminded me of Kobe.. He gets his shots in a lot of the same spots Kobe does. Melo's game will age much better than Lebron's, imo.. Melo for the max.. Kobe back for 10M 1 year.. Pau back using the MLE-Sized exception you get for having cap space. Hopefully Meeks & Jordan Hill still around. we'll have a big hole to fill when Nash hangs it up the next season, but we have the option of reloading at PG with the nearly 10M that comes off the books.
lakersin4

Postby Juronimo on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:27 am

lakersin4 wrote:Call me crazy but I'd prefer Melo to Bron. Melo's game always reminded me of Kobe.. He gets his shots in a lot of the same spots Kobe does. Melo's game will age much better than Lebron's, imo.. Melo for the max.. Kobe back for 10M 1 year.. Pau back using the MLE-Sized exception you get for having cap space. Hopefully Meeks & Jordan Hill still around. we'll have a big hole to fill when Nash hangs it up the next season, but we have the option of reloading at PG with the nearly 10M that comes off the books.

OK I'll call you crazy. The only thing Melo is better at than Lebron is post game. Lebron is better at literally everything else. Even midrange and the three game, which Melo supposedly excels at Lebron hits those at a higher percentage. I don't know how anyone can put Melo above Lebron. Melo is not a leader, he plays no defense, he doesn't make his teammates better, he lacks all of the intangibles you need for a superstar. If Melo plays with a superstar that has that maybe he has a shot but as the man he won't lead your team anywhere. Now if you said Durant, maybe you'd have an argument but Melo? No way.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:33 am

I think Lebron goes back to Cleveland to be honest....

Cleveland has Kyrie right now, who by the looks of things, is a legit player going forward. If the Cavs manage to snag a top PF/C, I think Lebron goes back to Cleveland to be apart of that trio.....

But it's the Cavs and they've missed out twice now in getting the big name there (Amare/Bynum), so they will probably drop the ball on that one to.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:19 pm

I don't think LeBron and Kyrie make a very good pairing. Who gets the ball?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby retro_nights on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:31 pm

---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:02 pm

I don't want to think about things like this right now. I'm basking in the Howard/Nash/Kobe/Gasol/Ron Ron glory! :jam2: However long it can last I want it.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Wrath12X on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:51 pm

I do NOT want Lebron to EVER wear the purple & gold...I just have hatred for this guy
Wrath12X

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:01 pm

"i have decided to take my talents to south....los angeles"
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby ThizGuy83 on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Thenextgreat wrote:Will Klay Thompson ever be a Laker? I don't know how good this kid will end up but would love to see him here one day...

that is one player im interested in on how good he can become... if he makes a huge jump in skill this season... maybe a future laker?
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Kou on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:05 pm

If we are that lucky.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
Kou

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:20 am

People who don't want LeBron on the Lakers are not real Laker fans.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby JSM on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:31 am

I would have a really difficult time enjoying Lakers games if that douche was on this team. He's my single least favorite player in the entire NBA. The Cs are a collective group, so I'm not including them. There are better options for a Dwight led Lakers than LeChoke.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:32 am

You guys can hate him all you want, but he's the best player in the game. Him with Dwight would be one of the most athletic teams ever by default. Obviously things would get tough down the line when they're both in their mid to late 30s, lose their athleticism, and are limited in their abilities, but c'mon now. In 2 years we could have: Nash/LeBron/Howard and fillers. Or maybe in 3 years we could have LeBron/Howard/some other star and fillers.

That's an incredible team again.

Personally I'd rather have John Wall paired with Dwight. Or better yet Kyrie Irving paired with Dwight. I think they fit better. Getting them would be tough... Wall has a Qualifying option in 2014 and if I understand correctly Washington can match anything we throw at them. Kyrie same thing in 2015.

A realistic option would be K. Love in 2015. I think he'd love a return to LA and to play alongside Dwight. He's a great floor spacer for Dwight and we'd get almost every rebound. Then you go get a PG like Kyle Lowry or someone like that (good but not spectacular) who is a free agent in 2014.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:45 am

therealdeal wrote:You guys can hate him all you want, but he's the best player in the game. Him with Dwight would be one of the most athletic teams ever by default. Obviously things would get tough down the line when they're both in their mid to late 30s, lose their athleticism, and are limited in their abilities, but c'mon now. In 2 years we could have: Nash/LeBron/Howard and fillers. Or maybe in 3 years we could have LeBron/Howard/some other star and fillers.

That's an incredible team again.

Personally I'd rather have John Wall paired with Dwight. Or better yet Kyrie Irving paired with Dwight. I think they fit better. Getting them would be tough... Wall has a Qualifying option in 2014 and if I understand correctly Washington can match anything we throw at them. Kyrie same thing in 2015.

A realistic option would be K. Love in 2015. I think he'd love a return to LA and to play alongside Dwight. He's a great floor spacer for Dwight and we'd get almost every rebound. Then you go get a PG like Kyle Lowry or someone like that (good but not spectacular) who is a free agent in 2014.

That's the great thing about Dwight.. A star PG paired with him, along with good shooters is enough to make a run every year. Even if we don't land a megastar, we will still compete.
lakersin4

Postby revgen on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:52 am

last stand wrote:
revgen wrote:I doubt Bron or Wade come over. Granger, Melo, and Gay seem the most likely perimeter candidates. Melo is the best out of all 3 of them but his history in the playoffs leaves much to be desired.

Would rather have irving

Me too. He lacks playoff experience, but at least he has potential. You can hope for the future.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby nameant on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:53 am

I think one of the things everybody dogs on LeBron about is that his offensive game is based mostly on power and athleticism and little on skill or fundamentals, and that "when he gets older" he won't be as good because of it. Yet, we want him when he's older and not in his athletic prime?
nameant

Postby Jellincon on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:57 am

He doesn't look too bad in a Laker jersey. :man12:

Jellincon

Postby Weezy on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:13 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:People who don't want LeBron on the Lakers are not real Laker fans.

I hope you're being sarcastic or something. Sometimes I don't want the enemy on the Lakers, I don't see a problem with not wanting to be forced to root for a player I can't stand. I don't want Paul Pierce on the Lakers for example, ever, just like I wouldn't have wanted Bird on the Lakers.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby jamabile on Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:26 pm

He's the best player in the game RIGHT NOW. However, things can change especially when in a span of 2-3 years. I would prefer getting a superstar PG, 25-27 years of age to pair with Dwight. If we're running a traditional offense, it's best to have someone like a Nash who can run it effeciently, get Dwight his looks, shoot the ball well, etc. That would be my choice...
jamabile

Postby therealdeal on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:14 pm

jamabile wrote:He's the best player in the game RIGHT NOW. However, things can change especially when in a span of 2-3 years. I would prefer getting a superstar PG, 25-27 years of age to pair with Dwight. If we're running a traditional offense, it's best to have someone like a Nash who can run it effeciently, get Dwight his looks, shoot the ball well, etc. That would be my choice...

I'd be fine with a Lowry or something if we could also pair him with a star SF or a star SG. Someone who is a legitimate scorer. I can't think of any young ones that I'd include in that group off the top of my head, but maybe someone like MarShon Brooks maybe? I don't know a whole lot about young SGs out there and who can legitimately create their own shot.

Maybe an Andre Iguodala or a Rudy Gay in 2014.

Or maybe Lowry (or something comparable) and Love? Lowry/Love/Howard is a nice start. I just want a guy that's going to create his own offense at times from the perimeter. We've all seen how successful a great SG and a dominant C can be.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:26 pm

I called this in another thread that leBron will be a Laker in the summer of 2014 but ONLY if Kobe retires. he will NOT come here while Kobe is still here, but I could see the Buss family gunning for LeBron 2 yrs from now ESPECIALLY if the HEAT do not win these next 2 yrs (hopefully because of the Lakers!). Getting LeBron would be VERY weird for me as a Laker fan, and I don't think I could imagine that right now. I'm going to enjoy this team we have right now and not even THINK about the possibility of LeBron in LA. But I mean if Lebron can leave Cleveland, he can DEFINITELY leave Miami. He's always looking for the next challenge....and don't think for a second LeBron hasn't thought about it....he HAS thought about it...imagine if LEBRON ends up surpassing Kobe in terms of NUMBER OF RINGS as a Laker/ Number of Finals MVP awards...u KNOW LeBron has thought about that possibility....I hate to think about it that way but these are ALL THINGS that the Buss family have thought about and things LeBron has probably thought of as well. Jerry Buss DID say a couple years back that he likes LeBron. I think this is the Lakers plan for 2014 should Kobe retire: Get LeBron (granted Wade starts breaking down and HEAT do not win a title these next 2 years and LeBron opts out as a result)
FabFourLakers

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:36 pm

therealdeal wrote:You guys are nuts. If he wanted to come here, I'd roll out the welcome wagon myself.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Legendary on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Weezy wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:People who don't want LeBron on the Lakers are not real Laker fans.

I hope you're being sarcastic or something. Sometimes I don't want the enemy on the Lakers, I don't see a problem with not wanting to be forced to root for a player I can't stand. I don't want Paul Pierce on the Lakers for example, ever, just like I wouldn't have wanted Bird on the Lakers.

Damn you Weezy...I find myself agreeing with you yet again...

Frankly, I don't even want to entertain the thought of Lebron joining the Lakers. S*** would make me puke.

It's still way too early to even to begin talking about such things with Kobe barely in the grave and ready to bring in more 'ships for us spoiled brats...

So...

Weezy wrote:**** LeBron.
Last edited by Legendary on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
therealdeal wrote:You guys are nuts. If he wanted to come here, I'd roll out the welcome wagon myself.

same for me, as long as it was the lebron from this past year (esp. playoffs) and the olympics
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion