NBA PM: Lakers, LeBron After Kobe?

Re: NBA PM: Lakers, LeBron After Kobe?

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
therealdeal wrote:You guys are nuts. If he wanted to come here, I'd roll out the welcome wagon myself.

same for me, as long as it was the lebron from this past year (esp. playoffs) and the olympics
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:49 pm

retro_nights wrote:judging by this, YES PLEASE

http://joshweil.blogspot.com/2012/09/a- ... ayers.html

Another analyst's homebrew system? Maybe it's accurate, maybe it's great, maybe it has flaws....who knows. Too disinterested to take the effort to figure out what the bleep everything means. LeBron at top....well that's pretty hard to argue against. Kobe was kind of dismissed like he's "over" now.... :nono2:

We'll see this year with some real support how over he is.
LTLakerFan

Postby retro_nights on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Legendary wrote:
Weezy wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:People who don't want LeBron on the Lakers are not real Laker fans.

I hope you're being sarcastic or something. Sometimes I don't want the enemy on the Lakers, I don't see a problem with not wanting to be forced to root for a player I can't stand. I don't want Paul Pierce on the Lakers for example, ever, just like I wouldn't have wanted Bird on the Lakers.

Damn you Weezy...I find myself agreeing with you yet again...

Frankly, I don't even want to entertain the thought of Lebron joining the Lakers. S*** would make me puke.

It's still way too early to even to begin talking about such things with Kobe barely in the grave and ready to bring in more 'ships for us spoiled brats...

So...

Weezy wrote:**** LeBron.

If that were truly the case we'd be in a tough spot. We always manage to get top talent...from OTHER teams. The thought of a certain player might be weird, but it would go away the instant you saw that players passion now on your team. If not, lets just get rid of free agency all together and only rely on the draft.
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby Weezy on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:17 pm

retro_nights wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Weezy wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:People who don't want LeBron on the Lakers are not real Laker fans.

I hope you're being sarcastic or something. Sometimes I don't want the enemy on the Lakers, I don't see a problem with not wanting to be forced to root for a player I can't stand. I don't want Paul Pierce on the Lakers for example, ever, just like I wouldn't have wanted Bird on the Lakers.

Frankly, I don't even want to entertain the thought of Lebron joining the Lakers. S*** would make me puke.

It's still way too early to even to begin talking about such things with Kobe barely in the grave and ready to bring in more 'ships for us spoiled brats...

So...

If that were truly the case we'd be in a tough spot. We always manage to get top talent...from OTHER teams. The thought of a certain player might be weird, but it would go away the instant you saw that players passion now on your team. If not, lets just get rid of free agency all together and only rely on the draft.

I think you misunderstand, I never said I don't want other teams franchise players to take over here when Kobe's gone, I said I don't want LeBron, can't stand him, don't want to be forced to root for him. I don't like him, I don't like Wade, I don't like Paul Pierce, and I don't like some others, if I had my choice they'd never be Lakers. I want my team to win, but I also want to enjoy the winning and enjoy rooting for players I like. I'd love to have Kevin Durant here, or Kevin Love, I'd take Westbrook, Deron Williams, Chris Paul (I don't like his flopping but I'd get over it quick), Melo, and even Rondo despite that he's a Celtic.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Legendary on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:46 pm

retro_nights wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Weezy wrote:

So...

^
For me, some players carry varying degrees of disdain. For example...I never, in my wildest dreams, thought we'd get Steve Nash just because of the so-called rivalry we had with he and the Suns. I didn't like him because of the stuff we went through with those Suns... But, I never disliked him as a person. My overall opinion of him paled in comparison to how I feel about LeBron and his "Not 1, Not 2, Not 3"...shaft job of Cleveland, and secret collaboration he and the other 2 Musketeers orchestrated in Miami, and how the media has bent over for it all.

Yeah, we get the top talent...and I'd root for whoever puts on the Purple & Gold, but depending on that players' background, there will always be a lingering wariness based on what transpired before they got here.
Legendary

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:46 am

kray28 wrote:Eh, I'm not ready to think about the post-Kobe Lakers yet. Two more seasons before anything can happen. I just want to enjoy the now. Can we enjoy the now?

Let's enjoy the now! So for now, I'll pass on Bron, Durant, Wade, do not want. Kobe > all of them.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby retro_nights on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am

Legendary wrote:
retro_nights wrote:
Legendary wrote:
Weezy wrote:

So...

^
For me, some players carry varying degrees of disdain. For example...I never, in my wildest dreams, thought we'd get Steve Nash just because of the so-called rivalry we had with he and the Suns. I didn't like him because of the stuff we went through with those Suns... But, I never disliked him as a person. My overall opinion of him paled in comparison to how I feel about LeBron and his "Not 1, Not 2, Not 3"...shaft job of Cleveland, and secret collaboration he and the other 2 Musketeers orchestrated in Miami, and how the media has bent over for it all.

Yeah, we get the top talent...and I'd root for whoever puts on the Purple & Gold, but depending on that players' background, there will always be a lingering wariness based on what transpired before they got here.

I guess i'm saying, you hate someone that maybe another laker fan doesn't. Alot of people here hate Lebron or Wade for various reasons, while people hate Kobe for the exact same reasons too. Just have to put things into perspective, and since we as fans can't choose who is on our team, if they are there, I will root for them as long as they are helping our team win a championship.

The idea of Pierce on Lakers would be bad for some, but for the other half, would see it as a homecoming for a kid who grew up a Laker fan in LA. His family would certainly welcome him here.It's not his fault he was drafted by the Celtics. Life takes you in interesting directions.
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby Legendary on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 am

^
No, I'm sure there are a lot of folks who love Lebron around here (pretty sure of that, actually)...I happen to not be one of them. And it would be very difficult for me to change my views concerning him. So, at this time, I don't want any part of him near this team.

As I said...if a player is brought in by the organization, I'd root for him because I want the team to succeed. But it makes it so much more fun as a fan to root for someone that you actually like, and not despise.

And to be honest...I'd take more pleasure in seeing us defeat a Lebron-led team than have him join us as a teammate. Maybe after these Lakers have taken the Heat to the woodshed over the next couple of years, and added to our championship total at their expense....my views may change. I want to think about bringing Lebron and Wade and those goes down...not thinking about one of them joining us...

I'm just not there yet.
Last edited by Legendary on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary

Postby therealdeal on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:39 am

Hey off topic, but what if the Lakers brought in Bosh next to Dwight instead of LeBron?

Would people here be more or less okay with that? (just curious, don't hurt me)
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:58 pm

therealdeal wrote:Hey off topic, but what if the Lakers brought in Bosh next to Dwight instead of LeBron?

Would people here be more or less okay with that? (just curious, don't hurt me)

GTFO :mad1: :disagree: :bang:

Honestly, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Bosh has a good mid range game so he can create some space for Dwight. But I think Pau (assuming he's playing at his best) is a better fit next to Dwight. Almost perfect really. All his weaknesses are Dwight's strengths, and vice versa.
nthydro

Postby Juronimo on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Weezy wrote:

I wouldn't have a problem having Bron on the Lakers but Paul Pierce, KG, Rondo, Pork, Shuttlesworth, Paul Pierce (did I mention him yet?) or any of the current or former members of the evil empire or their '80's counterparts? :hurl:

I took me a while to get used to Malone being a Laker in 2004. I remember in '99 when Phil came on there were rumblings that Scottie Pippen would join the Lakers and I hated him back then so much so that I told a friend of mine I would cease to be a Laker fan if Scottie Pippen became a Laker. I don't know why I hated him so much, I just did for some reason.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion