NBA Position: Power Forward
College: Xavier
Class: Senior
Ht: 6-9
Wt: 232
Hometown: Garner, NC
High School: Garner/Hargrave Military
Team Site Profile 2002 Stats

NBA Comparison: Derrick Coleman (Less ability, More heart)

Strengths: Very athletic. Tenacious competitor. Smart, team player. Excellent defender and rebounder. Post moves are excellent, can even face the basket and take the ball off the dribble to an extent. Has a variety of moves and positions himself on the block for rebounds or passes. Very good versatility. Shoots the ball with great touch and has decent range. Blue collar type of rebounding power forward that plays with maximum effort at all times... Similar to former Muskateer Brian Grant with his strength and work ethic.. Huge wingspan makes him bigger than he appears. Has nice post moves around the basket. Offensive game is steadily improving. Has very bright future.

Weaknesses: Undersized. Not quite prototype size, but fits that description in many ways. A PF all the way. Doesn't have the ball handling or perimeter skills to play the SF position. Frame does not appear huge but it's decent. Must get stronger. Slight-tweener. Alot depends how he measures out. Some have qustioned his maturity level after his blowups during games, but it is most often attributed to his passion for the game.
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Snakell Beast on Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:36 am

He is in the top 3-5 players I'd like to see in a Laker uniform next season as a rookie, but who knows what could happen...
Snakell Beast

Postby kingjsun on Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:34 am

that makes sense, however, what if we resign Maddog? And, what if during the off season (like at this very moment) is working on his jumper. West may have heart, but I don't think it compares to the HEART of Madsen :jam2: ! Anyway, if Madsen resigns, then I agree with another Mock Draft that has the Lakers :bow: picking the best possible player available at #24. According to the one I saw, it had Josh Howard. Speaking of Howard's, the free agent market is loaded with some damn good ball players. Don't get me wrong, the draft has good players too, but the free agent market have players that have been there and done that. I hear people talking "Glove" for defensive purposes. Well, let me throw this at you, remember a guard from Nebraska that guarded AI in the finals. Well, he being Lue, is now a wizard. However, there is another guard, known for his defense, that played ball in Nebraska, that has been bounced around and may be looking for a place to finally call home. This free agent goes by the name of Strickland, plays for the Pacers. :man7:
kingjsun

Postby SWOL on Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:23 pm

I WOULD RATHER SIGN SKIP TO MY LOU, AO, 50, OR MAIN EVENT THEN BRING BACK THE WATER BOY OF THE NBA
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:52 pm

I would rather have "SHANE THE DRIBBLING MACHINE" or "HOT SAUCE" :jam2: :jam2:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:42 pm

Any player we get that will improve our team in the slightest, I would agree with if they were signed...except for Scottie Pippen...
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion